420 Magazine Background

First Grow 2 White Widow 1 Mama Mia Indoor Soil 2 1000 LED 2018

volksball

InTheShed

Member of the Year: 2018 - Member of the Month: Jan 2018, Nov 2018 - Grow Journal of the Month: Aug 2018 - Plant of the Month: Oct 2018
Is week 7 something like 2 teaspoons of Grow Big and 2 teaspoons of Tiger Bloom? I'm asking because the leaves are so green that I'm a bit concerned about still having that much nitrogen going into flower.

I used to follow their schedule (I have BB, GB, TB, and Open Sesame) but I stopped the Open Sesame and use a much lower dose than they recommend.

Mushie1005

Is week 7 something like 2 teaspoons of Grow Big and 2 teaspoons of Tiger Bloom? I'm asking because the leaves are so green that I'm a bit concerned about still having that much nitrogen going into flower.

I used to follow their schedule (I have BB, GB, TB, and Open Sesame) but I stopped the Open Sesame and use a much lower dose than they recommend.
It is 3 big bloom 2 grow big and 2 tiger bloom. They have the same for week 8 but week 9 they cut the grow big down to 1. Then in week 10 it is cut out all together. Should I be doing something different? I am giving them full strength nutrients and they are loving it I have been for many weeks now.

volksball

Interesting. Should I be lowering the dosage of my veg nutes before flower? I never knew that. I'm going into flower in a week or so...

InTheShed

Member of the Year: 2018 - Member of the Month: Jan 2018, Nov 2018 - Grow Journal of the Month: Aug 2018 - Plant of the Month: Oct 2018
Not before flower, but over the two weeks after flower. I'd be done with veg nutes completely before the end of stretch. I mentioned it to Mushie because of the color of the leaves. If this were mine I would make that transition off Grow Big much faster.

volksball

Not before flower, but over the two weeks after flower. I'd be done with veg nutes completely before the end of stretch. I mentioned it to Mushie because of the color of the leaves. If this were mine I would make that transition off Grow Big much faster.
Oh ok. So you're saying phase out veg nutes over the first two weeks of flower. So start 50/50, then slowly lean towards bloom nutes? You read so many different ideas.

Mushie1005

So you don't think I should put any grow big in next week's feed then?

InTheShed

You read so many different ideas.
And you will. Some things are done by feel and eye and some have hard science to back them up. I go by feel on this and my recommendation to Mushie was based on my eye. Plants don't need a lot of nitrogen in flower so I start backing that down when I see pistils.
So you don't think I should put any grow big in next week's feed then?
Depending on how often they need water will change how you ramp the transition so it's hard to say. If I was at 2tsp/2tsp (which is way higher than I'd go!) I would go 2.5/1.5 and then 3/1 and then 4/0. If they're drinking every few days you can make the transition slower.

Like I said, it's not a hard and fast rule to transition sooner, but to my eye those leaves are a pretty dark green which had me concerned. Might be nothing, but I don't think it's going to do any harm. I'm sure there's plenty of N left in the soil at those doses.

Mushie1005

Nice and healthy looking. I too find my flowers don't have the smell I was expecting but bud density and appearance is all good. I guess just because it doesn't stink doesn't mean it's less in quality. The stronger odor may be yet to come?
Thank you. I sure hope the smell comes later with the white widow.

InTheShed

InTheShed

InTheShed

Top Bottom