First grow cabinet - Starting with 46"x24"72" metal cab - Need light/air/etc advice

nxumdon

420 Member
Hi
The base cabinet for the first stealth build...it is this steel 46"x24"x72";

Sandusky Lee® 72?H Elite Storage Cabinets

Will be doing a bubbler + basket drip system...not sure if going with a large 30"x24" tote and putting in a bunch of 3" net pots, or doing some sort of multi bucket system...still doing the research on those two.

Thinking about splitting the cabinet into two chambers, left and right...veg/flower side will be 34"x24" and clone/mother side will be 14"x24"...

Any advice, thoughts, direction...mainly on the lights...heat is a concern, as is being somewhat stealth. Money is not a huge concern...about a $3-4k budget total, of which nearly $1k was spent on the cabinet/delivery.

Cheers

Re: First grow cabinet - Starting with 46"x24"72" metal cab - Need light/air/etc advi

I have a smaller cabinet. Standard issue metal office storage cabinet, 36" X 18" X 72" 2-doors lockable. It's in my basement and I vent out the top then back with a 4" vortex style blower ducted outside through an unused drier vent. The fan mounts outside of the cabinet screwed to the top corner of the cabinet. I have a speed controller on the blower and have it on a very low setting. When company is over I switch on my dehumidifier and it drowns out the noise of the blower. I have enough stuff piled on top of the cabinet you can't even tell it's a grow. I have a scrubber and not looking forward to installing it because its so big. But I just switched over to bloom and starting to barely notice a smell outside. Neighbor's house is about 150' away. I'm growing a 1-plant scrog and think this thing is going to get stinky soon. I have no smell in the house. I use a Mars 96X5 Reflector series and it seems to be working fine. I went 51 days in veg and was anticipating 60. No way would I do this grow with a MH light. The heat would be an issue. I'm averaging 78 deg in the cabinet with lights on and 72 lights out. I'm hydro using a water farm. Pretty nice system and I'm heading out town for the weekend and hooked up an additional res. That should hold the girl for 3-4 days. Hope I helped and good luck

Re: First grow cabinet - Starting with 46"x24"72" metal cab - Need light/air/etc advi

Thanks very much for the advice...so far I've gotten the air setup, just planning on the divisions of the cabinet now :)

How's your cabinet coming nxumdon?? I'm a week away from harvest. First grow and I may get 3-OZ's. Next time there's a lot of things I'll do different.

Thanks very much for the advice...so far I've gotten the air setup, just planning on the divisions of the cabinet now :)

How's your cabinet coming nxumdon?? I'm a week away from harvest. First grow and I may get 3-OZ's. Next time there's a lot of things I'll do different.

It is still a work in progress...here are some photos...growing catnip and valerian, nothing more :) I want to grow the biggest fattest catnip buds I possibly can...I was once given a nicely cured catnip bud and my cats went CRAZY for it...dried powder nip is now just shake to them :( ...they wont even look at it. And valerian, same deal, cats looove it fresh.

Not sure what the long term plans are, but just learning from the forums and trying it out. Following CapnStyle exactly with the one exception that I cannot get HydroGuard/Aquashield in Canada...

AdvancedLED XTE200 x2
8" HyperFan
Can55 Filter
24" Muffler/Silencer

I'm hoping to get started myself here in a few days. Waiting on good seed to arrive. Almost got my closet set up, trying to figure out how I am going to do ventilation myself. Without having to just leave the closet door open all the time. Now are the times I wish I had more experience in carpentry lol.

Just jarred my first grow, 8-oz. I used a waterfarm, LED, and scrog grow and the yield really exceeded my expectations. The buds were really packed in there. I think mylar and good air circulation really help.

Updates...we've got buds on the catnip!!!

I'm a newbie and need advice on growing in a 60x24x72 closet. Planning on fem autos with LED but open to any and all advice. How many plants can grow successfully in the space? Should I go LED, CFL or HPS? HOw many watts for this space?

Back
Top Bottom