First Grow - 450 LED - 4x4x7 Tent - Soil - C02 Bag - Aurora Indica & Bubbleicious

Dataint

Hey all. Dataint here with my first personal medical Grow. I am currently growing 4 plants that are all fem (currently in solo cups). They are currently 2 weeks in age, will post pictures when their light is on. My air flow is a passive intake and exhaust has fan on top of tent and 6 inch flex to window where another window fan assists with airflow. Then intake is an 8 inch elbow connected to a homemade air intake box ( 12" x 12" air filter in box). Well now that introductions have been made lets get right into the tech breakdown.

Equipment:
4x4x7 grow tent
450w led full spectrum (will be used for veg and flower)
90w Led red Spectrum (will be used for flower only)
Co2 bag hanging in tent
7 gal smart pots (When transplanted from solo cups)
400 CFM fan
Window fan to assist with the exhaust

Growing medium: Roots organic

Water: tap 24hrs before use.. water is at 7.0 ph and 190 ppm i need to get some ph down to get it to 6.5

Food: Veg Cycle-Pure blend pro, Cal Mag, Liquid Karma
Flower- TBD have to get there first.

Current status of plants: 1 AI plant had a mutation or deformation once seed came off. but is still health. other AI is looking great There is some yellowing on 1st set of leaves but mainly due to some over watering I believe.
The Bubblelicious is suffering at the moment from over watering.
they both have nice growth and tight nodes

the over watering occurred i believe because i watered until runoff and since the plants are to young without good root structure i drowned them.. any input would be great (picture will be uploaded tonight)

To cure the over watering i am going 2 days with no water and will water a small amount when light cycle starts. if i see them perk up then i am assuming that their levels are under control. if they stay down i will probably get a soil moisture gauge to check levels. i have done the finger in soil to the first knuckle and it felt dry. I then checked to second knuckle and it felt a little moist. Any input would be welcome as well.

Due to watering not under control i will push the feeding back one week. but this should be ok since i was planning on adding a week to veg.

re: First Grow - 450 LED - 4x4x7 Tent - Soil - C02 Bag - Aurora Indica & Bubbleicious

Here are some pictures i took of the grow tent.. still waiting for lights to come on to get pictures of the girls.
This is just some cardboard i formed since i dont have any sheet metal equipment at my home.

Top transition from the fan to a 6 inch flex
20160805_185747.jpg

Next 2 are pics of a transition box that takes the 6 inch flex and moves through a window fan.
The other hole can be closed. just had it open since was humid in office
20160805_185811.jpg

20160805_185758.jpg

Bottom is the intake, that is a 12x12x1 air filter. it transitions to a 8" elbow
20160805_185836.jpg
20160805_185848.jpg

re: First Grow - 450 LED - 4x4x7 Tent - Soil - C02 Bag - Aurora Indica & Bubbleicious

Ok all... Lights are on so i cracked open the tent... This is pretty much my set up inside. both fans are currently on low settings. the plants still get enough to sway. the light to canopy distance is 18" was recommended to be 12-30 i figured 18 was good for nice squatter plants. The tank to the bot left is how i add humidity and i fill it with ice mid day to help with the heat.

20160805_213322.jpg
20160805_213316.jpg
20160805_213248.jpg

Here are my Aurora Indica fem

Top down view (The one on the left was the one with the deformation)
20160805_214037.jpg

Side Views(i rotated them 45 degrees)
20160805_214026.jpg
20160805_214012.jpg

Here Are the bubblelicious

Top Down (the one on left i believe is over watered and the one on the right has yellow on a fan leaf)
20160805_213450.jpg

Side Views(i rotated them 45 degrees)
20160805_213927.jpg
20160805_213911.jpg

Well thats all the update i have for now. i will be updating after their next watering in 24 hours. Currently they are on 48 hours since last water. Hopping the roots will dry out and the plant will perk up.. Any advice or suggestions are helpful. Also is my idea of holding off feeding for another week a good idea or would you suggest to go for it tomorrow.

Nice man, I like LEDs in a tent. Your setup looks great. I suggest transplanting them right away, let them fill the big pots as soon as possible. If your roots are bound, carefully unfold them with clean hands. You can cover the stem in soil up to the first pair of leaves from the seed. The covered stem will then grow new roots. And you can try to feed them, start 1/4 or even 1/5 of the recommended strength and see them respond. I am looking forward for this grow. You can check mine I did some manifolding. Good luck, they look great.

Thanks a bunch for the reply. i will be transplanting them today to 2 gallon pots (will be using mykos as well).. was thinking about moving them to the 7 gal but then reconsidered and decided to step them to a good middle pot. I will feed them with cal mag and liquid karma at 1/4 Strength and hope it brings the bubble out of its funk. i will be checking out your grow as well.. thanks again for the input. i will post picks after the transplant and the feeding. tonight will be 72 hours since their last watering so i hope they are getting some oxygen. any suggestions on watering amount. i am just thinking about a very light watering and not wait for runoff since i would hate to over water them even more. i figure the runoff watering can wait until veg week 2 or when i see roots at bot of 2 gal pots.

