First frost is this helpful or not to plants

Diy1986

So I’ve been looking into this!
some people say leave them for the first or second frost makes plants better!
some say it’s bad what your opinion?? Should I harvest or let them go a bit longer looking to get some amber before harvest if possible I pulled one already with no amber only milky trichromes so I’m trying to get harvest at different stages to see what’s the big difference so I can learn

Attachments

• 11BBDF01-6C34-4EC2-9EAC-A5E9EE824D9F.jpeg
    11BBDF01-6C34-4EC2-9EAC-A5E9EE824D9F.jpeg
    983.5 KB · Views: 45
  • C9809A7B-AD1C-4120-9A79-E97BC44F54ED.jpeg
    C9809A7B-AD1C-4120-9A79-E97BC44F54ED.jpeg
    797.3 KB · Views: 34
I think cool nights may push them but to risk frost knowing it is coming is a poor strategy. I would at all costs try to shelter them somehow. Garbage bag, tarp, leaf bag, cardboard box, shower curtain...anything is worth trying imo. I have seen my potted flowers turn to slime after a touch of frost.

Edited spelling and I have done no research, good luck!

some say frost will force more energy to buds, the plant will do this as a defense (i have no clue if true). my experience i've never had plant make it past 3rd frost , I couldn't tell difference when smoking weed that been in frost and not, so not much help to you mate.
maryjane 061.jpg

Most of the time the first and second frost is followed by a week, maybe more of warm & pleasant days.

I have only one year's experience of growing Marijuana through the fall until the start of a real winter. Plants survived several frosts and some snow. Also survived cloudy days.

Harvested the plants and left some leaves and buds on them to see what it took to kill them. They did not survive a stretch of over 48 hours where the daytime highs stayed at 25 or lower and nighttime lows were low 20s or colder.

I did a photo essay on what happened and what I saw.

I think cool nights may push them but to risk frost knowing it is coming is a poor strategy. I would at all costs try to shelter them somehow. Garbage bag, tarp, leaf bag, cardboard box, shower curtain...anything is worth trying imo. I have seen my potted flowers turn to slime after a touch of frost.

Edited spelling and I have done no research, good luck!

Too late to edit my post, but just came across this and wanted to say, NOT plastic. Herby Paisley & I have similar climates, I prepped for frost last night and he mentioned this in another thread.

No don't use anything plastic against the plant it won't allow the moister to escape the leaves of the plant causing it to freeze inside the bag and then your plant if not caught in time. Cloth, paper or burlap, covering allows the moister to escape well keeping the plant sheltered and warmer inside. what damages your plant with frost is the frost sitting on the leaves and stems of your plant. By creating a barrier for the plant to keep that damp cold air moister away from touching them they should stay safe and undamaged, but the material has to be breathable to the plant to stay alive. :)

Back
Top Bottom