First Grow - Advice Welcome

kxracer4life

PleaseHelp I have decided to grow my own medicinal medicine. I will break down the following.. currently I have a 4X4 tent with a 600 watt HPS and metal halide lightBThat Is A Cool Tube. using it 3 gallon smart pots. TheFabricOnes. nutrients I am using general organics line. TheGrow Box. . Fox FAms OceaN forest With About 20% Perilite.. I started off with a plan Of 4 plants in a three and a half by three and a half scrog but one died. currently 2 days ago I treated with bAyEr Insect killer due to a root aphid Infestation. in my eyes the plants are looking good but again this is my first time ever growing my own medicine. currently I have three plants one is a pineapple skunk That's OnAbouT 28 DaysVeG. From.Seed. WaS Topped.At 4Th Node. Next Is A High Voltage . White Widow Kush Cross ThaT Is The Same Age N Topped.AtTheSameTiMe. Finally.I Have A Kush W.w Cross That WaAStarted A Week Later N Toped At 3Rd Node. .GoingTo Try AndPOst Pictures But MyPhone Is Fucked Up. Any Input WouldHelp. I'm.Thinking ABout SCrogINgI. Built Nets about 8 inches above the height of the 3 gallon pots. I am unsure what to do I was going to drop the nets once they reached but plant growth has seemed to slow down. I was thinking oF Veg. for another 10 to 15 days. should i repot in 5 gallon pots and drop the nEts once they reach the Nets Or just continue to grow straight up being as they are tOpped. I'm trying to salvage this grow and get the most yield as I can. 2 of my parts seem to dry out enough to water again after about 5 to 7 days one of them the smaller plant seems to be not dry enough after seven to eight days still but begins to wilt over
Phrase HElp..AnyInput Ideas. .

Re: help with first grow. please

IMG_20140731_114007_146.jpg

Should Take You To All Photos Here.... kxracer4life Gallery - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

I'm sorry I'm having a really hard time reading your first post. It's just a wall of text. I will try to help if you post your questions bit easier to read.

I have decided to grow my own medicine. currently I have a 4X4 tent with a 600 watt HPS and metal halide light That Is A Cool Tube. I Am using 3 gallon smart pots. TheFabricOnes. For nutrients I am using general organics line. Fox FAms OceaN forest soil With About 20% Perilite.. I started off with 4 plants in a three and a half by three and a half scrog but one died.
2 days ago I treated with bayer Insect killer due to a root aphid Infestation. in my eyes the plants are looking good but again this is my first time ever growing my own medicine. currently I have three plants one is a pineapple skunk That's About 28 DaysVeG. From.Seed. WaS Topped.At 4Th Node.
Next Is A High Voltage . White Widow Kush Cross ThaT Is The Same Age N topped At The 4Th node.

Finally.I Have A Kush W.w Cross That WaS Started A Week Later And Toped At 3Rd Node.
BB
. I'm.Thinking ABout Doing A Scrog . I built Nets about 8 inches above the height of the 3 gallon pots. I am unsure what to do . I was going to drop the nets oncE they reached The Plants but plant growth has seemed to slow down. I was thinking oF Veg. for another 10 to 15 days.

My Question Is should i repot in 5 gallon pots and drop the nEts once they reach the Nets Or just continue to grow straight up being as they are tOpped. I'm trying to salvage this grow and get the most yield as I can.
Also 2 of my pLants seem to dry out enough to water again after about 5 to 7 days one of them ...the smaller plantT... seems to be not dry enough eVen after seven to eight days still but begins to wilt over. AnyIdeasWhy? AlSo hOW do The Plants Look In ThePictures?
Phrase HElp..AnyInput Ideas. .

I'm sorry I'm having a really hard time reading your first post. It's just a wall of text. I will try to help if you post your questions a bit easier to read.

That's a little harsh isn't it?

kxracer: First thing I noticed is you're using FFOF, that's a little too hot to use for most seedlings. You may benefit from using normal potting soil for now.
You also shouldn't need to feed any nutrients when using soil for 3-4 weeks.

Second, your lighting. 600w HPS. How good is your ventilation in the cool tube, and what are your temps inside the tent?

I'm not familiar with Bayer insect killer, Could you tell me which product you used, specifically? And if you're growing medicinal Cannabis, or anything meant for human consumption, I would suggest using an organic pesticide in the future, like SNS.

I wasn't trying to be harsh, I just couldn't find the questions. I'm sorry if I offended you kxracer4life, I didn't mean to. I really couldn't grasp what you needed help with. I have an anxiety disorder and not being able to make out what you were asking was really stressful. I wanted to help you, but I didn't know what you were asking. That's the only reason I requested you to make your post a bit easier to read. No one had answered your post and I could tell you really needed some help.

