First Grow: Black Haze Auto, Inert Soil, Indoor, 2019

Yuronha

Hi everyone, happy to share with you my first grow and journal. It’s my 14th day, and I realized that the first leaves are getting faded, so I started to give the nutes today (25% of the recomended dose), I noticed through the holes of my pot that drain water that the soil is too dry, should I put some water in the plate bellow the pot?
Strain - Autoflower Black Haze
# of Plants - 1
Grow Type - Medium
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Bucket Size - 5 Gallon
Lights - (1) 100 Watt LED
Nutrients - General Hydronponics
Solo mix: 50% coco fiber + 50% peat moss with plenty perlite
Water PH - 6.4
Room Temperature - 90 to 95
Solution Temperature - 70 to 75
Soil Moist: 40-70% humidity( using an analog device to mesure)
Room Square Footage - 40x40x140(cm)
Pests - None Known

Day 14

I have no clue what the 50/50 Coco and Moss is

Treated like Coco? Or soil

1st, pics in natural light so we can tell what's up without the red

If it's considered Coco it needs water daily with nutes, and 25% is a good start

Temp is high
If Coco, pH is high

Looks like a few issues

I wouldn't expect the medium would dry out that quickly with the peat mix added.
How often, and how much water are you giving them?

I also wouldnt expect any roots touching that dish yet. It may help to retain a little moisture, but I think the ideal solution would be to increase watering frequency.

I wouldn't expect the medium would dry out that quickly with the peat mix added.
How often, and how much water are you giving them?

I also wouldnt expect any roots touching that dish yet. It may help to retain a little moisture, but I think the ideal solution would be to increase watering frequency.
I am watering every 3 days, I just pour water when the pot is lighter and the soil is dry by the touch. I started to feed them yesterday because I thought the faded leaves would be magnesium deficiency.

I have no clue what the 50/50 Coco and Moss is

Treated like Coco? Or soil

1st, pics in natural light so we can tell what's up without the red

If it's considered Coco it needs water daily with nutes, and 25% is a good start

Temp is high
If Coco, pH is high

Looks like a few issues
I got this mix at the royalqueenseeds.com website, but after searching more, I realized that is an unusual mix.
Those are the photos from the 15th day

I'd read how they say to water it then, I couldn't find them talking about it, maybe show us the link to it

All I can find is people who use that or similar say to NOT let it dry out just like Coco based mediums

I'd read how they say to water it then, I couldn't find them talking about it, maybe show us the link to it

All I can find is people who use that or similar say to NOT let it dry out just like Coco based mediums
It’s at The Home Grower's Guide To The Best Soil For Cannabis - RQS Blog
It says:
“In contrast, autoflowering cannabis strains prefer a light to non-fertilised soil mix. Super soils contain far too high a dose of nutrients for autos. A 50–50 mix of coco coir and light peat-based soil with plenty of perlite for drainage is recommended for autoflowering and young photoperiod plants. It’s always best to go easy on the fertiliser during the seedling stage for any kind of cannabis.”

But nothing about watering

I think it's a tweener mix so no clue how it's going to perform

Personally I'd go straight Coco or a mix of Perlite, unless someone experienced with yer mix chimes in

Too many unknowns, in my mind

And yer plant is having some issue already that look water related

I think it's a tweener mix so no clue how it's going to perform

Personally I'd go straight Coco or a mix of Perlite, unless someone experienced with yer mix chimes in

Too many unknowns, in my mind

And yer plant is having some issue already that look water related
Thank you for the information, unfortunately I alredy started it, so will try to keep running until the next. But do you think that is underwatering? Should I always water with fertilizers or sometimes with just ph balanced water?

What I'd do is try, at first, treating it like Coco

Peat isn't dense, so water daily for a few days, with the 25% strength nutes, get calmag if u do t have it

See how it responds, change accordingly if needed

Hi guys, woke up today and saw some bad news, my first leaves are almost dying, is like they are turning into ashes, and one of the other leaves are curling. But all my upper leves are fine and beautiful. My medium is very moisture and the ph of water is ok, but when I use my analog device to mesure ph of soil, it says 7 to 8. I really dont know what to do, so scared of losing this little one. Maybe should I dilute my feeding water?
Please help me @Preston9mm and @Chris Scorpio

Any leaf that had issues will not get better

Just be patient, and see how the watering does

** I would like to start this off by mentioning that I agree with Chris, let this shake out and dont panic **

I'm curious did you rinse the medium prior to planting? Also has the run off ever been measured?

@Chris Scorpio, The medium has something screwy going on for sure, would your next step be a full flush?

** I would like to start this off by mentioning that I agree with Chris, let this shake out and dont panic **

I'm curious did you rinse the medium prior to planting? Also has the run off ever been measured?

@Chris Scorpio, The medium has something screwy going on for sure, would your next step be a full flush?
Yes I rinsed it, first started with jiffy and then transplanted. What do you mean about run off? I started the feeding two days ago, because the leaves showed some deficiencies.

Run off is the excess water that runs through your plants medium. It will pick up the PH of your soil on it's way through, so it's a good indication of what's happening in your medium.

If I'm you I would follow Chris' directions, as there's a process he's working you through to isolate the issue. I was just curious and hoping to pick his brain for my future struggles.

Run off is the excess water that runs through your plants medium. It will pick up the PH of your soil on it's way through, so it's a good indication of what's happening in your medium.

If I'm you I would follow Chris' directions, as there's a process he's working you through to isolate the issue. I was just curious and hoping to pick his brain for my future struggles.
I don’t have a run off, I pour like 0,4 gallon of water on my 4 gallon pot, and have never saw a single run off, when I stick my finger in the drainage hole of my pot the medium is always very dry. Maybe should I increase the volume? I am afraid of overwatering.

Back
Top Bottom