First Grow - Amnesia - Critical Super Silver Haze - SleeSkunk

Runnamuk

Hey All, This is my first serious grow indoors. I have done 2 in the past and currently one still going but isn't looking the best. It is an outside grow and I have experimented a bit and learned through some mistakes and now have taken a serious path to growing. Unfortantly had some good seeds that I got through Southern Star Seeds that I was hoping to clone but won't anymore cause they aren't the best.

So atm my setup isn't finished and is somewhat dodgy haha. I am using a 130W 6500K CFL Light with reflector but will be adding more. Also have a 400W HPS for flowering. I have done a simple DIY CO2 Generator which just includes yeast, suger and a few bottles with 3mm pipe which is then hooked up behind my little fan which then blow's the CO2 around my grow room. I have also stuck silver wrap around my room (not fully finished) So the light can reflect off. Will be adding a exhaust system soon, just trying to find a nice quiet one that I think will work.

My Amnesia Feminized Strain From World Of Seeds I started about 2 weeks ago and it is looking pretty good. I Sprouted them directly from Jiffy Pellets until I saw the roots appearing out of the medium, I was watering with PH balanced tap water that has been left outside for a few days when the pellet appeared to be drying up and added Seasol prob about 1/4 the recommended strength when the plant grew it's second true set of leaves. I then planted into Searles Organic soil which it says is PH Balanced to 6-7 which I added some Go-Go Juice Prior to planting. Also have added Dolomite Lime and a pinch of Epsom Salts, have added maybe about 20% Perlite also. I will be doing a organic grow until I get to know the plant more.

My Critical Super Silver Haze Feminized and SleeSkunks Regular I have only just planted the seed into the jiffy pellet yesterday and waiting for them to germinate. So I have 1 Amnesia, 2 Critical Super Silver Haze and 4 SleeSkunks (Also have a THC Bomb, Pineapple Chunk, Northern Light and OG Kush I will be planting soon). I will be adding pictures soon to show you my setup so far, no where near finished and also picture of my Amnesia.

I thought I would start a journal as it would help me keep track off everything and also get help from fellow growers. Anyway this is my first post but by the looks of things am glad to join the community. :)

Peace

20141014_185850.jpg

This is the Amnesia at about 2 weeks old.
20141014_185842.jpg

20141014_185830.jpg

20141014_185742.jpg

The CO2 Getting sucked into my fan'
20141014_185738.jpg

The CO2 Reactor
20141014_185230.jpg

The Grow Room Itself (No Way near finished)

I also forgot to add that the Temperature of the room is from 75-85 and the Humidity is about 35-50%. Will be getting a tray of wet perlite with the fan blowing over it to keep the humidity above 45% hopefully! lol.

Having some trouble with my plant drooping. I watered it I think 3 days ago and the pot still feels a tad heavy so I don't think it needs water. I live in Australia and right now is prime growing season here but it's a cold ass day would that cause the plant to droop? Hopefully someone can help us out. I'll upload a few pictures soon.

Peace

20141015_111255.jpg

Could this be overwatering? Last time I watered was 3 days ago and iys just gone downhill. Also the same day I transplanted the jiffy pellet in the soil... mhmm got me buggered.
20141015_111223.jpg

Have just watered with 6.5ph water till I got a small amount of runoff. The runoff was at about 7ph. Hope this helps brings it back 2 live :/

Quick question. How many plants is recommended under a 400w hps? So keen to germ my northern lights, THC BOMB, og kush and pineapple chunk but not sure if i have to many as is for flowering... anyway hopefully ill get some advise soon, been hard to find answers on here..

I dont think so. The only knob on the ballest I can see is the fuse. I played around with that once but kinda nearly blew the ballest up haha. Its a growlush 400w hps

I would start with five or six plants depending on your available space. And I wouldn't ever touch that fuse again :laughtwo: just leave room to flower them all, you've got to account for height of plants and light drop. I didn't account for any of that and I accidentally made an awesome veg box.

I was planning on a 6 week veg but will be topping and LSTing these girls I think cause of their sativa dominate and the lack of vertical space. Thanks for the info might just stick these out for now and germ my others late into flower.

plants bouncing back and not cupping as much. I think it might be nitrogen toxicity but seem to be overcoming it and growth has still been amazing.
10736149_364004773773841_2045025589_n.jpg

10733544_364002553774063_715570818_n.jpg

10728747_364002590440726_736192054_n.jpg

can see here the first set of leaves yellowing up, just bout to hit the veg phase :)
10726798_364002487107403_1478170457_n.jpg

Also one of my Sleeskunks are appearing through the peat pellet!! Others should be to in the next few days im hoping.

everything is going pretty good so far for the first 3 weeks for a new grower. will keep the updates coming along.

peace

Good news everyone!!! Have 100% germination straight from peat pellets! :) 4 of my SleeSkunk Regular's and 2 Critical Super Silve Haze Feminized are now pockin their heads above the surface... Seems like this grow will be a sativa dom mix, next grow it will be mostly indica dominate's... Looking forward to see how these new girls pump along...

Peace

Day 24 of the Grow
So I'm In quite a good mood today, seeing all my babie's pop their heads through the peat pellets :) Makes a father feel proud haha.

Also I think the soil my Amnesia Feminized is in is just a tad to hot. I can see the plant has signs of nitrogen toxicity... There is some Claw Action going on aswell as the top growth tends to looks a bit more dark green and the older growth seems to be going yellow... Barely anyway. So im just about to give this girl a flush and see how she goes. Here's some pictures though so what do you's think??
20141018_220453.jpg

20141018_220437.jpg

20141018_220356.jpg

These are my SleeSkunk Regular.
20141018_220615.jpg

These are my Critical Super Silver Haze Feminized.
20141018_220647.jpg

Have also added a Sticky trap just for safe measures.

So I now know when I transplant my others into the soil I will be cutting it with some peat moss just so its not as hot.

Hoping this flush fixes things up but ill keep the updates coming :)

Update on flush, ran 4L of phed water through the 140mm pot. First runoff reading was an outstanding 1103ppm!!! No wonder why she's a bit dark green haha. The last runoff was 535 ppm. Is this low enough for a 3 1/2 week plant?? I just didn't want to overdo it. Some info on this would be great.

Peace.

Thanks joegrower.

Well the Amnesia is looking a lot more perky today, the leaves at the top aren't clawing anymore and appears to be not as dark of a green. Looks like the flush did it some good. Prob won't water for near a week seeing as the soil is pretty wet. The veg room is about 85F degree's and about 35% humidity, will be trying to raise the humidity tomorrow with some perlite in a tray of water. It's coming into nearly summer now so its gonna be hard to keep the room temps down I dare say. I still haven't added a exhaust system yet, but that isn't to far off just trying to get some money together for it lol..

The Amnesia's first set of leaves are pretty much about to fall off so we are just about to hit veg stage!!!! Now the fun begins haha. My seedlings are also pumping along, the jiffy pellets tend to dry out real quick so watering them can sometimes be a hassle. Will be applying some seasol in the next day or two at a very diluted rate and see how the young seedlings react to that. Only seaweed extracts really so It shouldn't burn... I hope haha.

The grow seems to be going quite good so far, learning and encountering new things everyday and I just love growing these wonderful plants. Plus im sick of buying this chemical ridden weed around town that just gives me a headache, or just buying shit weed all together haha so im hoping to grow some good organic buds for myself :p I'm more of a Indica sort of block but these seeds were free from when I bought my indica's, most of them are about 70% Sativa and 30% Indica's so I want to experiment with them before I plant my goodies which are all Indica Dominate.

Will Upload some pictures soon of my girls to show you their progress so far :)

Peace

Back
Top Bottom