First Ever Indoor Grow: Moved Pots From Outdoors To In

Gree N

I had some plants going in the yard, just a casual grower trying to get a little perso yah no.
Ended up getting some kickass plants from bagseed unkown origin, sex'd 6 females had them in the yard got a big forest out the back. Came back from holiday and my housemate had skimped on the water and they looked so unhealthy all drooped over, at this stage they had only been into flower for about 4 weeks *date 02/02/17* once id returned from holiday (3 week holiday).
I brought them back too life and 3 of the 6 turned into hermi's I was so shattered, I pulled up two 6 footer hermi's and left a smaller one hidden and away from 3 remaining females.

About 2 weeks ago *12/3/17* I busted someone searching for my plants with a flashlight (a nosy neighbour who had noticed me due to my complacency when trudging off into the rainforest not giving a fuck). I ran down with my dog on the lead and they bolted, I wish I knew which neighbour it was!! So I hastily grabbed my last two big females in pots and threw them inside, third fem is in the ground and hasnt been discovered yet although stunted from the shock of almost dying

At this point I'm tired of losing plants outside because the place is getting more residential so I decided to build a grow room it measured 1800Lx2200Wx1100H (6x7x3.5) (total prick trying to navigate through a 1m high cealing in 6x7 room but I do what i gotta do.
I have 4 tubes 36w t5 flouro's at 3000k, 5 24w CFL at 3000k and two 17w LED's the lightbulb type warm white and its all dangling from the ceiling in a massive diy mess haha, I have tried to put as little effort and do things as cheap as possible, it has still been quite alot of effort and I've spent a bit of coin on light fittings and bulbs from home depot. Ive done it all as cheap as possible as I'm holding out for my order of LED COB's and drivers which are still four weeks away.
The walls of the room are all painted white and the floor is large rocks, sand and dirt which is still being dug deeper :eek: .

The two plants are actually looking pretty nice one looks like its stuck inbetween veg and flower and it just keeps growing, It was about 6 foot high so I have had to dig the pot into the ground and train the plant to climb across the room and it almost spans the full 1800, the other fem was abit further into flower when I rescued her so she has just started filling is this last week after I finally got a temp lightsource going for them.

I have setup an automatic watering system and have the lights and extra fans on timer (one exhaust fan going 24/7 as its a small cramped area. Im away from 2-5 days at a time for work.

These photo's are from 5 days ago when I finally got the lights just put in. Since then I have been researching alot and I am now adjusting water PH and using R/O water from the aircon, using nutes for flowering canabis and playing with the lights adjusting them closer and the plants have bounced back alot since these photo's.
image41055.JPG
image38044.JPG

-Gree N

I was think I would get atleast a pound if they had of kept growing outdoor, now who knows...
Well i have started 5 more from random bag seed to experiment :trance:

I tested the PH of the soil for a first, came out at 5-6 so I put some dolomite lime onto it was the right :eek:
I also stopped using tap water and now use the water from an aircon that comes out at 7.5-8ph and im bringing the ph down too 6-6.5 then letting it get too room temp before using would that be good for the plants?

The room I have setup for the grow was previously inhabited by spiders and I didnt think to insect bomb the area.... I've noticed two small jumping spiders so I sprayed them with some pest oil, do you think this will be ok? I had some lying around I've already used on outdoor plants and says its ok for tomatoes ;) Gave the plants a light spray and heavily coated the floor, walls, ceiling and lights too haha pretty much coated the entire room.

I have 5x clu3 55w-36v citizen cobs and I could not work out the correct driver to run all 5 so I just bought indivual drivers at 50w-36v @ 2700k, does anybody know if I can wire them all too one dimmer switch? I also bought 2 chinese 100w cool day-light cob's that came with drivers for $20 each just to fill the spectrum in and help in vegging new plants.
I was thinking of running 12/12 from seed for some new plants and force them to flower because of the limited headroom (3.5ft - 1.5ft for cob clearance so Im only left with 2ft plants right?)
Im away until tomorrow so wont see them for 48 hours but have set up an automatic drip system too water them for half hour each day while i'm gone to try get this PH right.

Got back today and everything is looking pretty good!! I wish I had the cob's though because these girls are looking promising.

The one further along on flower is starting to fill out nicely and the bigger one really took well to having all its leaves stripped back.

I'm going to try lie the pots on the sides tomorrow and put up a few string lines to tie everything down to an even canopy. A cushion and a cry will definitely be needed halfway through.

Have a few random bag seed seedlings on the way and going to try run them 12/12 through veg to keep them short.
420-magazine-mobile1321376482.jpg
one of two main cola's tied back
420-magazine-mobile1121545945.jpg
420-magazine-mobile807251623.jpg
420-magazine-mobile987397546.jpg
this girl is touching the lights and seems to like it :eek:
420-magazine-mobile711482969.jpg
canopy under shot
420-magazine-mobile2124625113.jpg
smaller girl starting to bulk up a bit finally
420-magazine-mobile1872298383.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1569335046.jpg

I think you'll be fine. CFL's aren't really an efficient lighting choice for anything other than small grows but just work with what you've got and you'll learn from it. I grow plenty of pure sativas and they do just fine. They do like a lot of light.

I think you'll be fine. CFL's aren't really an efficient lighting choice for anything other than small grows but just work with what you've got and you'll learn from it. I just had to get out of that thread because there's no point getting into long and completely pointless arguments with someone who is obsessed with being 'right'. I grow plenty of pure sativas and they do just fine. They do like a lot of light.

