First Ever Indoor Grow & Journal 2012/2013 - White Widow x Big Bud 250w MH/HPS SCROG

Re: First Ever Indoor Grow & Journal 2012/2013 - White Widow x Big Bud 250w MH/HPS SC

hey zombie ninja, i think they might be from when i splashed the leaves when feeding them and the water drops caused hot spots and burnt the leaves but im just guessing tho but they seem to be doing alright, iv read dozens of picture tutorials of plant nute/def problems but a lot of them all look the same to me, my ph meter did finally arrive in the post but dosnt work so looks like im going have to invest in a decent one of them and that would probably narrow down any problems (if any) but like i said they seem to be doing ok il just keep and eye on them[/QUOTE

LOL I had a few water spots come up on my plants early on, kinda freaked me out too haha... I need to invest in a good pH meter myself, right now my budget is very limited, so I'm testing my runoff water with aquarium pH strips, it's better than nothing if you're in a pinch and at least give you some idea what's going on :) Lookin awesome tho man, keep em greeeen!!!! :peace:

Re: First Ever Indoor Grow & Journal 2012/2013 - White Widow x Big Bud 250w MH/HPS SC

its typical been growing outdoors for a few years and never had any problems with nute burn/deficincies or anything and summers are gettin to cold now so moved indoors and have problems straight away haha its all about learning tho , cant have everything 100% perfect all the time,
as long as the plants are still growing and get a decent yield and smoke at the end of it i spose a few spots here and there are nothing its a very hardy plant its just not nice seeing your plants with discoulouration haha i get to attached to my plants as if they were a family member hahaha

Nice setup my man, and a bigbud x is always gonna be a winner. I'm interested to see how you get on with the biobizz. A friend of mine swears by the whole range. I've yet to try a scrog, but I've been following an awesome v-scrog on here and thought of getting a small tent and start with something like you have going. I've started a coco grow from seed on what seems like pretty much the same day as you. I'd love to have one of those girls in my tent tho.:thumb:

thanks acorn, iv seen people getting 4-5 ounces with same size set up doing scrog, arnt sure if i will get that yeild as its my first indoor grow and first scrog and had a few problems earlier on that caused a bit of stunted growth but il be happy with whatever i yeild with it being my first try at it, we can only improve and learn more as time goes on. also as for bio bizz goes i think its brilliant as used it before on outdoor grows, my dad even uses it now on his hanging baskets and tomatoes haha, hes a keen gardener and wont use anything else since he used some of mine

i will definatly be putting some more pictures up in the week

so heres some pics, think they are 10 days in now il have to double check the calender iv been marking off, the leaves on the back left plant are going pale green and yellow since flipping to 12/12, the bottom right one is the same aswell but not as bad, really need to sort ph out but so busy with work and trying move out im struggling for time,, i have seen other journals where the leaves go yellow during flower but really arnt sure if its normal or not. heres the pictures anyway

DSC_05651.jpg

DSC_05661.jpg

DSC_0567.jpg

DSC_05941.jpg

DSC_0593.jpg

DSC_05811.jpg

DSC_05952.jpg

forgot to add, the temps are 77-82 (30-40rh) lights on and 63 (45rh) lights off

HI tommy,

1stly, your plants look very healthy, I wouldn't worry about the yellowing unless you suspect a deficiency, mag, cal, iron, boron. All yellow the leaves. Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial here for more info.
I believe any nitrogen lacking this short into flower is an issue to take on slowly, as too much nitrogen added once flowering has triggered can really stunt flower production. Just my 2 c

I'm worried though that you've not given the plants anywhere near enough time to fill your scrog. The plants will stretch into flower, but we rely on the veg stage to produce the abundance of plant material. ie. you will only have as many bud sites as you have flowering stems. I've re-vegged plants in the past after sexing with great results, it may be something to consider.
It's one of the reasons I've yet to scrog, the extra veg time after lots of topping for the plants to fill out.The other being the hand watering/movement issues. Like I say, I've yet to try this method. I'm just going on what I've learnt from how my plants have reacted and the abyssal info on :420:. You should check out Icemud's scrog for a reference. He's the daddy ;)

I really don't mean to rain on your parade, I just hope you get a crop worthy of the time and effort put in:circle-of-love:

hey acorn thanks for the reply, my original plan was to fill the whole screen but posted earlier on, im moving out soon and wont have time so iv had to put them into flower, shame really but theres always next time.

So sorry to hear that buddy. All your hard work...

i no yeh change of circumstances but its give me a good guide for next scrog and just going let them grow out now till there ready chop, il still keep updating. think a bigger tent is in order now anyway cos i will have the extra space so i better start planning haha and thanks for the info on nitrogen good bit of advice that is

so 23 days into flower and the smell is lovely when i get up close to them, glad the prima klima filter is doing its job (extremely well) the back left plant is still very pale and yellow apart new growth which is green then starts turning pale, havnt the foggiest what the problem is but dont really want go out and start spending more seen as tho im moving out and all, but the buds seem to be growing well and look healthy. in my eyes anyway, arnt really sure how big they should be at this stage but il post some pics up soon.

Also been upping the dosage of feed im on 2 1/2 ml per litre with 1 ml per litre of advanced , will be feeding tommorow and think im goin go to 3 - 4ml ,

Any input appreciated

hey thanks for checking this journal out, its my first indoor grow so wasnt to sure how it would turn out n shame i couldnt fill the screen but i no i wouldnt of got this far without this forum tho haha, just looked at your ghetto closet grow and uv got some nice lst going on there, i tryed it years back with outdoor plants n never turned back after i saw the results, had to change to indoor grows tho cos summers arnt hot enough here in uk and it effects the crop big time, good to have you on board anyway, got about 5 weeks or so left

hey thanks for checking this journal out, its my first indoor grow so wasnt to sure how it would turn out n shame i couldnt fill the screen but i no i wouldnt of got this far without this forum tho haha, just looked at your ghetto closet grow and uv got some nice lst going on there, i tryed it years back with outdoor plants n never turned back after i saw the results, had to change to indoor grows tho cos summers arnt hot enough here in uk and it effects the crop big time, good to have you on board anyway, got about 5 weeks or so left

tommyb88

First grow nice man! I'm digging the set up, Sucks that you're gunna have to take it all down. You planning on upgrading when you get situated at your new pad? Your girls are starting to fill out and are getting frosty!! Cant wait to see them in a couple weeks bro, Happy farming!

-CA215 :peace:

yes definatly getting a bigger tent going for the 1.2 x 1.2 x 2 size tent then either 400 or 600w light havnt quite decided on wattage yet tho then maybe keep this smaller tent for mother plants/clones etc.. thanks for having a look ca215

Always get the bigger one. Light and tent. it seems I am finally now happy with my room. I started in a tent nov 2011 now have a room with a lot of the bells and whistles. still looking for things to improve my garden.

sorry for ranting I am going to hang out and watch from here if you dont mind. How is the pale plant doing?

rant away my friend love hearing about peoples gardens (sometimes points you in the right direction) and definatly going with the 600w and use the tent iv got now with the 250w mh to start vegging while the plants in the big tent are in flower so iv got a contionous grow with no gaps inbetween, just got me self a heated propagator aswell for germinating and prob end up doing clones in it, best hobby iv ever started is indoor growing haha

oh yeh, the palish plant on the back left seems to be growing same rate as the others so trying not worry about it to much, think its 32 days in so il post sum pictures when it hits week five, also due for a feed today lights come on at 7 so going to do it then

Back
Top Bottom