Thanks a bunch for the reply. i will be transplanting them today to 2 gallon pots (will be using mykos as well).. was thinking about moving them to the 7 gal but then reconsidered and decided to step them to a good middle pot. I will feed them with cal mag and liquid karma at 1/4 Strength and hope it brings the bubble out of its funk. i will be checking out your grow as well.. thanks again for the input. i will post picks after the transplant and the feeding. tonight will be 72 hours since their last watering so i hope they are getting some oxygen. any suggestions on watering amount. i am just thinking about a very light watering and not wait for runoff since i would hate to over water them even more. i figure the runoff watering can wait until veg week 2 or when i see roots at bot of 2 gal pots.

I watered only when my pot was light when lifted. It takes time to get used to the right weight but it works good make sure the pots have good drainage, I made more holes into my big pot, or you can put gravel on bottom, that helps too. Your plants look good so far and I think you will do good. Have fun. Cheers.

well i got the 2 gal pots all ready for the transplants tonight when light comes on.. Water good to go. some questions. my current water is
ph at 6.48 and 125 ppm. has .5 cal mag and 1.25 liquid karma. i have read to give this with every water until next feeding week change. but i have also read to feed,water,feed, water. Since i am using 1/4 strength would it go good for me to just use feed mix or should i alternate the watering. another question. After transplanting should i give a partial water just enough to join the 2 soils, or should i do a watering until i get run off. i am leaning towards the partial water but due to inexperience would like some input.

I watered only when my pot was light when lifted. It takes time to get used to the right weight but it works good make sure the pots have good drainage, I made more holes into my big pot, or you can put gravel on bottom, that helps too. Your plants look good so far and I think you will do good. Have fun. Cheers.
i will have to lift the pots after the transplant and before watering so i can get a good idea of the weight. lol i am even thinking about standing on the scale with and without each plant just to get a better reading.. lol i just would hate to over water again..The new pots have 1x1 inch square holes at base of pots. 5 in total. I didn't have any gravel on hand and didn't want to use anything from outside. Will try with next grow.

Sounds all good, water moderately at first, feed once and wait to see what happens. Then feed regularly and increase the feeding if you like. You will get the hang of it for sure. And if you can check the plants once-twice a day you do not need to worry about under-watering because the plant will show (I did not watered mine on time and it looked like hanged cloth) and won't die in one day. You can stick your finger in the soil and water when it feels dry like 1-1,5 inch deep. The runoff with that big holes should be great and you will not drown your plant in it. Then water when dry, until you see some runoff. You can also try to lightly bent the leaves/stems to see how hard they are, that also depends on watering. Feel the plant, the soil, the pot. Do not let the fertilized water hit the leaves and stems, water all over the pot and then closer to edge to give the plant the need to spread roots. In like week you will be a pro-amateur waterer and near the end of the grow you will be almost pro. There is also a watering method involving unglazed clay jug buried next to a plant- it is called Olla. The plant will grow roots around it and will get the water as needed itself. It can be even automated like a toilet flush tank, just place the water reservoir for the olla higher. There are some youtube videos regarding that system.

I decided that i will transplant each and water them all until i have runoff.. the main reason for this is because i would like to make sure they are all well fed and taken care of.. worst case is i lose one but keep 3 healthy then possibly lose more. will post pictures after the move..

on a side note. i used almost the whole gallon for 4 plants.. 2ish solo cups per pot and waited for runoff before watering again .
all the plants had mykos on the roots and in cavity before transplanting in soil. will post pics next watering to see if there are improvements. Also the light was raised to 20 inches above plant.

Nice photos, looks great, you can even put the soil up to the first smallest leaves. They are all loving the new homes. I bet they will all go boom and fill up your room! Also cut down the damaged leaves. Good job so far. :thumb:

Ok all. lights came on so here is an update. The girls look great and i don't know if i am overreacting but my bubble is smelling phenomenal. i didn't think at 2 weeks it would have such a great smell. its not overpowering but a nice sweet smell. Also i will be including a close up of my Bubble Droopy now and 24 hours earlier. Shot out to Tomula on suggesting the transplant.. lifesaver man..

The Girls

Droopy (Who is no longer droopy)

24 hours earlier

Thanks Again for all the help. Best of luck to all the other growers out there also .

A little late on the update. i have decided to top at 4th node. I will be letting plants Veg until 1'6" since looking for 3 foot plants in flower. I still don't know how many times ill top. i do plan on using a Scrog. I was updating pics daily but now thinking about updating at every watering. this way i will pull out the plants and give natural light pics instead of led.

Well its that time again. Today will be the girls first feed (Half Strength).I will also be topping at forth node. i will attempt to do a lil bit of LST but since my girls are so short and bushy we will have to see what can be managed.

First up is their feed.

Water was Tap and cap left off for 24 hours. phd at 7.4 sorry didn't check ppm..
7.5ml pure blend pro
2ml CalMag
3.5 Liquid Karma
6.6 PH
677 PPM

The Temps where High of 82 and low of 73
Humidity was high of 68 and low of 48

Here are the Girls Pre and Post topping(Forgot Bubble Droopy pre Top pics my bad )

Ai Nemo

Ai Perky

Bubble Perky

Bubble Droopy

Back at home relaxing

No LST this time.. Maybe next week i will get some done..

Oh and sorry about the led lighting . i didn't close grow tent door

Back
Top Bottom