I wouldn't worry about the screen right now. Once you put them in flower if you still want to scrog that's when I would put it over them.
I would also transplant them to the bigger pots. The bigger the pot the bigger the plant. Do you have a fan blowing directly on the plants? This will help a lot drying out your soil. You probably see pictures of other plants that are the same age but they're so much bigger. They are probably hydro plants, soil plants are usually a bit slower in growth. They look to be a decent size to me for soil grown. :peace:

I looked at the pictures in your gallery and your plants look pretty good to me! They're nice and bushy, you might not even need to use a screen on them. They're obviously getting plenty of light. I really think the bigger pots will help with your growth. Maybe let them veg another 3 weeks too, you'll have a much bigger harvest.

I understand where lyra is coming from ,its much harder to read when its all together ,i have problems reading when theres too much to take in at once you lose where you are .
Its much better

When it is broke down like this

It is much more easy to understand and it gets in your head that little bit better:peace:
Any way i can see the point :high-five:

Well guys, you know Cannabis is great for anxiety :)

I always smoke a little in the evening before I go through all my subscription posts, and the new grow questions, otherwise it gets overwhelming.

I do agree with Lyra on the screen though, that's why I didn't address that yet. There are a few other issues that need correction first, and I'm especially concerned about the pesticide he used.

Thank You All For The Replies. Here's An update. As.Of Today.

currently the plants are on a 20 and 4 Lighting schedule. now I know most people say a 24 hour straight or 18 and 6 Is the normal. I just thought 20 hours of waiting for hours of dark might accelerate veg little bit but still get the plant some rest time. just something I thought I would try out and document how it worked

I have 16 inch fan on it now but this week I plan on upgrading to a 12 inch oscillating fan.

current temperature is rIght between 76 and 84 degrees.

currently watering approximately every 5 days. still using the general organics go box for two waterings and then a third is just plain water

yesterday and today I did some light LST training just to spread the plants out and open up the middle for some light penetration

I also pruned a couple branches off the bottom of each plant just the bottom two that weren't receiving any light

I was considering repotting in To 5 gallon smart pots out of the 3 gallon smart pots are in but it seems like it might be difficult due to the roots may grow into the fabric on the bottom. 5

so my question is if I flip to flower in the next 12 days do you think the 3 gallon pots could support them all the way through flower or should I transplant??

also should I do any defoliation of any of the leaves before flower to open up for more light?

how dO these plans look to you guys so far??

when IFlip to flower is there any bloom accelerators I should use to pack on the body weight along with the general organics line??
I have my glasses and bud candy I was considering using.

also do you guys think I should put a screen over the top of these when I flip to flower or just continue with some basic LST considering they are still pretty flat on top.

thank you all again for the help and advice. I am going to try to update the photo journal now so you all can check the progress for some reason I can't get the photos to load here in this journal

I've read a lot that plants need a dark period, during which hormones are released for growth. So 20/4 18/6 as long as it has some rest you should be good.

It's going to be difficult transplanting 3 gallons.
3 gallons can support some strains fine. Other strains will want more room.

Defol is a personal choice. Some growers tuck leaves. Others use an aggressive defol technique.
I use both. I tuck everything I can, I cut what I can't.

Plants look good so far.

Unsure about bloom accelerators, I'm still experimenting myself to find what works.

I just used LST to achieve my flat canopy.

This should help you in getting pics into this journal: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

IMG_20140808_133729_800.jpg
IMG_20140808_133707_798.jpg

Put Th Girls Out.Side So I could clean up the tent a little bit. give them a little real sunlight and water Out Side So don't Have To Clean Up runoff

Pictures tell a thousand words.

Well it looks like you did some research before your first grow. Great start.

I would agree to back off on the nutes with a new hot soil. I had an issue due to the same thing. Hot soil and nutes. I use Growology now but did the general organics stuff last round under lights. Your soil will deplete in 3-4 weeks as stated earlier so try and adjust accordingly.

Defoliation: IMHO tuck and LST first. Some will need to go but just think of those big leaves as the solar panels to the roots.

Depending on how much time is left and how much size you want should help determine the pot size. I try and not transplant within 3-4 weeks of starting flowering. Once the roots hit the side of the pot they will slow down. Buds or roots. Roots feed the buds. It is just a balancing act.

BTW I grow all my plants in smart pots and do transplant. Currently I have 15, 7 and a couple in 3 gallon pots of various sizes.

15 gallon plants are currently 4-5 feet tall and 3-5 feet wide and just starting to flower. How big do you want to go?

If it were me I think I would move up to the 7 gallon size and let them run about 4 weeks then flip them over. Your plants look strong and healthy, let them go. Keep them spread out.

Back
Top Bottom