First Grow - CFL - Bag Seed - Hempy Coco

Stone walls and diet, things were done different 160 years ago LOL
That should say dirt, darn spell check on my phone.

Well it would seem the yellow scourge has only been slowed. The three yellowing leaves are all yellow and getting brown spots, and the next higher two sets of fans off main stem are turning. I am still giving the three part nutes at 1/4 strength of bloom row of the table. That is 1/4 tsp of FloraGro(2-1-6), 1/2 tsp FloraMicro(5-0-1) and 3/4 tsp FloraBloom( 0-5-4). Would a more veg table feed of 3/4 Gro, 1/2 Micro and 1/4 Bloom or transition feed of 1/2 tsp of each give more N for a week or two? Today marks her 21st day of 12/12. Some of the smaller fans on the lowest branches are starting to look a little pale I think.
IMAG06803.jpg
IMAG06732.jpg
IMAG06711.jpg
IMAG06672.jpg

:peace:

That should say dirt, darn spell check on my phone.

Well it would seem the yellow scourge has only been slowed. The three yellowing leaves are all yellow and getting brown spots, and the next higher two sets of fans off main stem are turning. I am still giving the three part nutes at 1/4 strength of bloom row of the table. That is 1/4 tsp of FloraGro(2-1-6), 1/2 tsp FloraMicro(5-0-1) and 3/4 tsp FloraBloom( 0-5-4). Would a more veg table feed of 3/4 Gro, 1/2 Micro and 1/4 Bloom or transition feed of 1/2 tsp of each give more N for a week or two? Today marks her 21st day of 12/12. Some of the smaller fans on the lowest branches are starting to look a little pale I think.
IMAG06803.jpg
IMAG06732.jpg
IMAG06711.jpg
IMAG06672.jpg

:peace:

Strain dependent, this happens from day 20-ish all the way to the end. As N is reduced, to allow for flowering, the plant will drop leaves and concentrate on flowers. I've seen plants completely devoid of all fan leaves at day 50 of bloom. This is usually a normal occurrence, and I gave seen very few plants make it to the end of life with all their fan leaves. You can increase a tiny bit if the leaves falling off are bothering you, but this is usually just the cycle of cannabis life.

If your NPK ratios are as follows:
Gro (2-1-6) , Bloom (0-5-4) & Micro (5-0-1)
Actually, go ahead and add 1/8tsp Gro.

I painted them pretty good so I can't see through the bottom. I never expected this tall of a plant, my other ones where under 20" and the one that died was 25+when she yellowed. I'll check into some other 2 Ltr hempy journals to see at what size they flip and how big some of their plants end up. I will try adding the 1/8 tsp of Gro too as I am worried that it is a little early for her the drop this many leaves. She is not very leafy as it is and the buds are just little things with tiny white spiked hair doo's. :peace:

OK not to worried by yesterdays minor yellow, I went down to water and She is wilted big time, more leaves are yellow and all are drooping. For the first day she is NOT dry and needed no water. This is exactly how it was on the last plant it wilted, she stopped taking water, tried a straight water flush, tried N, and nothing helped her from here and she was dead in days or was dead then and took 4 days to dry up.
IMAG06824.jpg

IMAG06852.jpg
IMAG06832.jpg

IMAG06864.jpg

Damn, I woke up feeling good, and it lasted a whole 15 min. This plant is dying like the last, no Idea what I'm doing wrong, bad pain day, only one bud left to smoke, and not even enough cash to get a ice coffee until Monday.
Well, enough of my bitchin'.
The tent is as follows one dying, one burnt up but hanging on somehow, 4 deformed clones (only one has had any good growth), all in MG+, and two new clones with 3 part nutes only I can only hope it is the nutes and the next ones will do better. Getting discouraged not getting one plant to harvest yet (not counting the one I took too early at 6 wk when It looked to be dying too).
Nursery has two sister clones to the two just put 12/12, and two clones from Beth the first one I killed. Thought it was my breaking the branch that killed her but could have been the same as this???? Either way I cant afford to spend any money on clones if they are just going to die!:peace:

