First ever grow

angelicbfs

420 Member
Hi Buds this is my first grow for medical reasons. I bought a complete 4×4 tent set up from kitbag and seeds from nirvana. The seeds sprouted tap root then did nothing else. I havnt given up hope i still give them phd water when they seem a little dry but no sign of anything green. We kept them in the airing cupboard for heat on bleach free towel and tap roots looked good so we planted them in co co coir but they did nothing. Now i have dropped a bcn xxl critical and a gorilla glue in phd water ill poke sink test tomorrow. Think ill buy seed starters as i dont want another no show. Im in so much pain & im avoiding the pills but my med is costing a fortune really need my own supply. Any and all advice would be great. Thank you..
Keep Rollin & Keep Er Lit

Welcome to the site! Sorry to hear about your bad luck. It's important to keep the humidity levels up when sprouting seeds. I personally cold soak my seeds in the refrigerator for a day or more before I plant them. After nestled into their medium I cover the container with a plastic bag or clear soda bottle and try to keep it around 80 degrees. More people will likely drop by to offer their methods as well. Great place to learn from, keep an open mind and ask any questions you have.

Welcome to the site! Sorry to hear about your bad luck. It's important to keep the humidity levels up when sprouting seeds. I personally cold soak my seeds in the refrigerator for a day or more before I plant them. After nestled into their medium I cover the container with a plastic bag or clear soda bottle and try to keep it around 80 degrees. More people will likely drop by to offer their methods as well. Great place to learn from, keep an open mind and ask any questions you have.
Thank you. I had them in a progagator for humidity & the airing cupboard is warm but still nothing doing. Ive set the prop outside today as its a hot day but its blacked out so as not to damage anything the dome is very steamy and the co co coir is moist so still living in hope my girls havnt croaked. Will try again with my new seeds that are soaking now. Felt like crying when nothing came up x

Sounds like your method is done correctly. So try look at other factors. Did you wash your coco before planting? Maybe the blacked out dome hasnt helped either its a possibility they reached the top but because there was no light on em they just didnt wanna fully pop out. This is just a wild guess though. I just get like a bottle and cut the bottom off and use as a humidome. As soon as my seeds pop a root they get put in soil under the light with the clear humidome on :)

Hi. You are at the right place for growing weed. I'm not sure I understand what you are doing. Photos would help a lot. You germinate the seeds in the dark. When they sprout tap roots you need to plant them very gently into a medium and let them pop out by themselves. They need light for that to happen. It usually takes 2 days give or take. Temp should be moderate. Light should be indirect. Once they get going they love humidity, so covering them with a dome is great so long as the temperature stays moderate. :welcome:

I have this happen sometimes in coco. I believe it’s the roots drying out. When I mist with a hand sprayer multiple times a day, no issues. When I don’t, I have some seedlings just “stop” after breaking ground. I don’t ever have this issue with the starter plugs and plant the root cubes into coco. Mist the next ones often or use a root cube on the next. Coco can get a bit dry at the surface. Good luck, I hope you feel better soon.

Hi. You are at the right place for growing weed. I'm not sure I understand what you are doing. Photos would help a lot. You germinate the seeds in the dark. When they sprout tap roots you need to plant them very gently into a medium and let them pop out by themselves. They need light for that to happen. It usually takes 2 days give or take. Temp should be moderate. Light should be indirect. Once they get going they love humidity, so covering them with a dome is great so long as the temperature stays moderate. :welcome:
I did all of that and nothing happened they were not messed with just left in kitchen towel when tap root formed i transplanted them using tweezers into phd co co coir and put them into my propagator for the humidity and after 8 days nothing at all i only checked to see if they had water nothing else no poking. ah well im blooming these couple of free seeds at the min so at least no cost and i have a friend who used to grow his own so hes going to oversee.

Sounds like your method is done correctly. So try look at other factors. Did you wash your coco before planting? Maybe the blacked out dome hasnt helped either its a possibility they reached the top but because there was no light on em they just didnt wanna fully pop out. This is just a wild guess though. I just get like a bottle and cut the bottom off and use as a humidome. As soon as my seeds pop a root they get put in soil under the light with the clear humidome on :)
I checked them for moisture levels and the black out is just a sheet that goes on the dome to keep light out they never broke ground unfortunately x

I have this happen sometimes in coco. I believe it’s the roots drying out. When I mist with a hand sprayer multiple times a day, no issues. When I don’t, I have some seedlings just “stop” after breaking ground. I don’t ever have this issue with the starter plugs and plant the root cubes into coco. Mist the next ones often or use a root cube on the next. Coco can get a bit dry at the surface. Good luck, I hope you feel better soon.
Which plugs would you recommend? Ive looked at root it rapid root rockwool and jiffy cubes im lost lol

Jiffy cubes are my favorite. I use whatever I have laying around. I have started a bunch in just straight coco. I’ve been getting lazy lately and losing a few seeds that pop. Not implying that was your problem, I just find the surface of coco dries out real fast. You could always plant the seed I hint deeper too. Good luck!

