First Grow Advice Needed - Bubba Kush - Dairy Queen - Blue Widow

Herbanite84

Hi there people!

Just want to say thanks for all the wisdom various members have put up so far, and congrats on such a wicked site!

This is a friend of a friends first grow, and i want to blog it for help to others in the future, and to help him also! ;)

Equipment wise-
1 x tent 80 x 80 x 160
1 x 4" clima fibre carbon filter with TT extractor fan (28w)
1 x 250w solarburst super hps and standard reflector
2 x fans 1 big, 1 small clip on

2011-08-11_23_26_39.jpg

2011-08-11_23_26_29.jpg

2011-08-11_23_27_02.jpg

Pic1- top of tent with light and filter/fan connected and vented
Pic2- top of tent again but showing fan blowing just below bulb towards hole on top of tent
Pic3- my little clip on fan, back facing lower vent and air blowing just above his lil bubba kush :)

Nute/soil wise-
2011-08-12_00_39_54.jpg

Basically all the bio-bizz range. And bio-bizz soil.

Seed/ling wise-
1x Bubba Kush feminized (probably been out the ground for about 6 days now)
1x Dairy Queen regular (he had a few regs but going by this guide
images2.jpeg
he chose the roundest one with the roundest dip-where the seed was originally connected to the plant)
She has just popped her head up today!
1x Blue Widow feminized (sadly no show yet n she was planted spike down 3-4 days ago-1 day before Dairy Q!)

So originally he was going to grow 2 fem Bubba K's, but he thinks he killed one by 'checking on it' to often :( the little tail came off in his hands! So thought would go for 3 altogether n planted both Dairy Q and Blue W in little peat pellets, placed in little cups, then placed in the tent with plastic bag around to create greenhouse effect. Watered with a mixture of 1 litre water + 1.5ml of Biobizz root juice (it says 2-5ml per litre but didnt want to go overboard so soon) he uses this to water everything atm and still has over half the bottle left, he keeps it in the tent so the water is slightly warm.

The bubba k that survived is here;
2011-08-11_23_25_25.jpg

2011-08-11_23_21_58.jpg

2011-08-11_23_22_28.jpg

Here is the first problem; He cant seem to keep the temp down, it is always around 80-90f. Is this bad? Is this the reason miss bubba k is lookin so flimsy? How else can i keep the temp down? Cant really afford a cooled lamp atm, and was planning on using the 250 hps for the entire grow. The weather is unusually warm here so thats not helping things. He hasnt turned the filter+extractor on yet though.. maybe this would help..?

Secondly, when bubba k came out of the ground she still had her helmet on, he 'helped' her by dropping a few drops of water on her over about 5 minutes (a technique he read on here!) until the shell just dropped off.. should he do that again with miss Dairy Q?
2011-08-11_23_23_47.jpg

She is on the left.. Miss Blue hasnt arrived yet lol

Anyone got any advice? All will be appreciated and i will try to finish this step by step :)

Thanks for your time people :peace :adore: :Namaste:

:allgood::tokin::green_heart::420:

I just realized.. is this in the wrong place? Is there any way it could be moved to the right place, and how? sorry, typical noob error

Re: First Grow Advice Needed (Bubba Kush, Dairy Queen, Blue Widow)

Buy clones,easy, faster.

Thanks, but dont have the option right now.. may clone from these though hopefully :)

Turning extractor on has dropped it from 85.5 to 82.5, closer to the 68-78 mark. Hope they are ok! :eek:

:peace:

Keep that extractor on. Get an oscillating fan in there, fill a buckt with water and have the oscillating fan blow over that ic it gets hot again. Your rH is low enough for that method.. Not a big difference maker but u need an oscillating fan in there anyways. And no dont touch the seedling or anything just let them take off their own helmets. They will eventually fall off and if not just leave it it wont harm the plant and you dont want to risk the delicate life of a seedling by crushing it with water. And about ur bubba sure it looks to be off to a slow start but it looks fine to me. Make sure you transplant her outa that tiny pot soon or she will get pissed at you.. Gotta give a girl her space early on. My friend this, he that.. Really? U seem more concerned about this grow than him. Maybe u should be the one growing it hehehe

Keep that extractor on. Get an oscillating fan in there, fill a buckt with water and have the oscillating fan blow over that ic it gets hot again. Your rH is low enough for that method.. Not a big difference maker but u need an oscillating fan in there anyways. And no dont touch the seedling or anything just let them take off their own helmets. They will eventually fall off and if not just leave it it wont harm the plant and you dont want to risk the delicate life of a seedling by crushing it with water. And about ur bubba sure it looks to be off to a slow start but it looks fine to me. Make sure you transplant her outa that tiny pot soon or she will get pissed at you.. Gotta give a girl her space early on. My friend this, he that.. Really? U seem more concerned about this grow than him. Maybe u should be the one growing it hehehe

