First Grow - Almost over but suddenly problems - Please help!

Philosophy420

Hello guys,

This is the first time I am growing. and my plant is in the 8th week of flowering.

Everything was going perfect until 3-4 days ago. the plant was perfectly healthy and the buds were getting bigger and denser with more trichomes.

The temperature of my grow box was always about 24-5 degrees Celsius (75-77 Fahrenheit) but the past 3 days the weather outside become very hot and although I have 6 fans inside the box, the temperature became about 28-29 C (83 F ). I also flushed the plant 3 days ago for the first time, with 700ml of plain water.

I only used tiny amounts of nutrients in the vegetation stage and no nutes in the flowering and the plant was doing just fine. in the past 3 days most of my leaves have curled inwards and the tips are becoming dry and curling down.

please look at the photos and tell me what should I do ?!! Im so worried, The plant was growing so nice and just 1 week before harvest it suddenly became like this. please advise me what to do !!!

thank uuuuuu all.:Namaste:

2015_03_16_020.jpg

2015_03_16_019.jpg

2015_03_16_022.jpg

2015_03_16_023.jpg

Re: First Grow, Almost over but suddenly problems !! please helpppp :(

this is heat stress man as far as i know, and as u said its getting hot wher u are in the past few days so it would make sence too. juat make an air flow in one way and out the other so the heats not building up. and maby a couple of ice cubes around might help in front of a fan on the ground blowing at a few cubes in a tray. they melt kinda quick tho so dont keep tho to close to the fan and close together might help keep cold:thumb:

Thanks for the reply, Ill try ur advice and put some ice cubes inside the grow box and see what happens.

I vegged it for about 4 weeks. i used 4 CFL lights during the veg (40w each). added 2 more CFL lights during flowering , 25w each, but since 3 days ago when this happened , i remove 2 lamps so back to 4.

I had a package of seeds from netherlands which contained 3 strains : God Bud, Skunk#1, Lionsheart. so I dont know which one of them this one is. I actually would like to know which strain it is.

The plant looked very nice untill 3-4 days ago. here are some photos before it started having problems:

2015_03_03_002.jpg

2015_03_13_017.jpg

2015_03_14_013.jpg

2015_03_14_018.jpg

The plant looked very nice , especially given the fact that I almost gave no nutes since the very beginning, only 5 drops inside a 1.5 liters of water only for a few weeks. and my lamps sucked too, so given all this , it grew very nice. i hope that it will recover in the next few days before harvest.

I say you medium is soaked since flushing and not enough oxygen getting to the roots. Open some side holes on your pot if you can, to get airflow to the roots.

Thanks for the advice. Ill do that too. will it hurt the plant if i slightly scratch some of the roots of the plant ?

No they will be fine. If you look at Nursery pots they cut them at the bottom on the sides of the pots for airflow/drainage. I think it works better than just holes on the bottom. Yesterday I cut additional side holes on mine because after my first flush i noticed the pot was staying heavy longer than it should and i noticed a leaf that looked "water logged".

I have 2 plants at 6 wks into flower and the only thing i have given them for nutes is Coconut Water. :thumb:

i'd leave it be. being so close to harvest day i wouldn't anything drastic. good looking plant!

Hello guys,

This is the first time I am growing. and my plant is in the 8th week of flowering.

Everything was going perfect until 3-4 days ago. the plant was perfectly healthy and the buds were getting bigger and denser with more trichomes.

The temperature of my grow box was always about 24-5 degrees Celsius (75-77 Fahrenheit) but the past 3 days the weather outside become very hot and although I have 6 fans inside the box, the temperature became about 28-29 C (83 F ). I also flushed the plant 3 days ago for the first time, with 700ml of plain water.

I only used tiny amounts of nutrients in the vegetation stage and no nutes in the flowering and the plant was doing just fine. in the past 3 days most of my leaves have curled inwards and the tips are becoming dry and curling down.

please look at the photos and tell me what should I do ?!! Im so worried, The plant was growing so nice and just 1 week before harvest it suddenly became like this. please advise me what to do !!!

thank uuuuuu all.:Namaste:

Howdy Philosophy. As you are only a week away from harvest and would have been flushing at this stage anyway, there is nothing to really panic about. Give her water if she needs it but hold off on all nutes and additives, cos no matter what happens you will get a great harvest from what looks like a great first effort. :goodjob:

wow ,what a nice job for a first timer,and no nutes to wow.i to would just leave it be,as you are at the end,if it continues to get hot at that canopy level,then move the lights up a few inches.83 never gives me problems at the canopy .it maybe the natural process of the plant,as the plant nears the end of its flower cycle they tend to start to lose there leaves .I am really impressed none the less my friend,as you pulled of a damn near perfect plant for your first time.

Thanks to everyone who replied, I followed your advises , the plant seems to be doing ok for now, the problems have not progressed.

Can anyone identify which strain it is ? its either Godbud, Skunk#1 or Lionsheart. Im not sure which one.
2015_03_17_020.jpg

Back
Top Bottom