Yeah I wish I could have kept them outside for their life, I've had a lot of experience growing outdoors and the bigger one was looking like a pound plant easily (hence why the neighbour wanted to steal it).
These 18w Phillips led bulbs are apparently equivalent too a 180w halogen which is pretty damn bright and is very new technology, although they are $20 each compared to $4 24w cfl... I have 3 of the led's now and 4 cfl's evenly spread. It's amazing to see how the same plant reaches for the LEDs opposed to the cfl and T5's.
I cannot wait for these cob's too arrive lol.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I rearranged the lighting to be a bit more efficient and have supercropper the girl on the right for the second time now, I have done a few outdoor grows but it was always so hard to do any real training on the plants this is one thing I am loving about indoor growing is spending quality time with the girls haha, spent about 2 hours pruning every leaf that isn't coming directly from a budsite, also have made a makeshift net to tie everything down too an even canopy, just letting the girl on her left go free and do her thing. I'm happy with both of them and hanging out for my COB's to come in the mail
420-magazine-mobile2018939632.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1475868405.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1461809593.jpg
420-magazine-mobile201039680.jpg

Looks cool in there. You can scratch the days of flowering on the wall, with a nail, like a POW. In general sativas don't like defoliation and heavy pruning and it slows them right down. But that can be a good thing obviously at times- and in your case it probably makes a lot of sense. You'll probably want to avoid it later in flowering once they're just building buds and not stretching anymore.

Looks cool in there. You can scratch the days of flowering on the wall, with a nail, like a POW. In general sativas don't like defoliation and heavy pruning and it slows them right down. But that can be a good thing obviously at times- and in your case it probably makes a lot of sense. You'll probably want to avoid it later in flowering once they're just building buds and not stretching anymore.

She's a healthy girl and I felt she could handle it, and could she ever! She's bounced back throwing budsite's everywhere!!! My goal is too get as much light to those bud sites as I can :) I have read up quite a bit on this and definitely glad I tried it on her. I also pruned off any lower branches that did not reach too the canopy and going for a second attempt at cloning. Used some rootx gel and stuck them into some rock wool in a eskybox just slightly opened for ventilation, 2-3 days and I should see roots yes? Just been doing a little mist every4-6 hours.

It takes usually a couple weeks to get cuttings to root. Sometimes less sometimes more.
The most important factors are moisture level and temps. Temp of the rockwool should be around 75° Nice to have some warmth under them like a seedling heating pad. Too hot or too cold and they won't root.
And try to keep the cubes quite light. If they're soaked all the time the cuttings usually rot. Roots always do best in a place that's just on the dry side of 'moist'. And they don't need a lot of light. A small cfl is fine.

It takes usually a couple weeks to get cuttings to root. Sometimes less sometimes more.
The most important factors are moisture level and temps. Temp of the rockwool should be around 75° Nice to have some warmth under them like a seedling heating pad. Too hot or too cold and they won't root.
And try to keep the cubes quite light. If they're soaked all the time the cuttings usually rot. Roots always do best in a place that's just on the dry side of 'moist'. And they don't need a lot of light. A small cfl is fine.

Oh really? When do you put light onto the clones I always thought they were to be kept in darkness?

No. I think I read once of someone rooting them in darkness- but absolutely not the norm. Keep a cfl above them. Watch the moisture and temps and it will work out.
If you check this link -it's a wealth of info on all sorts of basic growing questions. How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know
You'll find answers to lots of your questions.

I'm doing the best I can for these girls until my Chinese cobs get here lol, It's my first but definitely not last indoor grow so I am learning and experimenting a lot which is fun
420-magazine-mobile1834608934.jpg
420-magazine-mobile177840898.jpg
420-magazine-mobile776262382.jpg
is she looking any good?? getting close??? Maybe a few weeks hopefully the buds will fatten up?????? Lol I wish the grow room had a fast forward button so curious to see what happens next.
420-magazine-mobile1309985788.jpg
420-magazine-mobile912951183.jpg
420-magazine-mobile71903399.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1096208180.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2044832973.jpg

Lookin good man! Love that under the house feeling. Lightbulbs everywhere, its like xmas!! Cant wait to see how you finish out.

Thanks man, I can't wait to see how they finish out too lol

getting close??? Maybe a few weeks hopefully the buds will fatten up??????

Geez now I feel like the one raining on your parade- but I thought you knew this already. Your plant looks, to my eye, like a long flowering sativa. My guess is - at the extreme bare minimum, it would take three months flowering, but four months is more realistic. These tropical sativas tend to grow very tall and lanky, with wispy buds. That Goonzo guy has a point too about the lighting- they tend to love as much light as possible- though that doesn't mean your wasting your time- or that you can't flower them on less. Sometimes the buds can get fairly big, in a fluffy sort of way, but in general they don't get dense.
Don't be surprised if it doesn't fatten up, and if it takes forever.
The smoke from sativas is far better than Indicas, in my opinion. But everyone has their different preferences

Geez now I feel like the one raining on your parade- but I thought you knew this already. Your plant looks, to my eye, like a long flowering sativa. My guess is - at the extreme bare minimum, it would take three months flowering, but four months is more realistic. These tropical sativas tend to grow very tall and lanky, with wispy buds. That Goonzo guy has a point too about the lighting- they tend to love as much light as possible- though that doesn't mean your wasting your time- or that you can't flower them on less. Sometimes the buds can get fairly big, in a fluffy sort of way, but in generally they don't get dense.
Don't be surprised if it doesn't fatten up, and if it takes forever.
The smoke from sativas is far better than Indicas, in my opinion. But everyone has their different preferences

If that's the case couldn't he LST the colas?

Back
Top Bottom