Thanks for getting back to me! :yahoo: lol

i/he (LOL) have added a tray of cold water in front of the clip on, thats blowing on the girls. And thermometer is right between em-
2011-08-16_19_32_36.jpg

It does actually seem to work, so thanks again! Seems 2 lower temp by 1-2 degrees. But still between 79-82f on average, n i think she is feeling the heat unfortunately. Still seems a bit floppy, but thats just me guessing..
She has definatly grown though!
2011-08-16_19_34_02.jpg

2011-08-16_19_34_44.jpg

2011-08-16_19_35_36.jpg

She has a single, triple, ..er, lol ..a fiv'le?! :bongrip: and another set just pushing through!! But would you say she looks a little short? All the leaves seem to be really close together.. but maybe its just how they start off? :)

And was planning on leaving them both in the small pots until the roots filled out, and then moving them into the 6 litre super root pots u can see in background. Would 6 litr be big enough to finish them in? I remember reading somewhere on here that by gradually increasing the pot size the roots grow stronger n more compact?

Also i have added biobiz bio grow to the water now too, at half recommended dose as they are only young.. is this wise? Could this be my problem as biobizz soil has nutes in to begin with?

oh and lil miss Dairy Q isnt camera shy :yummy:
2011-08-16_19_35_59.jpg

:):):)
Cheers

She looks fine but if i were you i would just go get a high watt cfl for cheap to veg it with.. Itll help ur heat issue and wouldnt be expensive.. Cuz 250hps is a little overkill for a seedling. But u can remember that for next time also if you wish. But quick!!! Transplant that baby!! Her taproot has already reached the vottom of the cup and you want to keep that extending vertically. Dont want root bound ladies they will cost you extra veg time and defeciencies often.. Keep it up!!

Hey friend, I just jumped on here cuz of the name of your thread " advice needed." I have to say that repeatedly changing the pots out is bad for the plants, they stress out every time you transplant them. You want to put her in the biggest pot you possibly can right away and just let her roots grow big,, and grow down deep from the beginning, that's the only way she'll grow big and have a fat trunk. And 6 liters seems small for me, especially if you have a tent, then you got at least 4-5 vertical feet to grow up to....6 liters is less than 2gallons, and most people START with at least a 2-3 gallon pot ( prob. 6-8 liters I guess- not real good on conversion to euro...) anyways, yeah bro, you gotta get her into a good big pot right now, and then just keep that fan on her from the ground facing UP, thru her canopy, and over that water bath ur other buddy suggested is a great idea! Whatever works, that's what you do! Just trying to help ya bro, so any questions, just ask! But get her into a big "Airpot" I hear those are good, those soft-sided "Earth-pots" are good also...but even a 5 gallon bucket without a lid, just drill a hole in the side a few inches up to give it a water/ nutrient resevoir in the bottom, if that's what you want to do ( that's called "Hempy" style when you do that and use perlite or a perlite mix for your medium to grow in...)or drill holes in the bottom of the bucket and put it in a tray or tub for it to drain into...might want to put small stones in the bottom of the bucket, or perlite only in the bottom, something like that so the water/nutes can drain out.....otherwise you get root rot....
Anyways, I'm subbed for your grow, so ask anything you want...
Looks great so far...

Hey and thanks again for getting back to me!
2011-08-17_14_43_37.jpg

He now has some 18 litre pots (nearly 5 gallons) square and black, with trays. Will wait until light cycle starts again then repot them. Has noticed a few yellow marks appearing on leaves so am just going to water with plain water for ten days or so as the soil has a lot of nutes already from what i have read! Is it worth drilling holes up the sides of the pots, to emulate a D.I.Y. super root pot? (they say that when the roots hit the air in the holes, they back up away from it then explode in size..!?)
And also, does he need to put some of the hydroponic little round pebbles in the bottom of the pots? He hasnt got any right now, and is eager to get them moved into there new spacious homes, but without root rot!! :)
And with regards to the CFL, can it just plug into the ballast and socket used for the 250 hps? And what watt :))) would be prefferable? I understand the blue spectrum light is needed, and that it should be positioned about 1-2inch above plants, and a reflector is needed for best results.
If he cant afford one atm, it is definately something to ready for next time as you said!
Also, if they get too big he was planning on super cropping, or just bending the girls from the top and securing so they form an arch and shoots grow from each node(?) to maximise quantity of mmj :)
You guys are helping out a great deal, and me/we is thankingfullymuchleveryilly! :goodjob:
Cheers Peeps!

great looking clones

Sheesh Deerhunter, think you need to stop hitting them bongs as often.. and r u sure its boodah ur smoking..? Cuz your tripping or something :thedoubletake::wood::clown::icon_cool

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom