First Grow - 700W LED - 3 x Autos - White Diesel Haze

MrR0bot

Hello all,

I've been checking out completed journals on the forum for a while and thought it would be time to become a part of the community by registering and sharing my progress with you guys.

Grow Environment
Tent: Black Orchid Hydro-box (60x60x140)
Lights: 700w LED (not sure on brand, eBay purchase)
Cycle: 18/6
Fan: Carbon filter fan to be purchased this week

Nutrients / Soil
Soil: BioBizz All Mix
Nutrients: BioBizz Grow, Bloom and Top Max

Seeds
Plant 1 & 2
Name: Ferris (female, my housemates named her, and yes I know, a blokes name!) & Michelle (the first lady)
Seed Bank: Sensi Seeds
Strain: White Diesel Haze Feminised Auto
Bucket Size: 5 gallon bucket, big holes drilled in the bottom (couldn't find any fabric pots at the time)
Additional:
- 70% Sativa
- Heavy yield
- 50-65 days flowering

Plant 3
Name: Mia
Seed Bank: Dinafem
Strain: Critical 2.0+ Auto
Bucket Size: B&Q bucket, 3 gallons?
Additional:
- 70% Sativa
- Heavy yield
- 70-80 days flowering
This seed was given to me by a work colleague.

Week 1
All 4 seeds germinated (3 x White Diesel Haze, 1 x Critical 2.0) and placed into small cups. Two of the seed casings got stuck on the heads after they popped through the soil, unfortunately one of the WDH seeds perished at this point. The two 'best looking' plants in the cups got transferred to the big buckets after I read that autos should never be transplanted. I decided to go with a split-strategy and try both methods and learn from the outcome.

All 4 seeds planted in pots under the lights
20150924_121642_HDR.jpg

Ferris
20151002_205827.jpg

Michelle
20151002_205833.jpg

I am currently half way through week 5 since germination, I also have photos from the previous weeks and these will be uploaded today at some stage.

Peace, Robot.

Re: First Grow - LED 3 x Autos

Week 2
Exciting progress made, still holding off the nutrients until next week. Note the photos were taken at the start and the end of the week - many more leaves! :high-five:

Ferris
20151007_081413.jpg

20151014_081936.jpg

Michelle
20151014_081924.jpg

20151014_081931.jpg

Mia: about a week behind the other two because of the seed casing preventing growth. Starting to look healthy now.
20151007_081417.jpg

20151014_082011.jpg

Peace, Robot!

Week 3
Started off the week with their first feeding of Bio Grow (1ml) mixed in with 1ltr of water. I slightly spilt some on the leaves while applying and this gave a few of the leaves the nutrient burn effect at the tip. I monitored this carefully over the next few days and it didn't get worse so must have been my carelessness.

The two White Diesel Haze plants are really booming now. Ferris especially has grown so much over the last week, she looks to be very promising indeed.

Ferris
20151018_110532.jpg
20151018_110707.jpg
20151018_110539.jpg

Michelle
20151018_110503.jpg
20151018_110701.jpg

Mia
20151018_110553.jpg

Peace, Robot.

Week 4 & 5
Second and third round of nutrients have been given to all the plants. They are all growing well and causing a bit of an issue with the plants starting to overlap each other due to the lack of space.

Any tips on which leaves I could remove or space saving ideas they would be appreciated.

Ferris
20151025_110258.jpg
20151025_110253.jpg

Michelle
20151025_110303.jpg

Mia
20151025_110316.jpg
20151025_110310.jpg

And some others (close ups and tent)
20151025_110358.jpg

20151025_110410.jpg
20151025_110407.jpg

And that is you all updated with my grow. Please comment with advice or tips if you have any...

Peace, Robot!

Hey Robot nice looking girls and Ferris. I dont know much about autos, and defoliation is controversial. Some guys will really strip the leaves down and others will never touch one leaf. So its basically up to you. I try to get light to the bud sites. In flower after the stretch at around 3 weeks lite defol, or just bend them over slightly, or spred them out. The stretch will help to open things up some As well. I have read that you want to look down from above and see some dirt. Have they started to flower yet? Do you see any preflowers?

