First Grow - 1200W LED - FFOF - Clementine Kush

The girls are looking great! BD #1 is looking great and bounced back after the ph issue. It's always a nice pat on the back when you can see, identify and correct a problem as you're grow moves along. :welldone:

As for the extended dark period goes... I too run 24/0 in veg and have done the flip with and without the extended dark on the first day. On my current grow I did the extended period on my first plant (Tangie), I also added 1/4 strength feed of GH KoolBloom 2-45-28 and I started seeing new pistils in the first week!
My second plant (Sour Diesel) went in two weeks later and I did not do the extended period and also didn't add the 1/4 feed of KoolBloom. It has been two weeks since the flip for SD and I'm still not seeing any new pistils.
Obviously with 2 dif strains and doing 2 dif things to each it is hard to tell which had the most effect in the first weeks of flower. I would love to do a more controlled experiment to see.. maybe down the line.

Any way, can't wait to see some buds on your girls:high-five:

Soooooo Bad News everyone....

CK #6 is a boy
IMG_20170803_232529.jpg

IMG_20170803_232429.jpg
IMG_20170803_231947.jpg

Yeah, so those are all from CK #6 and it's clones, as you can see, several bunches of little grape patches popped up when I checked on them today. So 5 of the 6 Seeds germinated from my Colorado Seed Inc pack were boys. Definitely a disappointed, I'll be sure to use only Fem seeds in the future. Lesson learned.

On to the good news. CK #5 is a GIRL!!!!!
IMG_20170803_231915.jpg

You can see the little pistil in the photo :) several other branches are also showing their pistils, so I guess there was a silver lining today.

All together, we have

CK #5
CK #5 Clone
BD #1
BD #1 Clone

BD has not shown sex yet, however it seems to be a girl from the pre-flower shape, I'll be watching it. All the girls were switched to Flower Nutrients today.

Cultured Solutions Bloom A 5ml per gallon
Cultured Solutions Bloom B 5ml per gallon
Cultured Solutions Bloom Booster "Early Flower" 4ml per gallon
Mammoth P 1ml per gallon
GH Diamond Nectar 5ml per gallon
Cal Mag 5ml per gallon
GH Armor Si 4ml per gallon

Currently CK #5 is drinking about 1 1/2 gallons of water every 4 days
BD #1 is drinking 1 gallon every 4 days
Both clones are drinking about 3/4 gallon every 4 days

I went ahead and did the 1 week Flower prune as per the directions in the Manifold guide. Only removing Fan leaves on the lower 2/3 of the plants for greater light penetration, and to make the plant focus strictly on new growth, and bud production. The nutrients and suppliments I'm feeding are also loaded heavy with Phosphorus, as to boost bud growth.

On the sunnier side of things(Pun intended) The girls love the Cob lights and respond very well to them. Only 1 downside so far, If you have an uneven canopy, such as I do now, The girls on the shorter side do not benefit strongly unless put on buckets, or totes, etc. COB lights need to be 18-24 inches away for the highest PPFD of around 950+ further away the intensity isn't nearly as strong, but still does well, so the clones are now on an extra chair I had laying around.

My journal seems to be very word heavy with me talking alot, would ya'll prefer I just post updates, and only expand on subjects that ya'll want to know?

Bummer about CK#6, any thought about separating from your grow and harvesting some pollen?

I say post what you want, It will serve as a good guide for things that worked and things that didn't.

Jay, nah I don't want to mess with breeding or pollen or any of that. That's hundreds of well bred seeds out there already, and I'm ready to try a different strain.

My next grow I lined up 8 Fem seeds. Genetics are the Famous Shoreline x Girl Scout Cookies. Some of the older stoners here will most likely know what shoreline is, but its extremely difficult to get ahold of. A buddy of mine had his Girl Scout Cookies Herm on him and it pollinated his original shoreline. He's been growing it for 30 years or something crazy like that. So I'm pretty stoked to be trying that out.

Honestly, I'm pretty unhappy with the fact that 5 seeds were boys, so I'm ready to just start my next grow. Hopefully I'll have some awesome folks like y'all around.

Thanks PW, the stretch has been insane, not sure if you've been keeping up with height, but #5 is officially 33 inches today, it's grown 10 inches in 7 days. So pretty explosive growth.

Pistils have popped out on almost all the bud sites on #5

BD is taking awhile to show sex still, preflowers look like girls but I'm not holding my breath after so many set backs.

I'll be increasing phosphate intake next feeding with GH Koolbloom in addition to everything else being fed.

Yeah I feel you on the breading, I go back and forth about wanting to if I end up with a male.

Never heard of Shoreline before, looked it up and sounds like a great strain and crossed with GSC cant go wrong there! I'll be keeping my eyes open for that grow for sure!

Thanks Jay, Leafly, and Dutch masters have their own named variants. However the original was an OG Super Skunk from back in the day. It originally showed up at a grateful dead concert in one of the southern states and moved northwards over time.

Thanks for following the Journal Jay, I didn't think I'd have anyone to share this awesome journey with.

Leafly is absolutely, positively, wrong. The "Shoreline" clone was named for the Mountainview, CA amphitheater where The Dead played-not Texas. Fucking Leafly, they're correct 40% of the time, 100% of the time L.L

NOTE: There isn't even a music venue where The Dead played, in Shoreline, TX. ..

BD #1 clone is gone. It Hermed out. I'm watching flowers on BD #1 closely now. I definitely see girl flowers, but it also looks like pollen sacs up top on the new growth.

I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days.

Overall very discouraging the amount of males I ended up with.

Considering doing a SoG for my remaining "regular" seeds and do a quick flowering.

Definitely frustrated.

BD #1 clone is gone. It Hermed out. I'm watching flowers on BD #1 closely now. I definitely see girl flowers, but it also looks like pollen sacs up top on the new growth.

I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days.

Overall very discouraging the amount of males I ended up with.

Considering doing a SoG for my remaining "regular" seeds and do a quick flowering.

Definitely frustrated.

Wow man that is rough! Sure hope you have better luck with the rest of your seeds.

I'm just going to focus in CK #5.

It's day 13 of flower.

She's currently at 39 inches tall from soil. The stretch has been absolutely huge. I'm really hoping she stops soon. My light is raised to the top of the tent and cannot go any further. She is currently 26 inches from the COB lights.

On the positive side, budlets are already starting to form on the top of the main colas. All budspots are showing pistils for a few days now. From what I read, and based on Clementine Kush is supposed to be a 9 week plant, I'd say they have come extremely early, by at least 7-10 days early.

My only guess is the large amount of phosphorus along with the Mammoth P has something to do with this.

New colas sprouting from the main colas are between 6 inches - 15 inches. I'll most likely be trimming them off in the next day as Manifold only wants main colas to the best of my knowledge.

Any input Jay, or Pennywise?

Sounds like CK#5 is doing awesome! If you want to do some trimming now is the time, I try not to do any major leaf or bud site removal after 2-3 weeks into flower. I just had to at 4 weeks due to WPM on a few lower leaves and I def saw a slow in pistil output for 3-4 days.

One thing I do to help me decide if it stays or goes is to actually look up at the leaves from down low, so you are looking up through the canopy. If the leaves or bud sites are not glowing green from direct light or are heavily shadowed I either remove them or some leaves above that are blocking the light. I think when it comes to how far down from the top of the canopy you want to remove bud sites is really up to you and your set up. With mine I go about 5 inches down, my canopy is kind of dense so I don't get a lot of light making its way through and from the sides.

Not really a direct answer but with growing it hardly ever is lol

Back
Top Bottom