First Grow - 400W Mars II LED

Is it frowned upon to continue the thread with your dry and cure process.

For those of us new to the world of producing our own bud, this is likely the most daunting part. At least speaking on my own behalf here.

I don't particularly see myself having much issue with the grow aspect, dry and cure on the other hand, I'd like to see the process in more detail.

DRM Ranch

Is it frowned upon to continue the thread with your dry and cure process.

For those of us new to the world of producing our own bud, this is likely the most daunting part. At least speaking on my own behalf here.

I don't particularly see myself having much issue with the grow aspect, dry and cure on the other hand, I'd like to see the process in more detail.

DRM Ranch

That's a great idea! Unfortunately I was in a rush to get my buds trimmed and into mason jars to start the cure that I didn't get a chance to snap some pictures of the process, but I'll break what I did down into detail.

First off, I cut each plant at the base and flipped them over to hang upside down, removing the rest of all the big fan leaves. Any leaf that wasn't supporting a bud got clipped before I started to dry. The easiest way I found to hang everything was by using clothes hangers and hooking them up to the metal support beams of the tent. I knew I needed to keep the humidity up (was in the low 40s) so I left all the pots (still with soil) and watered them which kept my humidity at a constant 54-56%, temps constant at 76-77*; the key is to keep temps below 80* and away from light since too much exposure to light and high heat will degrade THC (grow tent is a perfect solution for a drying chamber. I trimmed the buds when they were dry to the touch, which took about 5 days. Now, they are sitting in mason jars where they won't be smoked for at least 3-4 weeks while I let the cure to its thing. Here's a few shots of the final product:

image_16_4.jpeg
image_15_7.jpeg
image_14_8.jpeg
image_13_10.jpeg

Looks like I was lucky enough to grab about an ounce a plant. I'll be starting another journal soon featuring Sour Strawberry Diesel and Vanilla Kush which will showcase a bunch of different techniques from veg to flower. Only being my second grow, but I'm determined to experiment some more. I'll be sure to drop an invite here as well as a smoke report once the buds have cured to my liking. :volcano-smiley:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

One oz ? that's not so good . your light was way too far away ,made your plants stretch ., then the light could' nt get enough light on the bottom buds

One oz ? that's not so good . your light was way too far away ,made your plants stretch ., then the light could' nt get enough light on the bottom buds

I'd say quite the opposite, perhaps not epic but getting very real usable but on your first go is an achievement worth applauding not dismissing.

We all get better with time and familiarity with the system we use to grow our plants. Such is the basis for dialing in a grow, to be better every time and learn from our experience.

It's sad that you've come here and cast a dim light on this post, maybe you just had a bad day, if so I hope it gets better.

I'd say quite the opposite, perhaps not epic but getting very real usable but on your first go is an achievement worth applauding not dismissing.

We all get better with time and familiarity with the system we use to grow our plants. Such is the basis for dialing in a grow, to be better every time and learn from our experience.

It's sad that you've come here and cast a dim light on this post, maybe you just had a bad day, if so I hope it gets better.

Agreed. Practice makes perfect. Doing a lot of reading before I start mine.

Back
Top Bottom