First Grow - Advice Welcome

dunc014

IMG_20140615_124337_465.jpg

OK. So this is my first grow. I'm looking for advice, tips, help, and opinions. I have done a kit if research in the topic. Still all the help would be greatly appreciated.

Strain. Liberty Haze.
Genetics. G13×chemdawg 91
THC. 25% Cbd 1.8%

OK so I started out with MG soil. Figured out very fast that it was not good for the plant. Soil had time released nutes, not good for plant. So I had to transplant.
I went to a happy grow organic soil, mushroom compost soil, perlite, and ocean blue Pete moss.
1/2 happy grow
1/2 mushroom compost soil
1/3 perlite
1/3 ocean blue pete moss
5 gal pot.

Also have been using fish liquid 5-1-1 for right now. I do have more ferts coming. Want to bump up to a 5-3-3 or something like that. Help on this would be great. Gave her 3/4 strength ferts yesterday.

I have also been playing close attention to pH levels. My tap water is around 7.0- 8.5 . I have been adding I tbls of white vinegar to drop pH to 6.0- 6.8. Semms to b around 6.0 when drainage is done.

Notice yellow spots on leave today. You should be able to see it by the pic I posted. Have researched yelle leaves . Still not sure what it is. HELP.

re: First grow - Guidance Appreciated

Subbed.

How To Add Links To Signatures

Not sure how good it is to use vinegar every time, you should buy PH up and/or PH down for horticulture. PH 6.5 is your ideal PH for growing in soil.

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Nutrient_Availability_Chart3.jpg

Cannabis_Leaf_Deficiencies_Chart.jpg

I do not grow in soil but I am subscribed to your journal and will point you in the right direction when I can.

Good luck.

IMG_20140615_161309_159.jpg
IMG_20140615_161259_951.jpg

I dont use vinegar every time. Its just helps in a pinch. One day I'll use it then I won't for the next few waters, just because I don't know that much about. Just read it doing research.

Here's the leaves. Now some are starting to curl up. Is this sign of heat stress been 90 and humid big change in temp over two days

You can use vinegar to lower the pH of your nutrient mixture when you water. I would adjust the pH of your nutrient solution every time you water your plants. Your yellowing leaf appears to be from low nitrogen, give your plant several more feedings of the vegetative nutrients you have and gradually increase the dosage. I will need some photographs of the upward curled leaves.

Re: First grow - Guidance Appreciated

IMG_20140616_152323_668.jpg
IMG_20140616_152330_826.jpg

Updated photo. Yesterday I noticed she was saggin a little. Think I over watered but we went from 75 degrees to 90 in a day. Big change. I also notice leaves were curling up. I researched and figured it was heat stress. Put her under the deck to shade her, plus there's a good breeze and sunlight still gets to her. I think she looks OK don't wanna water till tomorrow. Anyone got any suggestions.

I'm dealing with 88 degrees IN THE SHADE! But the humidity in the greenhouse keeps her basically wet so she doesn't ever have heat stress problems,

you could put your plant under a piece of plastic you have laying around it will cool down the direct temperature on the plant probably around 5-10 degrees, or if you can put in next to your a/c and the air movement from that should bring temps down as well,

Forgot to mention when I watered the other day I did a folier feeding. Don't know if I spelled that right. So I did it because I didn't add any nutes to that water. I fed the Tim before that.

it leans looking for sunlight, she wants some direct sun so she's searching for it

And honestly the plants looking a lot better than it was dunc014,

So i received my new ferts today. I went with a 12-6-6 (npk) i also got humic acid. the guy at the hydro store talked me into it, and last but not least some worm casting for the top of the soil. I watered today with half the amount it called for. I will slightly increase it every water. Acid says use every ten days. I cant wait to see how she responds to the new stuff. Completely all organic ferts. Can anyone tell me if its ok to foiler feed in between feedings? thanks

foliar feedings usually call for very low NPK, the fert i could use for foliar feeding once a week has an NPK of (0.01)(0.30)(0.70) but i dont foliar feed i just use water for misting in high temps

i dont have anything against foliar feeding, thats the great thing about cannabis... its all up to the grower

Back
Top Bottom