First Grow! Autoflower Outdoors UK Any Advice

Hey Kushgod, you talk about light deprivation and I get why it's needed but how do I go about that when the plants are ready to flower. Is it complete 24hour darkness or do they still need some light? I've searched for a couple threads on here about if but there ain't too much. Thanks

You simply move the plants into complete darkness for 12 hours at night then return them to the sunshine 12 hours later. So say 7am - 7pm out in the garden and then 7pm - 7am in complete darkness. I use and 6ft x 6ft x 8ft aluminium shed. I've also lightproofed it to stop any light leaks which is of upmost importance and installed fans and ventilation for fresh air supply. You can simply place them in a dark room for 12 hours if you can't create a flowering chamber but it has to be totally lightproof, not even a crack of light can get to those plants during dark hours or you risk hermaphrodites, you don't want that. It's very simple really and I highly recommend light dep in tricky climates especially

420-magazine-mobile1086143927.jpg

You simply move the plants into complete darkness for 12 hours at night then return them to the sunshine 12 hours later. So say 7am - 7pm out in the garden and then 7pm - 7am in complete darkness. I use and 6ft x 6ft x 8ft aluminium shed. I've also lightproofed it to stop any light leaks which is of upmost importance and installed fans and ventilation for fresh air supply. You can simply place them in a dark room for 12 hours if you can't create a flowering chamber but it has to be totally lightproof, not even a crack of light can get to those plants during dark hours or you risk hermaphrodites, you don't want that. It's very simple really and I highly recommend light dep in tricky climates especially

Ok thanks, luckily I bought a shed a couple months ago that is totally unused so I'll get to work preparing it for flowering time and sealing it up against any leaks. How long would you normally do that cycle for, about a month or just until there are some nice juicy buds? I currently have 3x blackberry kush growing.

I didn't realise they were auto, no light deprivation needed with auto plants they do their thing whatever they are under. The more light the better with autos. Only photoperiod seeds need the 12/12 thing. I don't think I read the thread properly lol

It depends how many weeks the strain needs to finish. The flowering times and strain info should have been provided with the seeds. Anyway it's easy enough without that info but you will need to turn to the pistils and trichomes to judge ripeness. You're looking for anything between 70-90% of the pistils withered/brown and between 10-30% still white and you are looking for milky to amber trichomes. Depending on what high you want, mostly milky trichs give a more energetic soaring high and a few milky and most amber give you a more couch lock 'dopey' high. The plant will tell you when she's ready through those trichomes and pistils.

I have done autos outdoors in Canada my area also has a humid seasion , a few tips with the autos is to get them in there final pot 3-5 gallon you want to minimize transplant shock , I also recommend a 3 part soil mix worked great for me , equal parts of compost , perlite and peat moss or coco coier water them with decloranated water and add compost tea every other watering

Back
Top Bottom