First Ever Indoor Grow & Journal 2012/2013 - White Widow x Big Bud 250w MH/HPS SCROG

tommyb88

Right 420, this is my first grow journal, iv got quite a few succesfull outdoor grows under my belt and experimented indoors with cfl’s a few times but nothing major. Although this is only a small set up this is my first serious indoor grow so any help/criticism is welcome, and just let me no how you think im getting on,
Decided to do scrog to make the most out of the small space i have.

all details of grow are below and will try to update as often as possible,,, Enjoy

White Widow x Big Bud feminised from seed
Screen Of Green
Grow Qube 60cm x 60cm x 140cm
3 plants 25cm x 27cm pots
250w mh and 250w hps
Vent tt fan 187m3/h with prima klima carbon filter ( budget only allowed me this until i get rvk fan with rhino filter)
Bio Bizz all mix ,with coco and hydroten pebbles for airation and drainage.
Bio grow & Atami root-c & Bio bloom nutes with Liquid carbo load advanced nutes
osculating fan infront of intake hole
60x Microscope
Ph meter in the post
Veg time so far --- 21 days from germination
Height ---- Top left plant is 7”
Top right plant is 4 ½ “
Bottom right plant is 5 ½ “
Day Temps/rh --- 76 f – 85f 36% - 42%
Night Temps/rh ---- 62f – 68f 50% - 65%

Also put a calender up to mark off each day so i dont lose track of veg and flowering time. (also good to keep a record of Strain flowering times for future grows)

exhaust fan is running 24/7 , osculating fan on same time as lights,

The screen is just meshing cut to size with 2 pieces of wood woven through either sides, i did make a stand for it but with having a small grow space thought it would be easier this way and just use tie wraps to hold it into place on the tents frame.

Had a few problems at the begining which i think was ph and mag deficency, so i changed from using upstairs water out of the water tank (which i think caused the problem) and flushed with downstairs tap water which i no is sound as use this for outdoor grows and foliar fed with epsom salts and this seemed to do the trick but prob set me back a week or so as it looked like it stunted the growth a little, especially on the plant on the far right corner.(see pic)

Also got a bit of leaf curl from heat but hope this isnt a major problem, put a bowl of ice in there (see pic) which helped a little, also been putting ice cubes in and around the plants on the soil if it gets a bit hot in there, they seem to like the cold moisture as they evaporate.

Started of with bio grow ¼ strengh nutes then ½ strengh and so on with 1ml per litre of root-c, their having roughly about 3 litres each at the minute

Right thats it for now if you think iv missed anything or need to change anything please let me no and give me your advice/ask questions etc...
PICTURES BELOW.

100_38892.JPG

100_38931.JPG

might have to train the plants or raise the pots so they all reach the screen the same time
100_38972.JPG

100_38981.JPG

100_38992.JPG

100_38962.JPG

100_38952.JPG

100_38941.JPG

100_38881.JPG

100_38782.JPG

60x microscope with camera attachemnt so should be able take some decent pictures with it
100_38923.JPG

Thats it for now will update as often as possible but more so when i start training around the screen, just a matter of being patient now untill they reach the screen

Re: FIRST EVER INDOOR GROW & JOURNAL 2012/2013 — White Widow x Big Bud 250w mh/hps SC

dont no if any1's watching but a little update, iv tied the tops down to get more light to the side branches, hopefully this will help fill the screen quicker in the long run, never done scrog before so only time will tell.

DSC_05293.jpg

DSC_05302.jpg

DSC_05312.jpg

DSC_05321.jpg

DSC_05331.jpg

DSC_05351.jpg

DSC_05361.jpg

Re: FIRST EVER INDOOR GROW & JOURNAL 2012/2013 — White Widow x Big Bud 250w mh/hps SC

Looking Good Bro!