Here is the over view of the tent:
Left rear monster crop clone(happy accident)
Left front recovering slower monster crop(sister of above)
Middle rear: two clones (sisters of above) not doing as well
Middle front Two new clones only ones all GH 3 Part no MG+
Right rear Yellow girl
Right front crispy taco girl
IMAG06932.jpg

Monster girl
IMAG06874.jpg

New clones
IMAG06884.jpg

Crispy Taco girl
IMAG06914.jpg

It would seem I am the undisputed heavy weight champ of newbie screw ups and should be arrested for plant abuse. Fear not my children daddy is determined to change my ways and be a loving father to my girls from here on. :peace:

The one that died, and the dying one are from the same bag of crappy off the street weed(all I can afford) could it be genetic? If the clones on GH Nutes go bad too I'll just sh*t. I do have one clone from the one plant that almost finished that is 5 days behind the big yellow one but only 15" tall. She has crazy branching from accidental monster cropping, is dark green and has more and bigger buds than the 32" yellow one. Strange plant she has 1,2,3,4 and 5 blade leaves on her but she looks super happy so far.

Here is the over view of the tent:
Left rear monster crop clone(happy accident from late cutting)
Left front recovering slower monster crop(sister of above)
Middle rear: two clones (sisters of above, all first attempt clones) not doing as well
Middle front Two new clones only ones all GH 3 Part no MG+
Right rear Yellow girl
Right front crispy taco girl
IMAG06932.jpg

Monster girl
IMAG06874.jpg

New clones
IMAG06884.jpg

Crispy Taco girl
IMAG06914.jpg

It would seem I am the undisputed heavy weight champ of newbie screw ups and should be arrested for plant abuse. But fear not my children, daddy is determined to change my ways and be a loving father to my girls from here on. :peace:

The one that died, and the dying one are from the same bag of crappy off the street weed(all I can afford) could it be genetic? If the clones on GH Nutes go bad too I'll just sh*t. I do have one clone from the one plant that almost finished that is 5 days behind the big yellow one but only 15" tall. She has crazy branching from accidental monster cropping, is dark green and has more and bigger buds than the 32" yellow one. Strange plant she has 1,2,3,4 and 5 blade leaves on her but she looks super happy so far.

It would seem I am the undisputed heavy weight champ of newbie screw ups and should be arrested for plant abuse. But fear not my children, daddy is determined to change my ways and be a loving father to my girls from here on. :peace:

ROFL! Damn, I don't mean to laugh at your troubles, but that was frikkin' funny.

With the lack of water uptake, and the wilting that's being observed, I'm wondering if somehow the plant is getting damaged somehow under the coco... Did yellow girl fall over at any point? OMM, has had some experience like this, plants just suddenly wilting like that will sometimes come back with a really good flush. Have you tried that?

Good day J, As a matter of fact I just finished the flush 30 minutes ago. Found a post on site, describing the 3 types of flushing and did the emergency flush on ole yella and taco leaf. Put a gallon of PH'd water through each of them. I am very optimistic for both, Positive thinking and all. I burnt crispy taco with a plant food experiment gone horribly wrong weeks ago, but she keeps putting out real bumpy leaves and is showing growth and budding, slow as it may be.

I would have to say the flush was too late or just didn't help.
IMAG06941.jpg
IMAG06964.jpg

IMAG06954.jpg

I know it has not even been 24 hrs but it is worse this morning than yesterday. The other plant, (AKA Crispy taco) I flushed showed no change but I expected that. UGGGG! I have had it with the Sh*t ferts in my plants so the three clones not doing so well were transplanted. I don't think I should do that in flower but the way they look i got nothing to loose by the added stress. I cleaned off as much of the MG infected coco as I could and put them into new bottles with clean coco and gave them a drink of 1/2 strength flower level feed (1/2 tsp of each of Gro/Micro/Bloom per gallon). What I found is that the roots stopped dead(so to speak) at the layer of MG+, and the same with the two Beth clones in the nursery. I wondered why they were growing soooo very slow, No root mass at all. The clones in GH 3 part from the start had roots filling the solo cup in one week and these roots were not much bigger than when I put them in the cup3 weeks ago. The worst of the clones had a lot of MG where the roots stopped growing. I put too much or didn't mix it around well enough I assume, but the roots never headed for the res. I am hopeful this is the base to my problems and new Nutes plus added flushing routine will do the trick.:peace:

