First Grow, 450W LED, 3x3, Dr Seeds Nepal Master Kush Plus Some Bagseed

ggrovv

420 Member
Welcome to my first grow journal! I'm starting this one a bit late in the grow, but will try to do weekly updates from here out.

SET UP

For starters, a bit about our set up. We've got a AeroGarden we're using for seedlings/cuttings (with custom 3D printed inserts), 3x3x6 tent, 6" Hyperfan, a 40-gallon storage bin for our hydro setup, 1x - 160W Blurple LED, 2x 150W Marine LEDs. The latter 2 LEDs are extremely expensive and actually designed for coral growth, but because we weren't using them decided to test them on the grow. As we're starting to discover now later in the grow, these lights seem to be great for veg, but start to fall off in effectiveness in flower (lacking in Red spectrum).

Anyways, some photos:

The AeroGarden Classic 6 ...
91Z-V0fChsL._SL1500_.jpg

with seedlings

Inside the tent, with a view of our filter and the top of our hydro unit.

Inside the hydro unit, PVC and sprayers.

A cup.

Onward!

SEEDLINGS

Once we ordered the tent and basic supplies to get started, it was time to get some seeds cracking. We had some bagseeds around, a few from some Grampa's Breath I really enjoyed, and then a few from some good smoke that we couldn't name if we tried.

Within a few days we had action - 3 of the unknown bagseeds and 1 of the grampas breath started. And we're underway.

However, concerned about the possibility of 1 or all of these seeds being males, I decided to make a purchase on Dr. Seeds. I went for the Nepal Master Kush. This is an interesting strain because apparently Nepali is genetically a Sativa, but with the growth and effects of an Indica (we'll see how true this is). Crossed with the classic Master Kush, this sounded like a fun start.

The seeds are wonderfully packaged in a tin, and then in a small pipette inside the tin.

We decide to move our 4 bagseed seedlings into the AeroGarden, and start the Dr. Seeds NMK seeds in their too. Within a week, the NMKs have basically caught up to our bagseeds.

The plants are doing great in the AeroGarden. Note that the light above is a different LED (also one for coral growth) and not the original CFL hood that the AeroGarden comes with.

VEGGING

Alright time to start vegging these bad boys. Into the 40-gallon bin and into the tent they go.

You can see part of our Rasberry Pi set up in the picture there. It's still in development, but we will release more details about it later in the grow or in a future diary.

NMK2 after it's first topping. May have done it a bit early, but because we wanted to top all the plants together we just went for it.

... After a few days...

About a week after the first topping came the second topping. This here is NMK1.

After some growth, we added a scrog net to start low stress training out the bud sites a bit. Looking pretty wild at this point.

Now, having decided that our canopy was sufficiently filled in we switch the lights to 12/12 and move into flower.

WEEK 2 - FLOWER

We decide to defoliate the bottom of the plants so that they are each reduced to their 4 main stalks and can focus their energy on their cola buds.

We leave a few extra bud sites on the NMK1 just because the growth is so dense and healthy already.

The roots are a healthy thick braided swirl... hoping we'll be able to manage these through the end of the grow.

The bud sites are making themselves known, and hairs are beginning to emerge.

WEEK 3 - FLOWER

So the plants definitely seem to know what's going on now.

The canopy is filling up and we're taking out the odd fan leaf to allow light down to other bud sites.

It's hard to say whether it's genetics or the type of light at this point, but the plant directly under the blurple light is just shooting up. We've raised the light a bit to hopefully avoid burning it, but we don't want to starve other plants of light so, these dangerously close buds will be test-canaries for safe light distance I suppose. We tried supercropping, but they just shot straight back up, and unfortunately we don't really have the space to be able to train these buds down. Just wait and see I suppose.

Some close ups on the bud sites at 3 weeks:

NMK1

NMK2. NMK2 so far is showing some of the densest growth.

One of the Grampa's Breath bagseed colas that's shooting for the LED...

Pretty happy with the grow so far. I'll post an update again next week, or sooner if there is something to report. Feel free to comment/DM; always happy to share and learn.

WEEK 4 - FLOWER
And a week has passed. So, for starters, the 2 Dr. Seeds Nepali Master Kushes:

Nepali Master Kush

Starting to show some nice dense healthy growth and trichromes.

Really excited with where these 2 girls are going.

Generic "I" Bagseed

These girls are definitely more sativa than we thought, stretched quite a bit.

But they lookin ok overall.

Finally...

Grampa's Breath Bagseed

This a rezzy plant. Dunno what else to say.

It's displaying a little calcium deficiency which we're gonna try to fix int he coming weeks.

And, a couple shots of the girls just after the lights went out on their official first 4 weeks of flower:

Week 5 - FLOWER
It's been over a week, so time to post a few more pics. To start, the Dr Seeds nmks.

Nepali Master Kush
The bud sites are quite dense in their distribution, and these girls are really starting to trich up.

They're smelling very nice now too, somewhat hashy. Really can't wait to try these girls out.

"I" Bagseed

Also coming along quite nicely.

Grampa's Breath Bagseed
From what I've read, Grampa's breath apparently takes a bit longer than your average indica. Because it's bagseed, we can't be fully sure of the genetics, but it's strangely seemed to be ahead of all the other plants through flower.

The bud leaves don't seem to be as long as on the other plants, and the budsites have gone more vertical vs. the shorter wider (though less mature) NMK buds.

Low down bud sites frosting up quite nicely as well. You can see in this pic some of what we think is calcium deficiency in the leaves. We've added Cal-Mag to our regimen in the last week, and it seems to have mitigated further damage.

Gramp's 4 top colas (it was topped twice).

Anyhow that's all for now! Til next weeks update ;)

Week 6 - FLOWER

... First off, from doctor seeds...
Nepali Master Kush 1 -
Starting to look very ressy and moving toward completion. Wonder how long.

Nepali Master Kush 2 -
started at the same time, but none the less a little behind it seems. still, looking very nice.

The is (random bagseed)
Dunno what these are, but they've grown tall and are looking nice. The only plants which are discoloring quite a bit in the leaves at this point.

Back
Top Bottom