This will be a awesome SCROG grow.:thumb:

The young ladies are looking FINE!!!!!!!Also very nice and neat setup.:bravo:

Re: First Ever Indoor Grow & Journal 2012/2013 - White Widow x Big Bud 250w MH/HPS SC

thanks for taking a look every1, glad to have you on board

Re: First Ever Indoor Grow & Journal 2012/2013 - White Widow x Big Bud 250w MH/HPS SC

Tommy I'mma pull up a chair and join this one if you don't mind bro, I've got some ww beans on the way and I'm interested to see how they may turn out under a similar setup... lol currently I'm micro growing but things will be expanding soon! Healthy looking plants brother!!! +reps for greenery

Subscribed. I think you're right on with some early LST. It wil lengthen the time before they hit the SCROG but I think it will be more than worth it. I topped and FIM'd for my SCROG but no LST. Look forward to seeing how the grow goes with your SCROG + (early)LST.Good luck tommyb88!

thanks for all the replys, the screen was a little higher than i wanted so i could fit the fan under it but iv cut a square in the screen to fit around the fan so its at about 22cm from the pots now so should be scrogging them very soon as they are not far off from the screen, will post some pics up when theyv bushed out a bit more from the lst just so you can see how they are progessing , will probably be between christmas and new years as very busy the next few days

So looks like the lst payed off , started to fill the screen already, i think it looks a bit messy at the minute but i suppose it will look more uniform when there in 12/12 and undergrowth has been trimmed, what do you guys rekon on the trimming iv read to do it about 20 days into flower and iv also read to do it before i flip and i havnt got a clue which way to go?????
the plant on the top right has really slow growth and i imagine i wont get much of her unless i veg for longer but the way the other 2 are growing it looks like i wont be able to so im just going have to have the screen as a support but might be able get 1 or 2 side branches through, av see how that one goes tho.
Heres some pictures you can see where iv cut a square out of the screen, i moved the fan so i could get to the plants easier under the screen
iv also trimmed a few fan leaves that were covering side branches

DSC_05421.jpg

DSC_05413.jpg

DSC_05403.jpg

DSC_05391.jpg

HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GOOD CHRISTMAS!!!!!

So iv only gone and snapped my main stem on one of the plants when pulling it through the screen haha oh well no point winging about it , whats done is done. iv put some gaffa tape round her see if she heals, its been about 2 hour now and no signs of drooping, il leave it overnight see what shes like in the morning.

Let this be a lesson to people with heavy hands like me hahaha

Looks great so far :goodjob: Sorry to hear about the snap, hopefully she will recover. Kinda sounds like an accidental super crop :icon_cool:
Can't wait to see how this goes!

thanks brewloc, it was a pretty bad snap but seems to be doing alright with the gaffa tape haha

So heres an update, i have found a few brown spots on the leaves you might be able to help me with (see pics) also a pic of the stem i snapped.
Im moving house soon so i might have to put into flower as running out of time, its been about a month and half of veg and they are getting quite bushy now, was thinking about flipping them and then training any of the smaller branches that havnt reached the screen yet during the stretch and then trim any undergrowth.

heres some pics, please help with the brown spots.

DSC_05572.jpg

DSC_05561.jpg

DSC_0543.jpg

DSC_05581.jpg

update for any1 watching,
iv trimmed all the lower growth under the screen apart from a few branches on the bottom right lady as they arnt far of the screen and should reach it very soon as flipped to 12/12 and seem a waste to chop them when so close to the screen,,
the one which had stunted growth on the top right is looking pretty sorry for itself with the one cola haha shame really but cant dwell on it
there all looking pretty bare at the minute but iv trusted what all the scrog guides say and trimmed the lot, now for the exiting part will post pics soon

thanks mate

ps @coal cracker, going have to get my self a spider haha cool as fuck mate

hey zombie ninja, i think they might be from when i splashed the leaves when feeding them and the water drops caused hot spots and burnt the leaves but im just guessing tho but they seem to be doing alright, iv read dozens of picture tutorials of plant nute/def problems but a lot of them all look the same to me, my ph meter did finally arrive in the post but dosnt work so looks like im going have to invest in a decent one of them and that would probably narrow down any problems (if any) but like i said they seem to be doing ok il just keep and eye on them

also havnt had time to read through your journal yet but will do soon, plants looking good from what iv scanned through

Back
Top Bottom