You know J2K today is the first day I have not added ST to the water, darn it. I added SuperThrive to every single batch of water I have mixed up to date too. With the lack of root growth my thinking is that they are def. in everything because the root mass isn't large enough to support a plant that size no matter how much I feed them. They grew like crazy to over two feet then BANG yellow and death. Please tell me if I'm all wet here but it sounds good in my head. If she is dead as I think I'll look at her roots for evidence of rot or dead roots. Just not sure if I dump her now or wait and watch her die a slow death.

wow this sucks. has it been hot in your grow area?

You know J2K today is the first day I have not added ST to the water, darn it. I added SuperThrive to every single batch of water I have mixed up to date too. With the lack of root growth my thinking is that they are def. in everything because the root mass isn't large enough to support a plant that size no matter how much I feed them. They grew like crazy to over two feet then BANG yellow and death. Please tell me if I'm all wet here but it sounds good in my head. If she is dead as I think I'll look at her roots for evidence of rot or dead roots. Just not sure if I dump her now or wait and watch her die a slow death.

Cant you just transplant into larger pot?

Thanks for stopping in Neg. been following your Closet, Tent, 400W, Caramelicious, Coco, 2L Coco Hempy, Canna Coco grow, That title's a mouthful. LOL. Nice pics yesterday! I thought it may be bound so I just cut the bottle open. The roots did make it to the bottom but were not close to root bound. For a plant that size they should have been thicker but were yellowish tan and week looking half the coco just fell off in the center mass where the roots came down the outside and nothing in the center. I think it was a waste of time but transplanted into a 2.5 gal bucket and gave her a half strength feed anyway just in case she rises from the dead.

Thanks for stopping in Neg. been following your Closet, Tent, 400W, Caramelicious, Coco, 2L Coco Hempy, Canna Coco grow, That title's a mouthful. LOL. Nice pics yesterday! I thought it may be bound so I just cut the bottle open. The roots did make it to the bottom but were not close to root bound. For a plant that size they should have been thicker but were yellowish tan and week looking half the coco just fell off in the center mass where the roots came down the outside and nothing in the center. I think it was a waste of time but transplanted into a 2.5 gal bucket and gave her a half strength feed anyway just in case she rises from the dead.

Well I really hope she does mate, I'm rootin for ya! :cheer:

Everything else being equal, I think the moral here is: MG Slo-Release is no substitute for OC+ with Cal/Mag.

Root mass not building is the (pardon the pun here) root of the problem. For some reason, the plant outgrew the support underneath... perplexing. I think the SuperThrive should only be used when transplanting, or if used regularly, only after your monthly flush.

Theory: Vitamins given over a long period of time could have caused a toxic buildup, I think. Yes it's water soluble, but when you open your bottle of ST, does it not have a mass of crystals around the neck? This same may have added to the overdose of MG in the soil, and caused slow root mass growth. Coupled with what I suspect to be higher temperatures in the grow space (82+), this is a disastrous mix, as O2 is less readily available to the plant.

Question: If you are dealing with higher temps, as I suspect, do you have some sort of CO2 enrichment?

I thought about CO2 but with the stone and dirt foundation I need a second dehumidifier first to lower the RH. I was at 55-75%, added one deh. unit and I'm lower at 40-60% but heard it is still to high as the CO2 will raise it further. Damn just looked back two pages and it was you that said it so I'm not telling you anything you don't know, LOL. I do have a a/c unit not in use if I can figure out a way to run it underground that could possibly kill two birds with one stone. Well not if but when, I can figure out a way to do anything with a good bowl and some thinkin' time.:peace:

I have the one good growing monster clone(may transplant but shorter plants do better in MG), four clones in good medium, two Beth clones (with 2 & 3 tops from the monster cropping that I may clip and root as 5 new clones)in mostly good medium and the transplants in better medium now so I am calmer and optimistic for the future. I can't thank you all enough for all the help and time you have given to me.:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom