First Grow - 600W LED Northern Lights Auto

Hi guys definitely subbed, am looking to grow some NL in the future, just wondering which seed bank did you choose to get your seeds?

My yields have varied a bit. I had two NLA grows from Crop King Seeds. First grow was two plants (my first attempt) and weren't too good. I got the LED 35 days into that grow. The second NLA was my best single grow. I yielded 70 ounces going into the jars. I'm in a very small tent (32x18x32). I haven't had another single plant get that big.

I'm happy with the quality and the quantity of my yields. It's why I continue to do it and try to improve. Buds are good and depending on strain pretty tight. If I had the space and the environment controls, I would probably want HPS/MH lights. The LED's are great for limited space and temperature control.

I still have a tiny bud left from all my grows. I'm not a good judge of effect - I can't tell the difference in the high between strains. Sometimes I feel a different buzz with the same stuff on different days. I don't worry - as long as it gets me high.:Namaste:

I get a big kick out of smoking my own stuff ;)

:passitleft:

My yields have varied a bit. I had two NLA grows from Crop King Seeds. First grow was two plants (my first attempt) and weren’t too good. I got the LED 35 days into that grow. The second NLA was my best single grow. I yielded 70 ounces going into the jars. I’m in a very small tent (32x18x32). I haven’t had another single plant get that big.

I’m happy with the quality and the quantity of my yields. It’s why I continue to do it and try to improve. Buds are good and depending on strain pretty tight. If I had the space and the environment controls, I would probably want HPS/MH lights. The LED’s are great for limited space and temperature control.

I still have a tiny bud left from all my grows. I’m not a good judge of effect - I can’t tell the difference in the high between strains. Sometimes I feel a different buzz with the same stuff on different days. I don’t worry - as long as it gets me high.:Namaste:

I get a big kick out of smoking my own stuff ;)

:passitleft:

That's awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing what I get out of these

Day 18

Both plants are looking awesome. They're starting to get super dense under the canopy so I have been doing some leaf tucking and LSTing. I gave them some water today as well, and was wondering if you guys think its time to start mixing some nutes in with the water? If anyone knows that'd be great. Also, one of the plants has these small marks on a few leaves that look like the top layer of the leaf was shaved off. I have some photos of it so if anyone knows what could be causing that/ if its bad or not that'd be great!

IMG_20171104_204622.jpg
IMG_20171104_204624.jpg
IMG_20171104_204629.jpg
IMG_20171104_204631.jpg
IMG_20171104_204634.jpg
IMG_20171104_204644.jpg
IMG_20171104_204650.jpg
IMG_20171104_204657.jpg

If you are using the fox farm trio (hope my memory is correct) some big bloom would be good. It's pretty safe. You could try adding some grow big as well, just start small. I mean like 1/8th of what they recommend. They will still be getting food from that soil so better to go light on the grow big, then to over do it and harm them. Calmag would be good too if you have it. If you see no negative effects start to increase dosage gradually.

As far as the spots on the leaves i dont have a lot of answers for that. Did anything get spilled on the leaves? There is a forum here you can post those pics and get an answer from people much smarter than me.

Thanks for the info man! I'll get going on that. As for the dots on the leaves, I haven't spilled anything on them so I definitely don't know what it is. I think I'll post these photos in the forum you're talking about and see what I can find out

Day 20:

This is not a full update on both plants as the spots on one of my plants has gotten much worse. I am not exactly sure what the problem may be. I am suspecting calcium deficiency but that is just a guess as I am new to growing. I am getting a little nervous that the plant won't have time to get over the issue as it is an autoflowering strain. If anyone knows what the issue is and how to fix it that'd be huge!

IMG_20171106_083400.jpg
IMG_20171106_083354.jpg
IMG_20171106_083350.jpg

I've been watering at around 6-7 PH. They are almost 3 weeks old and I have yet to water with nutrients as I was told the soil would have enough for the first 2-3 weeks. I will mix in 1/4 strength of the nutes this evening when I water and maybe that will make a difference.

I've been watering at around 6-7 PH. They are almost 3 weeks old and I have yet to water with nutrients as I was told the soil would have enough for the first 2-3 weeks. I will mix in 1/4 strength of the nutes this evening when I water and maybe that will make a difference.
Sure that's sounds right. I've been having scare/spots on my plants pretty similar to yours. I diagnosed it as pH uncertainty.
You should measure your run off. Compare it to your input pH. Your soil could be more on way or another.

Doesn't matter but make sure you measure what pH your feed is. I would expect your run off to be a little different but if you put in a liquid of pH 6 and I comes of at 7 it's likely your soil pH is above 7. Thus would show that the range is too large.

Alright I'll PH the feed an check runnoff. Am I looking for a high or low PH? Or just anything that's out of the 6-7 range?

Well it depends on how out it is. I'm particularly looking for pH fluctuation. If your feeding you plant pH water of six and the run of is ~7, or vise versa, I would take it as the soil had risen a factor since the last feed. Obviously if you run off is out the desired pH zone, e.g pH of 5, then that's a problem.

With measuring pH fluctuations you should record input pH and run off pH over time so you can compare rise/fall over time. pH change of a factor in 24hours is unfavorable

Alright cool I'm going to give that a go this evening with nutes in the water and see what runoff PH is. Hopefully I can get this fixed before it begins flowering

Dont quote me (look it up) but i believe the rule is if you ph your water to 6 and run off is 7 then you should ph the water to 5 so the run off should then be 6.
I use PH Perfect so I don't have to deal with this type of crap lol. Although on all my outdoor grows I didn't use PH perfect and I never measured diddly.. must be luck

I just checked runoff PH and it is right around 6-6.5. I looked under the leaves and found some black/brown specs under the affected leaves. Seems like it could be some sort of bug so I'm about to order something to spray the leaves with and hopefully that will solve the problem! I'll have another photo update tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom