infam0us420

First let me fill in a few answers for you to start with..

What Strain is it? Wite Widow
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?Hybrid
How Many Plants?2 in intervals
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor?Fidge Grow (size is about 3/4 a normal size)
Soil or Hydro?Would Like Some Input
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?3 CFL 42 watt 6700 lum I think for VEG and going to try 6 on lower part of fridge for Flower stage
Is it Air Cooled?no
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
RH of Room/Cabinet?
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
Any Pests?no
How Often are you Watering?Would Like Input
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Would Like Input
Size or Square Footage of Room?Veg about 2x2 Flower area about 4x2

Hey guys let me start off by saying that this site is a great resource center for us serious starters and I thank you for that. I have also read and done a few google searches, and read several forums in order to educate myself before I throw out to many noob questions.

I plan on creating as detailed journal in your section on how to fabricate a stealth grow fridge since it is the best option for me at the moment because of the kiddos not to catch on and for the respect of the MRS who also has a problem with my mistress:Namaste: lol. With some of your guys help and with the information given (and I plan on upgrading light to HID or LED after a few grows) you guys tink of any problems and solutions that I may come across.

The fridge is in the garage and since the winter here will get the room tempeture to 40 or below, wha should I consider to heat the fridge safely?

Should I gut the fridge completely? Or leave it with the interior intact ( I know that gutting it will add muc need space but I like the door panel to hold the nuts and the bottom drawers for storage)

What type of material should I use to wall paper the interior that will help reflect the light?

What type of pest if any should I worry about?

Are computer fans appropriate if I use 1 intake and 2 exhaust for the veg and 2 intake and 3 exhaust for the flowering?

Would pics of the fridge help?( can post it in a few if really needed just dont feel like asking where the camera is from the wifey since I am baked lol)

All hardware will be installed in the back of the fridge and the motor and components of the fridge will be gutted.

What is the best way to train the plant so that it grows horizontal as well as tall? keep in mind the height will be roughly 4 ft?

Sorry for any mis-typed words as my lappy keys are failing and will be fixed in the next few weeks.

References I have read from here are:
First CFL Grow In Soil - OG Kush - Wiw!
Best Type Of CFL To Use?

and a few completed journals that I didnt think of saving the url but were very helpful I have also seen a few youtube vid's but I wont post as I am not sure of the policy of using other links..

Any way thanks ahead of time for allthe help.

Any nice cheap way of building a hydroponic system or is soil my best option?

Re: First Grow and Would Like Input..??

Kudos on reading before posting and posting properly. Also welcome ;)

I would gut the fridge honestly. If you've never grown I'd encourage soil to get used to the botany of the plant first.

Most of your questions can be answer by reading through this: How to Grow Cannabis - Everything You Need to Know!

You can use panda paper for lining the fridge, it's great for reflection and pretty inexpensive.

Fridge not often seen used for a stealth grow but on occassion ya do see em :thumb:

I'd more likely leave it intact just adds value to the stealth appearance & would more likely place vents at the back of unit as not to ruin stealth appearance.

Fridge may well have good insulation properties due to their design features... a suitable light source should be the question as not to generate to much heat... this may be a problem ?

If using a 250w mh/hps an air cooled hood should be considored if it will fit inside of the fridge others wise you are looking at cfl's.

Due to limited height issue's style of grow will be important... sog or scrog may be an option !

Soil is more forgiving for the first time grower where as hydro & all the PPM/EC/PH adjustments, mainly daily adds to greater maintenance 'n' head ache.

I thought i'd through in my 2 cents.... I am new as well i am 3 weeks into my first HYDRO DWC and i am having by far, much more success. i am not questioning "fuzzy duck" i know, for me,i have treid 3 soil attempts, i do admit the $ put into the soil attempts vs this dwc is by far less. I like that i can "control my plant daily if need be" as a newbie its my opinion which may change next week but IMO hydro works better for me.. you sound like you have done reasearch and have a good idea as far as what to do. this is my GHETTO SETUP that i was taken advantage of and paid like 2 bills for a pre-fab sys and after set up i see it and can build same and larger system for 1/4 the price and look much cleaner.
IMG_012118.JPG

I wanna rebuild after current grow, I want a S.O.G AND I WILL MAKE MY SYSTEM TO MUCH MORE USER FRIENDLY. i SHOULD HAVE PLANNED BUT HAVE SUM SUCCCESS I THINK: HERE IS 2 O
IMG_011725.JPG
IMG_011420.JPG

WEEK 3 BEGINING OF:
you maybe able to help me!!! opinions?

You should be able to run a 250w or a 400w in the fridge. The key will be to keep good ventilation constantly recycling the air. And using a cool tube should keep the heat under control. Take a look at my grow journal and you'll see how I have mine vented. I actually needed to put a heater in there because the temps were too low.

Thaks for the advice guys. I am looking into scrog leaning more towards th but I am still having a hard time figuring out were to put the zip ties in order to train the plant. I have decided to gut the fridge t get al theinner space I can get from it. Also not sure how important it is for me to invest in a CO2 setup.

Im actually ging to get the hardware today and if my homie has the time will be fabricating the fridge today. I will start a Journal as soon as I get ahead or at first signs of problem. Im on worker comp so the investment partwill be the hardest as I plan on sarting with a poor mans grow.

Also I plan on growing 2plants to start but one will be left vegging for much further then the first. My question is the 1st plant will be grown as quik as possible what would be the fastest way to get from seeding to harvest with the white widow strain using soil and CFL's?

?
Thaks for the advice guys. I am looking into scrog leaning more towards th but I am still having a hard time figuring out were to put the zip ties in order to train the plant. I have decided to gut the fridge t get al theinner space I can get from it. Also not sure how important it is for me to invest in a CO2 setup.

Im actually ging to get the hardware today and if my homie has the time will be fabricating the fridge today. I will start a Journal as soon as I get ahead or at first signs of problem. Im on worker comp so the investment partwill be the hardest as I plan on sarting with a poor mans grow.

Also I plan on growing 2plants to start but one will be left vegging for much further then the first. My question is the 1st plant will be grown as quik as possible what would be the fastest way to get from seeding to harvest with the white widow strain using soil and CFL's?

How many CFL bulbs should I use. After reading the cfl tutorial I am thinking 4 - 6 in veg and 6-8 in flowering. in theveg stage i have 1 1/2 ft by 1 1/2 ft and flowering I have 1 1/2ft in width and about 5 feet in hieght.

What would you guys recommend?

?
How many CFL bulbs should I use. After reading the cfl tutorial I am thinking 4 - 6 in veg and 6-8 in flowering. in theveg stage i have 1 1/2 ft by 1 1/2 ft and flowering I have 1 1/2ft in width and about 5 feet in hieght.

What would you guys recommend?

For the price of the wiring, sockets, bulbs etc ... it's almost cheaper just to get a HPS or MH.

You can get a 250w reflector, ballast and light "all in one" unit for about 100 bucks.

infam0us420, i am also a first time grower currently on my 42 day of veg. Until they were over a foot i had my ladies in a old unused fridge, my setup is BUDGET, But my plants are still successful and pretty big. I am doing a soil grow, three single lamps with fairly inexpensive bulbs and hand water, also constructed my own Co2 generator so not to tear the fridge up to much. As for heat i ran 2 90watt led that produce little to no heat, and 1 90 watt High intensity. The fridge if you dont tear it up to bad will hold heat super surprisingly well.

I am by no means an expert but if you got more questions about it i might have what you need
Here was my fridge setup (like i said budget and janky) i will post pics of what my girls look like now in there new house on my journal
The fridge did well for me.
Photo_on_2012-11-06_at_14_13.jpg
Photo_on_2012-11-13_at_20_57.jpg
Breaking My V-Card

This site rocks for first timers, i wouldn't have made it this far without these guys help

:Namaste:
infam0us420, i am also a first time grower currently on my 42 day of veg. Until they were over a foot i had my ladies in a old unused fridge, my setup is BUDGET, But my plants are still successful and pretty big. I am doing a soil grow, three single lamps with fairly inexpensive bulbs and hand water, also constructed my own Co2 generator so not to tear the fridge up to much. As for heat i ran 2 90watt led that produce little to no heat, and 1 90 watt High intensity. The fridge if you dont tear it up to bad will hold heat super surprisingly well.

I am by no means an expert but if you got more questions about it i might have what you need
Here was my fridge setup (like i said budget and janky) i will post pics of what my girls look like now in there new house on my journal
The fridge did well for me.
Photo_on_2012-11-06_at_14_13.jpg
Photo_on_2012-11-13_at_20_57.jpg
Breaking My V-Card

This site rocks for first timers, i wouldn't have made it this far without these guys help
Man I am glad my thread caught your eye. I will deff be picking your brain and as well as focusing some time reading your Journal. I think for the veg stage I will have the most problems not because of the heat but of the cold I live in a climate that changes each time you go out. For example tonight we will hit a low of 47 but in the day we hit 74. The humidity is around 87 and 94 percentile. I am also interested in you CO2 setup but I will head now to your journal for research :thumb::Namaste:

Im going to say it again, I am no expert by any means. If you just have two plans growing and different rates it should be fine for the space. It was kind hard to read some of the small font but it looks like you got this planned out very well. My setup was all interior, no cutting out holes in the interior or anything. To me (the not expert) it looks like you might be overdoing it with the fans. I had only one hanging 9" desk fan which worked wonderfully, temps stayed very constant usually above 80. The Led bulbs worked very good. The biggest flaw with mine was the room (but i was working with 3 plants) and humidity. Mine not having any vents got pretty humid and needed to be aired out about every 6 hours. The only worry is you mentioned it was cold and to much ventilation may be problem.

Im only basing all this thru the hours of reading on this website and personal experience with mine. You look like you put way more thought into yours then when i started mine (kinda overwhelmed) it looks really solid man. You got any questions ask away and good luck to ya man

Thanks for the advice
Im going to say it again, I am no expert by any means. If you just have two plans growing and different rates it should be fine for the space. It was kind hard to read some of the small font but it looks like you got this planned out very well. My setup was all interior, no cutting out holes in the interior or anything. To me (the not expert) it looks like you might be overdoing it with the fans. I had only one hanging 9" desk fan which worked wonderfully, temps stayed very constant usually above 80. The Led bulbs worked very good. The biggest flaw with mine was the room (but i was working with 3 plants) and humidity. Mine not having any vents got pretty humid and needed to be aired out about every 6 hours. The only worry is you mentioned it was cold and to much ventilation may be problem.

Im only basing all this thru the hours of reading on this website and personal experience with mine. You look like you put way more thought into yours then when i started mine (kinda overwhelmed) it looks really solid man. You got any questions ask away and good luck to ya man

Back
Top Bottom