First Grow - 600W LED Northern Lights Auto

Day 41: Tough Day

I hope everyone in the US enjoyed their thanksgiving! I have a sad update on the plants. To start, I flushed them on Friday night (3 days ago) and I must have done something wrong because offset, the healthier plant, is looking horrible now. I fed them yesterday with tiger bloom and big bloom, and I realized that I have been feeding them .5ml/gallon up until yesterday! Stupid me, I was reading the .5ml mark on the eye dropper as 5ml. Oh well, I am still learning as this is my first grow. Anyways, a lot of lower leaves have turned straight yellow, and a lot of upper leaves have brown spots all over them. The smaller plant, quavo, still seems to be struggling as well. I find dried leaves that have fallen off the plant every day. I have been PH'ing water to 6.7, and the tent humidity is around 25%. Anyone have any idea what is wrong and how I can save these?! It looks like my yield will be greatly affected, but I'm not angry as this is my first time growing and I still have lots to learn. Any help is definitely appreciated. I just ordered some calmag which I have not been using, so maybe that is playing a role in why the plants look so bad.
Quavo:
IMG_20171127_144948.jpg
IMG_20171127_144953.jpg
IMG_20171127_144956.jpg
IMG_20171127_144959.jpg

Offset:
IMG_20171127_145002.jpg
IMG_20171127_145008.jpg
IMG_20171127_145011.jpg
IMG_20171127_145017.jpg

I believe I might have hit on something. Do some searching for Leaf Septoria. I found a link elsewhere (not sure if it's ok to post other links here) but it said "Yellow leaf spot, also known as leaf septoria, are caused by Septoria cannabis and S. neocannabina. These are fungal pathogens aimed specifically at marijuana plants"

This link in 420 mentions it as well and a treatment:

Yellow Leaves and Brown Spots

Looks like the guy had a very similar issue and found a product that work :high-five:

Apparently it's a fungus thing that won't kill a plant but hinders robust growth and will impact the yield.

Can't say this is your issue for sure, but here is how I go about searching. Search "spotted cannabis leaves" and look for images. Scroll through to find images that look like your leaves and then follow the links. Sometimes you get lucky. :Namaste:

I don't think your issues are related to your nutrient miss. Being too light on nutrients doesn't cause near the same issues as giving too much - so from that perspective you're in great shape. The tops and bud sites look pretty good. It's these problem leaves. It's been a while but I don't see all the leaves having this problem - primarily just the lower ones.

I believe I might have hit on something. Do some searching for Leaf Septoria. I found a link elsewhere (not sure if it's ok to post other links here) but it said "Yellow leaf spot, also known as leaf septoria, are caused by Septoria cannabis and S. neocannabina. These are fungal pathogens aimed specifically at marijuana plants"

This link in 420 mentions it as well and a treatment:

Yellow Leaves and Brown Spots

Looks like the guy had a very similar issue and found a product that work :high-five:

Apparently it's a fungus thing that won't kill a plant but hinders robust growth and will impact the yield.

Can't say this is your issue for sure, but here is how I go about searching. Search "spotted cannabis leaves" and look for images. Scroll through to find images that look like your leaves and then follow the links. Sometimes you get lucky. :Namaste:

I don't think your issues are related to your nutrient miss. Being too light on nutrients doesn't cause near the same issues as giving too much - so from that perspective you're in great shape. The tops and bud sites look pretty good. It's these problem leaves. It's been a while but I don't see all the leaves having this problem - primarily just the lower ones.

Wow, thanks for that link! That could definitely be my problem, however it looks like the product he found is preventative, not a cure. However I will definitely be looking into that deeper. The only reason I thought it may be nute related is because offset was completely spot free and extremely green a week ago. After I flushed it, everything went sour. That leads me to believe that something happened during or after the flush, at least for that plant. The other one has had issues since week 3, and those have only gotten worse. I will continue to research. But yeah, bud sites look good on offset, but quavo's bud sites are extremely small. Doesn't look like i'll get much out of that plant.

Did you ph the water when doing the flush? The spots on the leaves look like it could be calcium deficiency but i cant say for sure. How frequently have you been needing to water them? Does it seem like they drink less now, or still the same?

Dont panic about it. I have lost more leaves than that and the plants continued to bud. Keep making sure your ph is good and get your feeding amounts on point. Fox farm has a feeding schedule on their website but i wouldnt follow it full strength. Maybe at 1/2 strength and see how it goes.

Great journal so far, and I'm excited for your outcome. I'm currently growing the same strain, and will be following you closely. Really good stuff in here, and like Stupidface said, there will be plenty of goodness coming from those beauties.

Someone in my journal told me, every grow has it challenges and they never go off flawlessly, and every flaw brings you closer to larger yields.

Well done!

@Stupidface, I PH'd the water to 6.7 for the flush. I ordered some calmag to add to my future feeds. It seems like they have been drinking a bit less recently. During the flush, i took the cap off of the bottom of my pots. The larger plant's roots were out of the drain hole and building up in the space between the bottom of the pot and the bottom of the cap. I'm afraid that when I put that cap back on the bottom of the pot, the roots were damaged and that could be causing some of these problems.

Day 57

Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated the journal in a few weeks. Been pretty busy and nothing major was going on. The calmag finally came in and I have been feeding at 1.5ml/L. Plants seem to be recovering, although there are still some dried brown leaves. Surprisingly, Quavo has made a huge comeback. That looked to be the sick plant a few weeks ago but it looks great now. I am hoping I can yield at least 40 grams off of these. I definitely have learned a lot throughout this grow so I'm looking forward to round 2 with 5 gallon pots. That's a few weeks out though. Here are some pics:
Offset:
IMG_20171213_164547.jpg
IMG_20171213_164553.jpg
IMG_20171213_164610.jpg
IMG_20171213_164622.jpg

Quavo:
IMG_20171213_164651.jpg
IMG_20171213_164656.jpg
IMG_20171213_164705.jpg
IMG_20171213_164713.jpg
IMG_20171213_164718.jpg
IMG_20171213_164635.jpg

Great job and persistence :high-five:

These plants are resilient. I’m not surprised they’re turning out better than you might have thought. Still not sure why the leaves look that way but I’m glad those buds are looking so good. :Namaste:

I just killed 2 plants about 4 weeks early by forgetting heating fan I turned on. I was able to salvage a little but it was a lot of effort for low result.

Great job and persistence :high-five:

These plants are resilient. I’m not surprised they’re turning out better than you might have thought. Still not sure why the leaves look that way but I’m glad those buds are looking so good. :Namaste:

I just killed 2 plants about 4 weeks early by forgetting heating fan I turned on. I was able to salvage a little but it was a lot of effort for low result.

Damn that's a bummer, yeah I have been surprised with how well it has turned out. And I can't wait to give it a try, the buds are very crystally and sticky. I ordered a mini microscope to check trichome color so I know when to harvest.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom