First Grow - 400W HID

Grant1153

Hello everyone!! this is my very first grow ever, Any help and suggestions and or advice or anything of the sort is encouraged and welcomed. I live in California and this is going to be a closet grow.

The strains are Crimea blue and White Island both I received from barneysfarmshop.com. I'm growing 3 of the Crimea blue and 1 White Island. The grow medium is mendo mix soil, I'm also currently using 3 (the larger bulbs) 65w CFL and 5 13w CFL spread around and there is also a t8 ballast with 4 32w t8 bulbs, there will be plenty of pictures very often. The plants also will be moving under a 400w mh bulb very soon and an hps for flower, I am just waiting for it to come in the mail. The nutrients being used

Cutting edge solutions 's
"grow" 2-1-6
"Bloom"0-6-5

The plants are already in veg there planted August 26 and I'm pretty sure that makes them 26 days old today. So we will just call it day 26

If there's anything I left out that you'd like to know feel free to ask, I hope to get as much feedback as possible, oh I almost forget, some of the plants as you're about to see are being low stress trained, 2 to be exact, one plant (the one named blue lady) is growing naturally, and one I topped today (the one named blue) I have also recent defoliated all of them.

420-magazine-mobile69746189.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1964263820.jpg

420-magazine-mobile504802990.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1808602400.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1677500861.jpg

420-magazine-mobile239749955.jpg

Blue: (Crimea blue) the one that was topped today

420-magazine-mobile450134132.jpg

Blue lady: (Crimea blue) the one that is growing freely

420-magazine-mobile1249502689.jpg

420.1: (White Island) being low stress trained

420-magazine-mobile1174756001.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2096740075.jpg

Hulk: (Crimea blue) being low stress trained

420-magazine-mobile180653767.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1635717959.jpg

Feedback please:)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looks great, doing a fine job! Nice setup, great pics and neat and tidy, I am a newbie also. I'II be watching your grow. Keep up the good work!

I don't think there's anything wrong with running the light 24/7 but I have read and believe that the plants benefit from a dark cycle. Even plants need to rest. I would run 18 hrs on and 6 hrs off. I read it helps with the root development. You noticed a boost in growth after getting the mh in place and that is not your imagination, hid is way better than cfl. Cfl will grow a plant but it just doesn't compare to hid. I would hold off on defoliating (outside of just cleaning up some yellow leaves) until the plants are in flower. Defoliating is really to help light get deeper into the plant. At the point you're at now it really isn't necessary. I would give it a couple weeks before switching to flower. I am seeing a very small amount of heat stress, the plant displays this by shaping the leaves like a taco shell. Maybe the fans will help that. Other than that everything is looking great. The plants are nice and green, closet is nice and tidy, you seem to be keeping a decent handle on watering, light height and air flow. You're on the right track. I'm subbed up and will check in. Feel free to ask anything and I will do my best to answer or help find the answer.

I don't think there's anything wrong with running the light 24/7 but I have read and believe that the plants benefit from a dark cycle. Even plants need to rest. I would run 18 hrs on and 6 hrs off. I read it helps with the root development. You noticed a boost in growth after getting the mh in place and that is not your imagination, hid is way better than cfl. Cfl will grow a plant but it just doesn't compare to hid. I would hold off on defoliating (outside of just cleaning up some yellow leaves) until the plants are in flower. Defoliating is really to help light get deeper into the plant. At the point you're at now it really isn't necessary. I would give it a couple weeks before switching to flower. I am seeing a very small amount of heat stress, the plant displays this by shaping the leaves like a taco shell. Maybe the fans will help that. Other than that everything is looking great. The plants are nice and green, closet is nice and tidy, you seem to be keeping a decent handle on watering, light height and air flow. You're on the right track. I'm subbed up and will check in. Feel free to ask anything and I will do my best to answer or help find the answer.

Sweet, thanks, how much do you think I could get as far as final yield? I have a 400w hps bulb to switch to

Sweet, thanks, how much do you think I could get as far as final yield? I have a 400w hps bulb to switch to

That's hard to predict. I wish there was a formula like #of plants x watts of lights = grams of bud. It just doesn't work like that. There are so many variables that play in to the final yield of the plant. I can't find any potential yield info on the strain genetics online but I would guess you could see an oz or so from ea plant. Maybe more if you play your cards right.

Back
Top Bottom