First Grow: Blue Amnesia Auto & Crown Royal

mamak420

these girls popped their heads 8/6

initially i had them on my cable box in a bag for humidity, after they lost the shell i put them under the light on the other side of the room, honestly i think its too early for them to be away from the warmth, so i took them from the light and put them back on the cable box. the blue amnesia looks like she will get leggy without the light, but i will leave them on the cable box until tomorrow.

Blue Amnesia

Crown Royal

This is my setup so far, i dont have anything fancy, and no heater yet (i will be picking one up) these plants will not be staying inside, in about 2 weeks they will go outside during the day, and come in at night. there is no other reason for this, i just dont have money for tents and good lights and such. this is my first grow, so we will see how it goes. as long as i dont kill them i will be happy LOL

here are the girls on the cable box until tomorrow when i get a small heater

if any of you experts see me doing something wrong, please give me hell, i dont want to kill these babies

Congrats on your start @mamak420 ! Everything looks good! Depending on your weather, I'm not sure a heater is necessary. Our plants are used to cooler nighttime temps. I was running a heater for months to keep steady mid 70's and without it I was at 62 degrees at night...plenty warm for a pot plant. Someone pointed this out to me and now save lots of electric meter clicks! Cheers mate, gl to your grow!

im using ocean forest soil/mixed in a little coco because ive read that ocean forest can burn the seedlings, so i figured coco will dilute that, and will be using general hydroponics trio nutes a couple weeks after their last up pot. (i was origanally going to grow in plain coco so thats what i bought for nutes) i havent started ph-ing the water yet, i will do that with their first real watering, after all i have read i guess they have enough nutrition from the seed for the first week.

im using ocean forest soil/mixed in a little coco because ive read that ocean forest can burn the seedlings, so i figured coco will dilute that, and will be using general hydroponics trio nutes a couple weeks after their last up pot. (i was origanally going to grow in plain coco so thats what i bought for nutes) i havent started ph-ing the water yet, i will do that with their first real watering, after all i have read i guess they have enough nutrition from the seed for the first week.
Yea I also grow in ffof and I waited a couple weeks before I started nutes. When I did my first feed ( using the Fox Farm trio nutes ) I went at half strength just in case. Once they showed no negative signs I went to full strength the next feed.

Welcome, @mamak420. I think that half the battle is just getting started, so congratulations. And from everything that you've mentioned, you're going to be just fine. You obviously have been reading and researching so you have a good idea of the do's and don'ts. From there, someone here will be able to help you. One tip that helped me get started was it's better to under water than to over water. If you're not sure if it needs water, wait. Other than that, have fun. We're glad you're here.

5 days above ground and the crown royal isnt looking so good. it looks like i may have forced the seed casing off too soon and stunted it. any experience with this? improbably going to let it go a couple of weeks to see if it grows or not.

5 days above ground and the crown royal isnt looking so good. it looks like i may have forced the seed casing off too soon and stunted it. any experience with this? improbably going to let it go a couple of weeks to see if it grows or not.

I've had to actually remove a couple helmets before. Looks good to go

looking less like seedlings and more like plants.
the blue amnesia has to have help standing up (i still dont have a fan to strengthen the stalks)
the crown royal is finally starting to grow.
they had their second watering today

looking less like seedlings and more like plants.
the blue amnesia has to have help standing up (i still dont have a fan to strengthen the stalks)
the crown royal is finally starting to grow.
they had their second watering today

Getting their 3rd set of serated leaves. Looking good. Definetly need some airflow on them to strengthen the stalks. Keep it up. I'll enjoy this journal for sure. Great choice of genetics.

i accidentally burnt the cotyledons today. i had to clean the grow area, so i set them outside for a little while. i think the sun was too strong i guess. which sucks because my plan was to stick them outside during the day when they got a little bigger, but do they look like they are going to be alright? the blue amnesia looks twisted because i have been trying to train it, but i wanted to stand it up for the photo to give you a good look

blue amnesia
there is also a yellow tip on one of the leaves on the blue amnesia. is this nute burn? it was there a few days ago

20190827_210848[1].jpg

20190827_212115[1].jpg

crown royal
20190827_210644[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20190827_212141[1].jpg
    20190827_212141[1].jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 87
Back
Top Bottom