First Grow: Auto White Widow LED Soil

Cplchris

Hi everyone. As this is my first grow please take it easy on me! Looking for any tips to help me along the way. The following is my setup:

-2x4x5’8” gorilla tent.
-2 300w LED Viparspectra lights with timer.
- vortex 4s carbon filter with 400 series vortex inline fan. Day/night controller
- 2 - 5 gallon fabric pots with mycorrhizae medium.
- nutrplus nutrients.
- nutrient and ph tester.
- 4” fan

I’m currently running my lights on a 20/4 cycle.

I have germinated 2 white widow autoflower and just planted them yesterday. My temp is 74 degrees with rh of 40%. I had to use a heater and humidifier to bring temp and rh up in the room.

Will post pics as my plants grow. Please any comments are welcome. Thank you.

Just one light for now. Add the other around day 30 from seed. You need to regulate rH with a controller. The controller will turn on the humidifier when low and the fan if too high. Pics help even when no sight of plants. Seedlings need almost zero nutrients until well rooted, 14 days. Cheers!

Thanks Nunyabiz. I will try to get my rh up that high..... hopefully my humidifier will get me there. As for the lights, what would you recommend? I’ll use these for my first grow but am willing to upgrade later on. Thanks again.

All depends on what you want to spend.
A top LED that's dimmable from 240 to 500w like one of the HLG Quantum lights is about $1000.

The Viparspectras are usually a bit higher in the blue spectrum which is good for Veg.
You could get a Mars Hydro 96 which is 200w and is higher red spectrum so together they make a nice blend and get you about 460w spread between 3 lights.

Mind if I join? Is it too late to get 3 gallon fabric pots instead of 5? Autos are really happy in 3 gallon pots. 5 is just a waste of soil and you will tend to overwater easily. Just my 2 cents.... And the light thing... The WW autos I've grown get massive so you will need bigger lights.... Good luck and get some pics up and keep up on your journal and don't be scared to ask questions man. :passitleft:

Thanks guys... I am going to buy a controller to regulate my RH as my humidifier is running all the time now. I will try this grow with the lights I have but will look into something a little better for next time depending on how this one goes. As for the 3 gallon pots, I have already planted in 5 gallon but good advice for next time as that would save soil, room and watering. Love all the great comments/advice.

HLG 260 works well in a 2x4 grow area in my case. $305. to my door w minor bent and scratch issues not noticeable. on their website.

Here are a few pics. The seeds broke ground today. My rh is only at 40% but I can’t seem to get it higher. I started with the humidifier outside the tent but now have it inside. Still not going up much. Temp is 24 Celsius.

Attachments

• F62F3596-AF97-4DAE-B887-D21ED9ECE87A.jpeg
    F62F3596-AF97-4DAE-B887-D21ED9ECE87A.jpeg
    597.7 KB · Views: 187
  • F704F255-0196-40A5-A94F-9D93FCCEDD35.jpeg
    F704F255-0196-40A5-A94F-9D93FCCEDD35.jpeg
    605.8 KB · Views: 190
  • BE65A563-F83A-441E-8E46-2C53E03DBF0C.jpeg
    BE65A563-F83A-441E-8E46-2C53E03DBF0C.jpeg
    784.3 KB · Views: 197
  • DA746E48-CB27-41C7-B476-E01E428E40B8.jpeg
    DA746E48-CB27-41C7-B476-E01E428E40B8.jpeg
    424.8 KB · Views: 182
  • D8C25F37-59E0-4230-9D37-5B42BA109D2D.jpeg
    D8C25F37-59E0-4230-9D37-5B42BA109D2D.jpeg
    633.4 KB · Views: 185
Hi all... so I put my humidifier inside the grow tent and I’m at about 40% rh now. When the lights go off it gets to 50% but quickly goes down when they come back on. I also put a bowl of water and wet towels in the grow area. From what I am reading, most are saying this won’t be a huge factor.... I probably need to relax!

Thanks man! My eyes are starting to bleed from all the reading! This place is an amazing source of knowledge...
Tell me about it. I messed up so many times and reading here helped me out to much. Also if your not sure dont be shy just ask so many people have so much info to give.

Hey oneofthree...... just curious what you think of how I’m watering. I soaked the area maybe 6 inches around the seedlings... should I do this each day? The area around the plants dries up quickly! About every 8 hrs or so
If found the easiest way to check is to feel down an inch or so in the soil. If its damp to the touch leave watering a day or two.

Just as a FYI in case anyone is thinking of trying Living Organic Soil, no-till.
DO NOT let your soil ever dry out, do exactly the opposite of how everyone seems to water regular soil in small plastic pots.
If you let your LOS dry out you've just killed it, won't make your worms too happy either.
If you're in straight coco it also needs to be watered daily maybe even twice a day as it doesn't like being dry either.

So this wet and dry cycle watering only pertains to regular soil, especially soil that's heavy and doesn't have proper drainage of at least 30% aeration especially if it's in plastic pots which don't breathe and hold water.
It's also not good for seedlings to dry out at all for at least the first 10 days need to stay moist, no drying out.

Back
Top Bottom