First Ever Grow - Soil - 8 Ball Kush & Cheese Journal - 2016

As seedlings they will definitely do fine with the t5's, it'll keep the nodes nice and tight of you keep in close enough. I use t5's strictly for my first week or so and keep em on 24/7.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Edit:
35c is pretty high.... Does you exhaust fan exit the top of the tent? Or the side? If it goes out the side then you may want to move it or open up the top vent for a passive exhaust port.

did you add the intake fan?? how is your heat problem doing? if you still have it i think you'll have to improve your extraction... Other thing i was going to try for my grow room is a DIY A/C, using copper tube you can make a spiral around the front part of a fan, run a water pump trough the copper tube and cycle iced water from a cooler or icebox im not sure whats the proper name in english lol:laughtwo:

Anyway, you can still leave the tent open for now... whats the temperature outside the tent by the way??

Keep the goos work man! good luck :thumb:

Just ass a FYI on temp, im running a 250watt bulb, my temp has been around 27-30C im not in a tent but they seem to have adjusted well. Ive got a 12" fan in there to move the air around as well.

Hope your intake helps bring temps down

Yeh I added it, it dropped a little but not enough! Roll on winter :laugh: Yeh I guess the rooms pretty warm taking the weather has been warm. I think I might end up upgrading to a decent 6" extractor. I'm just paranoid about the noise as my neighbours are the other side of the wall! I'm still waiting on a clip-on fan that hasn't been posted in a hurry!

I've also bought some clip on solar powered fans that I hope the HPS will power?

Your DIY idea sounds cool :thumb:

Why oh why did I buy a 4" with my set-up :phew:

Living and learning!

It looks like there's a vent at the top of the tent, you could open that up as a passive exhaust to let the hottest air out. Also if you don't have one. A small intake fan will make a huge difference. If you can get cold air in then you're golden.

:green_heart :cheers

Ps. If you get a 6 inch exhaust fan use your 4 inch as an intake fan. Runthe 6" at 50 % and the 4" at 80% and you should have positive pressure in your tent. Good to keep dust and bugs out as a bonus. Keep it green...

My 1k has never put temps over 80f. Constantly 55-60% RH, AC set on "power saver" (comes on when it needs it). I wouldn't necessarily listen to some that say canna don't(won't thrive) like temps over 80f.....let's not forget, they're a "weed" afterall. Last summer, it easily was well in the 100's for a month straight and my outdoor crop absolutely loved every minute of it.
2015-outd00r.jpg

Get us some more pics man! I seen barneys 8bk when it was a promo item, but couldn't find much info on it. What's the lineage, etc?

Thanks for the advise, the top flap is now open! I'll let you know how it goes. I added a 4" intake and the temp dropped a little, but not enough! I'm thinking of buying a 6" extractor and buying a reducer so I can still use my 4" carbon filter and ducting (save some moneys). Please advise if this is a bad idea. The positive pressure idea is golden! Thanks!

Thanks for the advise, the top flap is now open! I'll let you know how it goes. I added a 4" intake and the temp dropped a little, but not enough! I'm thinking of buying a 6" extractor and buying a reducer so I can still use my 4" carbon filter and ducting (save some monies). Please advise if this is a bad idea. The positive pressure idea is golden! Thanks!

Woah Its raining weed in there! :thumb: Hopefully I'll have the temp problems sorted very soon, I think its just the fact my extractor fan has the force of an old man trying to blow up a balloon. Yeh the 8 ball, I asked for a short and bushy strain and this is what he suggested! Here is the 'synopsis' haha '8 Ball Kush is a pure indica variety descended from an Afghani landrace strain'

Hard to guess size from a picture, but this early on i wouldnt worry, you can bury them stem deeper at transplanting. As long as your internodes arent really far apart youll be fine. If you are worried you could move a light a bit closer maybe

Thanks guys for the speedy responses! Yeh I put them under my T5 for 2 days, I've lost confidence in it now and put my HPS back on.

Better news, I opened the flaps, installed my freshly delivered 6inch fan and I'm down to 27C. I know it won't do in the long run because I'm pretty sure when I close everything I'll be back up to the mid 30's but for now its sound!

I'm thinking about (sitting in an online basket whilst I think about and ask you guys) buying the black orchid In Line Hybrid-Flo Air Extractor Fan, it's a 5 inch with 350 m3/h. My current fan is 187 m3/hour. Do you think this will do the job?

Thanks again guys!

Back
Top Bottom