I did all of that and nothing happened they were not messed with just left in kitchen towel when tap root formed i transplanted them using tweezers into phd co co coir and put them into my propagator for the humidity and after 8 days nothing at all i only checked to see if they had water nothing else no poking. ah well im blooming these couple of free seeds at the min so at least no cost and i have a friend who used to grow his own so hes going to oversee.

Everything you described sounds perfect. I've not used coco before, so I'm guessing that was it. I understand it dries out quickly. You have to water every day. If that happened, they were too delicate to recover. I've used the root cubes and basic potting soil. They were damp (not soaking). No problems with either.

Everything you described sounds perfect. I've not used coco before, so I'm guessing that was it. I understand it dries out quickly. You have to water every day. If that happened, they were too delicate to recover. I've used the root cubes and basic potting soil. They were damp (not soaking). No problems with either.
Thanks for all the advice i ordered some root plugs they will be here tomorrow hopefully no more issues with this stage. Once they pop tap root on kitchen towel & i pop them in my plugs do they need light before they sprout up or after i have green tips? Im getting so many conflicting messages. Keep them in dark put them under 18 hours light. Ive everything in my tent ready for them just dont want to risk damaging them by doing something wrong x

Thanks for all the advice i ordered some root plugs they will be here tomorrow hopefully no more issues with this stage. Once they pop tap root on kitchen towel & i pop them in my plugs do they need light before they sprout up or after i have green tips? Im getting so many conflicting messages. Keep them in dark put them under 18 hours light. Ive everything in my tent ready for them just dont want to risk damaging them by doing something wrong x

I wouldn't over complicate it. They should be covered a little bit. The medium should be damp. Spray the medium, if you think its drying out. Dry is about the worst thing for them at this stage of the game. Once they get going it's the opposite. It sounds like you did it right the first time, but the medium you used was wrong.

They need light, but certainly not strong light. They won't grow without it. If you think about it, why would they? I leave mine out on a sill that gets indirect sun. When its night its dark. Seems to work fine for me. If you don't have that kind of place, you can put them under your grow light (veg setting) 3 feet away. 18 hours won't hurt them. At some point they will like it.

I would strongly recommend that you keep a journal and include photos. You should write things down logically and sequentially. I guarantee you will forget something, if you don't. Check out the ones on here as a guide. If you have the time, I'd keep one on here. It's the easiest way to help you.

I wouldn't over complicate it. They should be covered a little bit. The medium should be damp. Spray the medium, if you think its drying out. Dry is about the worst thing for them at this stage of the game. Once they get going it's the opposite. It sounds like you did it right the first time, but the medium you used was wrong.

They need light, but certainly not strong light. They won't grow without it. If you think about it, why would they? I leave mine out on a sill that gets indirect sun. When its night its dark. Seems to work fine for me. If you don't have that kind of place, you can put them under your grow light (veg setting) 3 feet away. 18 hours won't hurt them. At some point they will like it.

I would strongly recommend that you keep a journal and include photos. You should write things down logically and sequentially. I guarantee you will forget something, if you don't. Check out the ones on here as a guide. If you have the time, I'd keep one on here. It's the easiest way to help you.
I have been writing everything down & taking pics at each step i am planning to type it up for myself when i have time thanks for the info

Well put Calvados.

Angel if your going to use plugs I would personally suggest against germinating them before you put them in. But that's my preference I don't like messing with them during that delicate time period.
I wont be messing with them a friend/grower is going to put them in the plugs and insruct me further as to what i need to be doing. Like i say first time nervous grower dont want to do anything wrong so im reading everything and getting all the advice i can as well as hands on from experienced growers. Im very gratefull for all the help.

Do a journal on here. Embarrass yourself and it will be just fine. We are all anxious morons when we start off. We all have our own reasons. I'm 61 and I enjoy getting high. It is easier to grow it myself then to deal with the criminal network that exists. The network is just fine, but I kind of like growing it. It's not hard. It's kind of fun.

To be fair i would probobly smoke it anyway but since it is the only thing i can function sort of normally with as a mum and it totaly controls my seizures thenthe medical benefit is priceless to me. I dont throw up, im not doubled in two with co codamol stomach pain, i have no seizures 10 months now and my spine pain is easier to manage while i do the mummy stuff. Im still in agony at night but then thats stop moving time kids in bed mummy on meds. I cant work so cant spend everything on my med but if i can grow it myself the savings will be spent on my family making up for all the times prescription drugs took me out of my family. And with my med we can go on holidays and really let loose.

Do a journal on here. Embarrass yourself and it will be just fine. We are all anxious morons when we start off. We all have our own reasons. I'm 61 and I enjoy getting high. It is easier to grow it myself then to deal with the criminal network that exists. The network is just fine, but I kind of like growing it. It's not hard. It's kind of fun.
My thoughts exactly

Back
Top Bottom