Hey Robot nice looking girls and Ferris. I dont know much about autos, and defoliation is controversial. Some guys will really strip the leaves down and others will never touch one leaf. So its basically up to you. I try to get light to the bud sites. In flower after the stretch at around 3 weeks lite defol, or just bend them over slightly, or spred them out. The stretch will help to open things up some As well. I have read that you want to look down from above and see some dirt. Have they started to flower yet? Do you see any preflowers?
Thanks for the response Nicholas. I'm still a little bit confused as to exactly what to look for pre-flower/flower, so I've attached some more images for you to see.

20151025_121050.jpg
20151025_120952.jpg
20151025_120811.jpg

An update... however it hasn't been the best of weeks grow wise.

I think I may have slightly over fed them with nutrients as I've noticed nutrient burn on some of the leaves.

These burns/spots have appeared on the leaves today. Anybody have any idea on what I have done to cause this pain to my girls :(
20151031_170249.jpg
20151031_170258.jpg
20151031_170310.jpg

Thanks in advance, Robot.

When did u feed them last? Looks like slight nute burn i think. Mine did the same thing once and i was told to just keep an eye on it and if it gets any worse to flush a few gallons of water through the soil. If it doesnt get any worse after a few days then your okay. From then on i have been on a nutrient then water then tea cycle.

Hi Nicholas, thanks for keeping up with my journal. Your tips have helped me a lot so far.

I fed them on Wednesday evening and several of the lowest leaves got absolutely nuked! After noticing, I poured 1000ml of water on all of the plants just to help the dilution. It was Friday when I noticed the burn appear on several of the leaves half way up the plant.

Just checked them after returning from a halloween bash and it doesn't appear to have worsened. I've read that they are quite resilient plants so hopefully they will recover just fine.

Would you recommend feeding the plants a bit less BioBloom on the next feeding to help with the recovery process?

I used 2.8ml for the two bigger plants and 2.0ml for the smaller plant.

Robot.

Yes that is exacty what I did robot. When i burned them my ppm was 735, the next feed I droped it to 635. Do you know what the ppm was on the last feed? If not I would think to take 0.5 to 1 ml of the nutes next time. I just want to say this also, i am still a newby too and still learning everyday and by no means do i consider myself an experienced grower. But i do feel that i have some of the basics down for soil and i am glad to be able to help someone. And i just went through alot of the things with mine that your goin through right now. You are doing great Robot. Also some say that its good to have a little burn because now you know the limits of that strain and what they can handle for optimum growth.:thumb:

Im in and great job so far very good growth and happy looking ladies.i am experienced auto grower at a high level;) normally use 600 hps.my new grow on my sig is my first time using led,s cnt say what brand they are bought off ebay.got 700w worth of led power using 14 litre buckets 3 autos.ur welcome to pop over i guarentee u will learn an awful lot;) im topping my autos;) well il be watching and best of luck;) and happy growing every1

Hi Beast, thanks for following! I was reading through your journal the other night, I think I may top 1 of the plants on my next grow to explore the limits and learn.

Small update. All of the plants have finished stretching now and have definitely started bud growth. Can't place the light any higher so its lucky they've stopped where they have.

Suffered nutrient burn on several of the lowest leaves again, I've come to accept this with the WDH. The Critical 2.0+ is doing well with the nutrients, could probably take more but don't really wan't to push it, just appears the WDH is an easy burner.

Looking forward to growing in better pots next time, the buckets I've used are so distorted now where I have squeezed them into the space that the plant shame has suffered slightly. The Critical2.0 is in a better pot and the plant structure is much neater.

All the plants are at 46 days old from seed. I think Ferris (the one with majority of white hairs) is about a week ahead of the other two, although the other two have now started rapid growth of the white hairs.

Now for the photos...
20151111_082203.jpg

20151111_082104.jpg

20151111_082053.jpg

20151111_082041.jpg

20151111_082035.jpg

Robot.

She is looking for a feed of calmag mate .N is been sucked out the leafs u need to replace that very common at beginning of flower.hit her with calmag she will green right back up mate;):thumb:

Thanks man, just ordered some CalMag so should be here for Saturday. I take it around 1ml / 1ltr is the recommended dosage?

Do you think they'll be ready to harvest in the next 3-4 weeks? Day 48 now and its suggested they take 60 (I know this mostly isn't the case with the seed banks).

Robot.

Only time will tell mate;) and go by the recomemded dose on ur calmg bottle when u get it .i just got sensi calmag xtra.that says 2ml per litre but dont repeat that over 1 week.so basically 2ml max per week;)

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom