First Grow - 2 x Guerilla Glue & 2 x Sour Diesel - DWC

Haven't posted in a while because nothing much has been happening. I made a screen out of pvc and cotton string, and I've been using screening + rotating to bush the plants out as much as possible. This experience has made me realize that I would prefer to use seeds in the future, or smaller clones, as these had already stretched so much when I received them that it has been difficult to train them outward, and I certainly should have began sooner.

Today was the first time I've watered in around 2 weeks, the reservoirs were beginning to get a little low, but nothing serious. A gallon or two short. EC reading was still fairly high so rather than re-up nutrients I mixed the existing water with nutrient-free and pH balanced water, average EC between the plants is now 2.3. Everything seems healthy, lighting schedule has switched to 12/12, and the plants are becoming pungent. Not really weed like, but I imagine that comes later when flower actually develops.

There was a cause for concern, however. Well, possibly. All of the air hoses inside of the reservoirs had a bit of slimy buildup on them, one even had what looked like some white fuzz, something sort of like mold in appearance. However the water is clear, there is no slimy texture to the water or anything on the surface, and there was no smell. Roots have nothing on them. Pictures of the roots below. I've concluded that this might be buildup of nutrients from mixing the solution too strong early on, hopefully, or some foreign life form that needs to be exterminated using extreme prejudice. In case of the latter, I must also assume light is somehow getting into my reservoirs. So far I have remedied this by removing and cleaning the hoses, wiping down any extra "powder" inside of the res with a clean paper towel, and adding 3% hydrogen peroxide to each res, which I will do again in three days and perhaps make a routine out of.

Any suggestions?
20161128_094855.jpg
20161128_094915.jpg
20161128_094934.jpg
20161128_100801.jpg
20161128_100814.jpg
20161128_100832.jpg
20161128_101933.jpg
20161128_101938.jpg
20161128_101949.jpg

The screen has been removed because one of the clones is stretching more quickly than the others, and I cannot bush it out any more due to space requirements. So the screen was removed. In the future I'll consider using screens again but probably just going to just use LST whenever possible. EC has lowered to 2.0 on all plants, I watered today but did not feed. Will likely feed again next week.

The most interesting part of today's post is the lollipopping I did. Yesterday, I took off about the bottom 1/3rd, maybe a little less from each plant, and some out of place fan leaves that decided they were going to try to invade the personal space of the other girls. Today there are no signs of slowing growth, little flowers are beginning to pop up everywhere, so I assume I've done everything correctly. I'll continue to lollipop as necessary through flowering.

Finally, there was no algae. The buildup is most definitely just evaporated nutrients, I think I recall something about evaporating salts in chemistry :hmmmm: Regardless I've continued to apply to hydrogen peroxide 3% when watering. The water is crystal clear and the roots look happy and healthy.

edit: Oh yes, one more thing. Definitely going BIGGER next grow, the space limitations are starting to suck. These girls want to be bigger, but they're reaching the limits of the tent. Next time, we make sure space isn't a limitation.

20161205_145658.jpg
20161205_145704.jpg
20161205_145719.jpg
20161205_145748.jpg

These girls are crazy stable, haven't had to do much to them in a long time, is this normal? Haven't fed since the last time I mentioned feeding on here, just adding water and some h202. The EC and PPM are still within a safe range, and I don't want to risk a chemical burn.. Currently the plan is to completely change out the water and clean the buckets soon , as soon as I can get some help :p In the future definitely using a separate reservoir.

Flowering is going wonderfully, given I've never seen immature flowers before, but everything appears to be in order. Still just really surprised by how stable they are. I feel like growing shouldn't be this easy, but hey, maybe it really isn't bad once you start figuring it out ;)

20161221_124012.jpg
20161221_124020.jpg
20161221_124031.jpg

The screen has been removed because one of the clones is stretching more quickly than the others, and I cannot bush it out any more due to space requirements. So the screen was removed. In the future I'll consider using screens again but probably just going to just use LST whenever possible. EC has lowered to 2.0 on all plants, I watered today but did not feed. Will likely feed again next week.

The most interesting part of today's post is the lollipopping I did. Yesterday, I took off about the bottom 1/3rd, maybe a little less from each plant, and some out of place fan leaves that decided they were going to try to invade the personal space of the other girls. Today there are no signs of slowing growth, little flowers are beginning to pop up everywhere, so I assume I've done everything correctly. I'll continue to lollipop as necessary through flowering.

