First Grow: Autoflowers in Coco using Canna, Feeding Schedule

oldblue13

420 Member
Hi All,

First off - apologies if this has been hit on a previous post, I have read through a lot but I am struggling to get my mind around my feeding schedule.

Just a bit about me, this is my first grow, I live in the UK but set my heater/humidifier up with thermostats to keep everything around 70% humidity and 27%c temp. I have germinated my seeds successfully, transplanted into coco and they are sprouting nicely.

I naively bought a kit to grow which included some CANNA COCO Pro Plus, I know now (too late) that I should be growing in soil for my first grow but already paid for everything including my nutrients.

I am using 10litre grow bags, I have done a 60/40 split of coco and perlite and using an LED light.

What's really throwing me is amounts for the feeding schedule, absolutely terrified of killing the plants - I can't find a set answer on how much water each pot should be getting daily once I hit late seedling stage (second week) and from veg onwards. I have the full range of CANNA nutrients: A&B, Rhizotonic, Cannazym, PK and Boost, also have a bottle of CALMAG.

My understanding is that I start feeding on my second week but for the life of me I cannot find the amount of water per plant (not combined) should be getting mixed with 1/4 of the recommended dose on the Nutes for next week. Is anyone able to assist me in getting out of this spiral of madness?! Also - is it a case of just feeding twice a week? I have used the CANNA feeding guide tool but not sure if I'm missing the 'how much water' part....

This could just be me over complicating the process or just my stupidity with failing to understand the amounts but any help would be massively appreciated.

*Edit* Growing 2 Auto Stawdawg seeds and 1 Auto Pink Lemonade

Thanks,

Blue.

Hi Blue - getting the coco kit was not a mistake, it was a touch of serendipity
All you need at seedling stage is Rhizo in small doses
Do not let coco dry out, water to 10-20% run off to keep it moist throughout
You have added perlite which is not necessary in coco, so you will need to be watering more frequently, twice daily
Start adding A+B / CalMag when the plant has first proper leaves
Lifting the pot and judging the weight is the simplest way to gauge the water content - hard to overwater in coco as it will not hold more than 60% water and watering draws in oxygen to the root zone
Autos need plenty of nutes in veg and will start showing pistils after around 4-6 weeks
Then reduce the A+B dosage (2-3 ml/L) and use the PK for a week or so with CalMag + Boost
Citric acid is better than Phosphoric acid for pH down in my experience (pH 5.8 - 6.2)
You will fast come to realise why Canna/Coco was a blessing in disguise

Im a coco grower and i feed in coco right from the of.I do use shogun i also never let me plants dry out in coco.
Unless i have some type of issue or trying to play games with roots. CoCo grows are a commitment unless you setup
a feeding system get a feel for your ladies its ruff guide the feeding chart i never get to the level shogun recommend.
But i do feed daily in veg to 20% run of and when i feel they need it at lights out again to 20% run of.In flower i feed twice aday lights on and of again to run of and if i feel the need maybe even 3 times a few times aweek.Its very hard to over water in coco. Check out Bill284 grow now i tagged him he might chime in. And mine might help some.

Im a coco grower and i feed in coco right from the of.I do use shogun i also never let me plants dry out in coco.
Unless i have some type of issue or trying to play games with roots. CoCo grows are a commitment unless you setup
a feeding system get a feel for your ladies its ruff guide the feeding chart i never get to the level shogun recommend.
But i do feed daily in veg to 20% run of and when i feel they need it at lights out again to 20% run of.In flower i feed twice aday lights on and of again to run of and if i feel the need maybe even 3 times a few times aweek.Its very hard to over water in coco. Check out Bill284 grow now i tagged him he might chime in. And mine might help some.
Comment overlap - snap! :cool:

Thanks a bunch guys - massively appreciate it. I wish I checked in now before I potted re the perlite :laugh:, I've seen so much contradictory information it becomes a bit of a minefield!

In terms of the Rizo - I transplanted on Friday and they have all sprouted yesterday - would you start watering daily now? I read an autoflowering guide from Solaris which stated to only give a tiny amount of water for the first week (all most leaving it dry), then calmag and early nutes at the start of week two.

Again massively appreciate the help and patience with the dumb questions.

Seedlings i would wait , you can get away with every few days depends on things when you see it drying water to run of
being careful not to flood your little seedling and damage her.When i popped my seeds last week i added a 2LM to L of my nutes the day before i put them in light mix 5 days later i have not had to water again due to the high r/h in my tent.

Seedlings i would wait , you can get away with every few days depends on things when you see it drying water to run of
being careful not to flood your little seedling and damage her.When i popped my seeds last week i added a 2LM to L of my nutes the day before i put them in light mix 5 days later i have not had to water again due to the high r/h in my tent.
Awesome cheers mate! Will hold off adding anything until the leaves pop up.

Hey Guys - sorry to bother you again. Just wondering if I could grab your opinions on my seedlings - had 2 seeds with helmets, had to remove manually. One has come along well apart from the centre leaves in the pink lemonade seed pic looking like they are wilting. The other has only formed very small COTYLEDONS (thanks google) which I'm assuming is due to it being strangled by the helmet. The Stardawg pic I had first actually stretched so I had to repot - currently keeping them on 20 hours light, watering very little but added some 1/4 rizo yesterday to a litre of water across all 3 pots for a very small feed - pics show watering from yesterday, not added any other water.

Do they look healthy? All the pics I see have the Cotyledons going up, should I be concerned or start feeding?

Thanks again, Blue.

Star Dawg 1.jpg

Pink Lemonade 2.jpg

Pink Lemonade 1.jpg

Look fine to me nice and green.I always fill my starter pots to 3rds full that way i can top up the pot IF i get a leggy lady.
First fence jumped they popped and there healthy just got to look after them now. ;)

Np i would sick to the feed plan that came with the soil or nutes at half strength or less.They will let you know if they need more. In soil i have let a seedling go for 2 weeks before a feed guess it depends on whats in your soil to start.
Im sure more will chime in soon ;)

Back
Top Bottom