First Grow - Bag Seed -CFL

TheZ

So the title isnt technically true, I did grow one rather large plant that turned out to be male in the past. Started my grow a couple weeks back but I haven't had a chance to get a journal started until now because of my computer being out of commission. Growing in fairly small closet, had two 27 watt cool white cfls and a 60 watt incandescent plant light, I added 3 26 watts and a 27 watt cfl under reflectors yesterday. I have 4 plants growing from random bag seed. Got the lights running 18/6 right now with a timer. I planted my poor seeds in miracle grow, so that is the first thing I need help with. I just realized my mistake, any advice?

(pictures coming as soon as I can get them uploaded)
Two of the plants suffered a wild kitten attack when they were very young, you can see the damage here:
DSC010791.jpg

The yellowing is new however (within the last day) and is making me worried

A look at the best looking one:
DSC010711.jpg

This one is the biggest but started to droop last week, figured it was over watering so I backed off it
DSC010751.jpg

Welcome man thanks for starting your journal.

Transplant into some organic soil pronto. FoxFarm Oceanforest is a good beginner soil, as well as FF Light Warrior. I've heard great things about Sunshine Mix#4 as well. Look on their websites to see if they sell them anywhere near you. Miracle Grow has time release ferts, so its hard to manage nutrient uptake. They yellowing might indicate a lack of nitrogen (or the crap soil burning them). What nutes are you giving them?
Back off on the water and see if that helps with the wilting...

Keep the lights as close as you can, they are stretched out.

Overall looks very healthy!

Oh yeah I was going to mention the reason I ended up with miracle grow in the first place was that I live in a small town and I ride a bicycle. Getting a big bag of decent soil is going to be an interesting trip I think ! :p

Not using any nutes because I don't want to burn them considering my current soil.

They got pretty stretched early on, but seem to be growing out instead of up now. My initial lighting system wasn't adjustable

Is this grow still alive?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Wow, forgot all about updating. Real life will do that to you. The plants are huge! I just switched them to 12-12. One of them has is starting to outgrow my closet. Should I be switching bulbs as well? I'll post pics tomorrow, don't want to get light on the ladies while they are sleeping. So far it looks like 3 ladies and one indeterminate.

Heres a pic as of this morning, the skinny one to the front right of the photo may be male, the other three are defiantly ladies. The back right plant has gotten completely out of hand, not sure what to do with her as she is going to outgrow my closet. They are in fox farm happy frog these days, have been getting small amounts of grow big but am I right in thinking at 12/12 I need to switch ferts?

DSC011483.jpg

I must agree the one in the back is big for a closet grow, but they look good and healthy! Good luck, cant wait to see end results!:rollit:

New photo time, heres a shot trying to get them all in. that wood bar up there i s about 5 feet high for reference.

DSC011581.jpg

Couple more pics of the girls up close.

DSC011602.jpg

DSC01166.jpg

Wow, just noticed my second set of pics are massive, will try to bring them down. Anyone have any experience on automatic watering? I have to be out of town for a week. And should i be changing spectrums and nutrients now that im in 12/12? I'm guessing yes.

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom