First grow: 6 femmed Dark Angel in my guest bathtub

beavercat

420 Member
These ladies are feminized Dark Angels from Crop king seeds. I germed em in baggies, then put them iN peat pellets. A week later I transplanted them into 3.5 gallon pots with 60% Sta-green moisture control, and 30% vermiculite. They are vrowing pretty quickly. Its been a week since they first sprouted. They are in my guest bathroom under 8 100 watt CFLs. Watering them every 3-4 days.

20150313_152423.jpg
20150313_152416.jpg

These ladies are feminized Dark Angels from Crop king seeds. I germed em in baggies, then put them iN peat pellets. A week later I transplanted them into 3.5 gallon pots with 60% Sta-green moisture control, and 30% vermiculite. They are vrowing pretty quickly. Its been a week since they first sprouted. They are in my guest bathroom under 8 100 watt CFLs. Watering them every 3-4 days.

20150313_152423.jpg
20150313_152416.jpg
Ive grown DA's 5 times now since 2018..i found as with most weed grown in dirt that the roots do much better if you start them in smaller cups then transplant up a few times increasing pot size as you go during veg cycle..what i found is superior rootball formation and a better root eco system.. if small plants are grown in too large a pot the roots become nebulous and stringy and are susceptible to both drying out and over watering. I start my seedlings that size in clear blue plastic shot cups (in coir) less fungus and damping off in the coir..then when they get their second set of leaves and are showing a stable stalk they go onto small solo cups with dirt but i dont disturb the coir and roots i just put the whole plug into a dirt hole a d fill it up flush leaving the coir core slightly exposed..with drainage holes of course..the next pot they go into is a 6 inch similar to the ones you have there..then 8 or 10 inch pots..adding my own organic composted anaerobic soil as i go..theres nothing terrible about starting them in bigger pots..just keep this in mind if you experience any difficulties and try it on your next grow! I would keep the cfls within 4 inches of the plants so they dont get to spindley and top heavy as they search for light..keep posting pictures and let us see how they turn out in a few weeks..oh keep a small fan blowing on them day and night..it helps the stems strengthen up! Happy growing!

20150313_152423.jpg
20150313_152416.jpg
Good to see you again my friend. Its covid so no guests, might as well get some use out of that bathtub. Great start to your garden. :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom