First Grow - Bag Seeds - Germinated July 27 2015

Mary - Day 113
12/12 Started 10/3/2015

Mary's first harvested buds now at 6g. I went ahead and placed them in an open jar which I put on top of the dehumidifier. We had another inch of rain on Friday which forces me to run that machine to control RH. I expect a little more weight loss. We shall see.

I'm smoking the trim and popcorn which I dried in a 150F oven for about 15 minutes. It's good. It's even better knowing that I helped to produce it. On a 10 point scale I give a 6 on strength because it smacked my forehead quickly and is cerebral with a mild intensity. Instinctively, I wanted a cigarette after I smoked this stuff. For me, that's usually a good sign.

Taste is rough, dry and like a lot of the greenish/not cured tastes of homegrown street weed I've had in my early years. November always had its abundance of this stuff.

So here's my two nugs of abundance.

IMG_211616.JPG

Sweet Mary. I'll get the loupe out later, hoping she will get real frosty.

IMG_212113.JPG

I've almost given up on some of the data this thing reveals.

IMG_212214.JPG

Looking good Jimmy! So roughly an 1/2 oz off of Mary, give or take some....?

Looking good Jimmy! So roughly an 1/2 oz off of Mary, give or take some....?

Well, let's extrapolate. These two colas were 4 g this morning. I locked them in a Tupperware container with a hygrometer and RH went from 62% (normal in house) to 72% with the buds. Buds went back in tent for more drying as it's 43% in there. So figure, these two will probably finish at 3 g.

So if 2 colas is 3g, then whole plant should come out to 7.5 grams +/-. That gets you more like 1/4 oz.

It's not exactly what I consider an economic grow but there are some trade-offs. It occupied some of my time which would have otherwise been wasted. A better harvest and known genetics will come from my tent. So if everything gets harvested within reasonable time frames I may never have to deal with street dealers again.

I medicated yesterday with quick-dried mids from this grow and my throat was slightly dry and sore this morning so I'll have to pay quality price with a lack of proper cure. God willing, I'll get well stocked soon with good quality and proper cure.

Shoot, that's a week worth of bud for me. That would of been a good $35 out my pocket if I smoked it all alone which is rare. I see what you mean by not an economical grow. The experience you got from it is invaluable, which is what counts. Hopefully I can get a decent yield myself. Something that will last about a month at least (2 oz+/-).

I submitted a ticket with the seed company in Spain. They've been in business a while and their web site said if I paid for tracking it was guaranteed delivery. I'll sing their praises if they resend.

I won't be singing any praises for seed company. They advised a store credit for 1/2 of the original purchase and if I re-order they would throw in some extra seeds. Gee.

I went ahead and reordered and had this one sent stealth and insured. I asked them to send auto beans for the extras. I have enough to last me a while now so nothing will be ordered next year.

Life is still good except that it got cold here overnight and my fingers don't like it...haha

At least you got the hook up. As for the cold...... I really have any advise. Where I live no matter what you do or how you bundle up, you still freeze! :rofl:

Anything that you grew yourself is better than the shite you will buy off the street. You did that jim. You learned tons from this grow and you can't put a price on experience.

You've got that right. I hope I'm learning something. I spent a bunch of my day yesterday diagnosing yellowing leaves in tent. I have consistently believed that it was nute burn and now I'm leaning on it being not enough nutes when they are in bloom.

In any event Mr. A, the lesson is priceless and these threads have been so good to me. :thanks:

Mary - Day 117
12/12 Started 10/3/2015

Thankful that I have life, I got down on the floor again today with the microscope hoping that I could focus and hit that button at the correct moment possibly to get some clear pics of Mary's trichomes. They really are not as cloudy as the pics but Mary may be harvested fairly soon. I'm just waiting for a few amber.

Image67100.jpg
Image66100.jpg
Image65101.jpg
Image64101.jpg
Image63100.jpg
Image62102.jpg

Oolala! Happy Thanksgiving Jim.

You've got that right. I hope I'm learning something. I spent a bunch of my day yesterday diagnosing yellowing leaves in tent. I have consistently believed that it was nute burn and now I'm leaning on it being not enough nutes when they are in bloom.

In any event Mr. A, the lesson is priceless and these threads have been so good to me. :thanks:

Was reading threads tonight and came across these comments by CO Finest that kind of confirms my thoughts on the nute strength: I tested both my led and hps many times same strain led better so you will be growing better meds. You will be able to see and smell on your first harvest. Just watch the cal/mag and extra nutes that might be needed. It seems with having the extra light spectrum the plants want to uptake a little more at times.

Mars Hydro Pro Series LEDs

How much longer Jim? That temp is a bit high.....

jim good first learning grow, might i suggest following the link in my signature to a learning series that will teach you how and when your plants need various nutrients, and why. I look forward to your next grow, who did you use for seeds?

Back
Top Bottom