First Grow Cab

Awesome, glad to have your expertise on board.

Hope to have my last few packages within a week. Then I can begin to germ.
Only prob I have so far is the netcups are teeeeeny tiny, def. have to go to 4+" next time around.

this is turning out to be more of a journal haha...

heres the product I ordered from Attitude.
Seeds38.jpg

I ordered 5 feminized automaria II's, and received an extra "gigabud" and "purple haze." Second grow I may just try those two and some heavy duty LST/ScroGGing so things dont become too overwhelmed.

Now comes the time when diligence and patience will need to be your constant companions. I'm watching.

haha ya from all the threads ive read it def. seems like those are two key traits I need to learn/work on.

Still working on the box, even as we speak I'm building my extension cord with 4 outlets.

Also gotta cut in my 4 spots for my computer fans.
Wire up my fans.
Wrap my res with reflective tape and cut in for netpots.
Cut holes in res for airlines/powerlines.
Build a shelf for my airpump.

Then I think I'll be in pretty good shape...biggest concern so far is controlling the fans and the tiny size of my netpots, Ill post a pic in 5 min.

Fans should run constantly unless you have a low temperature problem

Fan specs
Fan_Specs.jpg

My plan is to cut 4 holes into my box. Two upper fans to move air across the light (also heat rises) and then also two lower fans, to move air across the stems/keep res somewhat cooler and one individual for my ONA bucket. Yes I plan to run all 5 fans constantly.

But if you have a better idea on how to control the fans Im more than eager to listen/read.

Heres the sad excuse for netpots I ordered
Netpots.jpg

Even though Im going with lowryder autoflowers I still think I need larger netpots. Friggen sucks that there arent any Hydroponic stores around here. Even Agway/Lowes doesnt sell netpots OR rockwool cubes...had to order all the shit online :rolleyes3

Also forgot to mention, in the pic with the light IN the cab, I hung it on Jack Chains so it can be raised or lowered depending on what stage/height of the plant. That is not a fixed height in the pic...

When you mentioned 3" net pots in an earlier post I wanted to say something. I use 5".

I have (2) hydro stores within a half mile of my house!

When you mentioned 3" net pots in an earlier post I wanted to say something. I use 5".

faaaawk! :bitingnails:

I have (2) hydro stores within a half mile of my house!

ya I always hear commercials for hydro stores in Maine, but NOTHING where I live, its BS.

Also, I stopped into a petshop looking for sub pumps, and started chatting up the jailbait store attendent (im 23 gimme a break) and they sell PH balanced water (7.0) for $.50 a gal!!

Another suggestion. Get some liquid wide spectrum PH test solution. General Hydroponics Ph test indicator about $8.00 for an ounce. Its good to have around in case your Ph meter lies to you. Get used to checking the tester against the solution. The solution is never wrong.

faaaawk! :bitingnails:

ya I always hear commercials for hydro stores in Maine, but NOTHING where I live, its BS.

Also, I stopped into a petshop looking for sub pumps, and started chatting up the jailbait store attendent (im 23 gimme a break) and they sell PH balanced water (7.0) for $.50 a gal!!

Do they also monitor the TDS? I just use tap water. I usually let it set overnight to let the chlorine gas off. Unless adding plain water to the rez. I never check the ph of the water until after adding nutes.

Another suggestion. Get some liquid wide spectrum PH test solution. General Hydroponics Ph test indicator about $8.00 for an ounce. Its good to have around in case your Ph meter lies to you. Get used to checking the tester against the solution. The solution is never wrong.

good call, I also want to get some sensizyme or hydrozyme or w/e. maybe the petstore will have some for aquariums..

What should I be looking for a good TDS..

I think that's hygrozym

You got that right. If your rez temps get too high it can happen. I use hygrozym but as with all my additives I don't use them in the quantities they recommend. I did at first but realized by using the recommended quantities my TDS meter went off the scale. Now I use them in the correct portion but not per gallon. When starting out where it might say use 15ml per gallon I'll use 22.5 ml for 3 gallons and so on. Then check the TDS and run it around 900. If you don't experience burn you can raise it by extrapolating the appropriate recipe.

I struggle daily and weekly with the nutes and the PH. I'm on about my fourth indoor DWC grow/harvest. I've encountered some problem with every grow. This grow I am monitoring it to the T. Check Ph and TDS every couple of hours and adjust if necessary.

ya I got a 10gal res, and Ive read using roughly 6/7 gals of water. For nutes I got the General Hydro setup with the basic 3 part, havent even read the directions yet haha...

once the roots hit the water, and even before, you can probably run with 5 gal or less. With the cost of nutes, and your clandestine location you'll want to optimize your consumption. I'm currently using technaflora but want to switch to a different brand after my next harvest.

you're welcome. There used to be a site on this that really had some awesome bubblers in it. i was off the air for awhile and when I returned they had been banned from the forum. The whole forum was banned. I think if I typed the name now it would be censored.

Back
Top Bottom