Finally, there was no algae. The buildup is most definitely just evaporated nutrients, I think I recall something about evaporating salts in chemistry :hmmmm: Regardless I've continued to apply to hydrogen peroxide 3% when watering. The water is crystal clear and the roots look happy and healthy.

edit: Oh yes, one more thing. Definitely going BIGGER next grow, the space limitations are starting to suck. These girls want to be bigger, but they're reaching the limits of the tent. Next time, we make sure space isn't a limitation.

20161205_145658.jpg
20161205_145704.jpg
20161205_145719.jpg
20161205_145748.jpg

Sooooo healthy looks amazing man cheers!!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hey guys, I'm not dead yet! I have to apologize for the lack of updates, I've been having a lot of family issues in the past weeks, in short my mother is losing her mind due to prexisting conditions that have been aggravated by physical trauma..so I've been forced to move at a moments notice and as a result I've had very little free time and no computer access.

Anyway, moving on, I don't have a ton of pics but I think the ones I do have will get the point across.

Shout out to habitual, would've killed them all if not for your coming to the rescue. Thanks for all the help bus.

The plants are nearing harvest. One of the gorilla glues has outgrown the rest of the plants by far, and the other was stunted because of the shadow the first gorilla glue was casting. Eventually I fixed this by trimming some unfavorable branches/leaves and rearrangement, but the second gorilla glue lost its chance at competing with the first. The second gorilla glue is currently tied up as she got so heavy she began to fall over, and I assume I will need to harvest her a couple weeks later than the other GG4 and the Sour Diesel.

The Sour Diesel is much smaller than the GG4 but it is every bit as dank. I figure this is a little bit sativa vs indica and a lot a bit my fault for training it poorly early on.

Overall.. this grow has gone better than expected. I can't wait for it to be over so I can start another, is this how I end up gettng into farming? Lol, I've always wanted to be a farmer anyway. Next time there won't be mistakes. Not the same ones anyway.

I only have a few pics as I don't have PC access, but they get the point across.
They're all of the bigger GG4.

Jk. Apparently I can't access my gallery from the mobile app. Will upload from desktop site right now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Sometimes the hands off approach is the best! I Learned quick that I was the one letting in too much light by looking at the roots too often thinking I had root rot when I didn't but was slowly causing it! All part of being a new grower I think

Many clouds of Smoke all,.
Tanyeast
WR420
Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Sometimes the hands off approach is the best! I Learned quick that I was the one letting in too much light by looking at the roots too often thinking I had root rot when I didn't but was slowly causing it! All part of being a new grower I think

Many clouds of Smoke all,.
Tanyeast
WR420
Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Yup! It's very easy to give the plants more than enough attention, and like our children, we shouldn't smother our babies if we don't want to hurt them.

Can't wait for harvest! It's getting harder and harder to wait.

Sent from my SM-G920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

In need of an update livepure!

Fiiineeeee, I was going to wait until the cure is completely finished, but since you asked :cheer:

Harvest went quite well, the Sour Diesel was a tiny bit early but I had to move my tent yesterday so it had to be pulled.

Drying took about 3 days, I wish I could have made it take longer but I didn't have a space as well prepared as I would have liked, with humidity control, etc.

Curing is going well, no signs of mold, the Sour Diesel appears to be stabilizing rapidly (smaller nugs is my guess) while the gorilla glue is taking a bit longer to stabilize. Curing in mason jars in a dark closet, using a hygrometer.

Here's some pics.

The Sour Diesel, post trim pre cure
20170130_180506.jpg

The Sour Diesel, during cure and average nug size.
20170203_093810.jpg
20170203_093840.jpg

The Gorilla Glue, during cure and average nug size.
20170203_093354.jpg
20170203_093453.jpg
20170203_093615.jpg

Tbh, I'm incredibly surprised by the high grade and potency of this stuff. I'm tempted to get some of it lab tested, just out of curiosity. It's better than any home grown I've had in my area, and better than a lot of clinic stuff. Can't wait for a few weeks of curing to take its toll. My conclusion on hydro? A+ method, can produce some monster plants and some high quality bud. As is commonly known, it can be kind of tough for beginners, but now that I have an understanding of how it works from start to finish, I feel that I could easily automate a system a start producing dank quite easily. But that's for another grow.

I'm still doing some research but you guys should hear from me again soon, I'll be starting my next grow shortly. This one will be an "orgy" of various southern California bagseed. This next grow will be entirely for personal use and to allow me to begin experimenting with breeding methods and genetics, as well as quick, mass soil growing for the purpose of pheno hunting. I'm also going to experiment with vertical training. Stay tuned! :thumb:

Thank you to everyone who contributed knowledge, particularly hab, couldn't have done it without! Thanks guys, an awesome community we have here!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom