First Grow-Aero-Stealth Box

2 more hours until it's time to pull the plug! I can't wait to start seeing these ladies go into flower, almost everyones favorite part of the process. Watching you get this far I almost feel like I am flowering my own plants :)

Looking good here Sky! Keep a close eye on those roots too!

I'll be taking a seat with with you. Good Luck Sky ;)

Lights went off and I stole the 15 minute timer from the lights and reset it to fire up for a 15 minute clip every 2 hours, then replaced the one that controlled the hydro feed times, so now the hydro feeding is for 15 minutes every 2 hours instead of 30 minutes every 2 hours. The 30 minute timer will cycle the lights tomorrow night. Can't wait till week 3!! So excited!!

I have one, but not having an awesome time programming it, plus I felt 8 times per 24 hours wasn't enough spray time unless overly extended. Now I get 12 sprays with the CAP timer.

Allegedly, but I can't figure out how to program it and the instructions I find online all read the same way as the ones that came with the product.

Hydrofarm: 7 Day Dual Outlet Digital Timer

That's same one I am using Sky. While they do seem somewhat unconventional to operate, they are pretty simple to figure out. I'll try my best to explain: [video=youtube;MWxZeafxidA]
[/video]

Sorry the video is SIDEWAYS ;)

Thanks a shit ton AG! Being as though the E&F medium holds water longer than a spray to the roots, how long would you suggest I program the spray for? I've seen tutorials on YouTube where some growers spray indefinitely, but I don't want to do that. I dont want to under feed either. Any feedback?

Plan update. I didn't want to inundate the picture with dimensions so I just went with the general idea thus far. What yas think?

New_Grow_Space.JPG

Edit: Ceiling View also shows a system I will test before construction. It involves a baffling enclosure and a fan enclosure preceding an inline carbon filter. IMO this is the best use of space and should greatly dampen the noise produced by the fan. If too much suction is applied to the Veg room despite the sever angle that air would have to turn to exit, I will then use 2 opposing reducers to put a bottleneck in the series before entering the fan. The inline filter already works. This grow is proving that to me.

>>>Being as though the E&F medium holds water longer than a spray to the roots, how long would you suggest I program the spray for? I've seen tutorials on YouTube where some growers spray indefinitely, but I don't want to do that. I dont want to under feed either. Any feedback?

From research I know that you want to provide your roots with a healthy wet/dry cycle for maximum absorption of nutrients and growth, SO I would stay away from leaving the misters on indefinitely! As for exact time cycles, I am not all that sure, but I do remember reading a thread on here when I was deciding on which hydro system I would go with. If I remember correctly the poster suggested that shorter mist cycles of about 1-2 seconds in intervals of 1-2 minutes! I will try to find the thread and post it here. But since you only have a timer with increments of 1 minute I would run a few tests:

First I would run the misters for 1 minute at a time. Then I would time how long it takes the roots to dry/wilt and base my on/off timer on that. But that is just my opinion based on a healthy wet and dry cycle. But like I said I will try and find the article so you can decide what method works best for you!

>>>Plan update. I didn't want to inundate the picture with dimensions so I just went with the general idea thus far. What yas think?

Looking good there Sky. So for your ventilation, the two air flow arrows between the filter and the inline, is that where you plan on putting the two reducers? How many CFMs?

Possible reducers would go between the veg room and the inlet of the fan. This would decrease the amount of draw from the veg room and add that amount to draw from the flower room which is where the majority of heat and stink will be produced. Also want to point out that I will try to duct with PVC if possible. I'm not a big fan of ducting that makes turbulence or has visible weak spots. Assuming the heat is low enough, I will try to go with that. Might even have to put the fan after the carbon filter in series.

About the timer, I'm still not too comfortable with only 8 programmable events per 24 hour period. That would mean a 2-3 minute spray every 3 hours. With this CAP, I can power on for any 15 minute increment for the 24 hours. So now I spray for 15 and off for 1:45. I don't think that's too much juice, plus there is bout 2" on the bottom with 2 air stones in it.

>>>That would mean a 2-3 minute spray every 3 hours.

Damn, I did not even realize that you would need 288+ programs in order to run 2-3 minutes at a time and not dry out! I was so clouded about my own application of the timer that I did not even take this into consideration. Maybe you should look into something like THIS. It's a cycle/delay timer which does not take the 'current time' into consideration. Think of it as a stopwatch that keeps on lapping itself.

The only reason I still mentioned the other timer is because I found the thread I was looking into. The user uses high pressure aero and utilizes less than 50nm micro sprayers and very short 'spray' times. Read through it and tell me what you think. (Mind you that the journal was abandoned)

High Pressure Aeroponicsl

Thanks bro. Been to this thread in the past, but am gonna give it another perusal.

I think I got pythium. I inspected the roots of the 3 sites closets to the soil plant and all 3 were a pretty dark tan color like lo mein. The tops look average except for one of the clones, that top looks fantastic. From what I understand about pythium in a closed system like this is that if one plant falls, it takes the rest with. So I guess I have a tough choice to make;
a) try to save the best one or two if the roots still have some white to them
b) scrap the whole hydro grow and save the nutes.

I'm not too bent out of shape about it, it was a learning experience. Does anyone out there have any specific knowledge about pythium in a closed hydroponic system? Need some wisdom to help make the choice. I'll get some pics shortly.

I went in to take pics and holy shit batman, lo mein everywhere. I took down the hydro system completely and am trying to salvage the best looking of the clones. It's roots look pretty bad and I don't think I'll be buying any DMZ this week as I got many bills that already called "divs" on my check. I made a small little DWC out of a chinese soup bowl to hopefully hold it over for the night. Tomorrow I will come up with a decent game plan and once again change out the nutes with clean nutes and water. Upon tearing the sky grower apart, I found dropped roots floating in the res, both top and bottom ones. Anyways, here's the pictures of the carnage and salvage attempt. I'm going to bed. Good night :420:

DSCF13492.JPG
DSCF13502.JPG
DSCF13512.JPG
DSCF13522.JPG
DSCF13532.JPG
DSCF13542.JPG
DSCF13552.JPG

Allegedly, but I can't figure out how to program it and the instructions I find online all read the same way as the ones that came with the product.

Hydrofarm: 7 Day Dual Outlet Digital Timer
Let me ask you a Question: Could you not get that thing to work at all? I purchased the same exact timer & after what I thought was setting it correctly it wouldn't function. I spent about 3hrs fiddling with it before I gave up & just went back out & picked up the mechanical one.

African Grower made a video and posted it in this thread on how to properly set it.

Yes, I noticed. I'll downloaded it for future references. But for now I'll stick with the mechanical one, it's set & running fine.
IMG_20130916_131241.jpg

I have one of these timers aswell, and another 30min interval one for the PC box. The mechanical timers are much more simpler ;)

WOW Sky! I didnt realize that it could set in that quickly! When did you start noticing the 'lo mien' coloring? Did you already try using the H2O2, I thought that was working for you?

Back
Top Bottom