First Grow - CFL - Bag Seed - Hempy Coco

Welcome aboard Cheyennemc. I'll try to get a better photo next male I find, but I shredded him this morning. Basically I saw a roundish or oblong pod at the node where the branch comes out, after a day or two It grows little white hairs or more football shaped pods. A hair before more calyx means girl, footballs = boy. Easier to tell than I thought as long as you wait long enough. Below you can see the white hairs even though it is a cell phone pic.
IMAG0309_1.jpg

As for the light, Temps today only hit 77 Deg with RH 61% stable all day with the 1000W HPS at 75%. I put ballast back to 100% when the light went out for tomorrows cycle. Will keep a eye on the temps but I think I got it under control for now. Basement being under grade is at or about the same temp now thru the summer so this should be good. #3 looks like a girl I'm 90% on it but will know for sure by tomorrow night I believe. Put two more into 2ltr Hempy's today and stuck them in the tent. They are only 7"-8" tall but I needed to make room for the clones to get the best light possible. All six look like they are growing and have turned toward the light. 5 in rock wool cubes (3") and one in the self watering tray in coco. new veg cab this weekend I hope. :peace:

The temps held at 81 all day long with RH 55%. Mich better than the hi of 71 deg and RH in the 80's. This new light is going to work better than thought in more ways than one. The two new additions are loving the increased light, They were tight and hanging but healthy looking leaves and now the are standing straight out. makes them look bigger. I do believe that both #4 and #5 are showing female signs, making it one bucket and four 2ltr bottles. Two of the younger girls have passed Beth in height but she is a bushy beast and forming beautiful bud everywhere. Will update photo's later today. :peace:

Thanks Thawk that makes me feel good, It will be interesting to see how good it is, not loaded with seed.
Question do you thin out any of the really big fans and/or lower bud sites, or leave her alone once in flower. She is so dense I wonder about light getting down low. It's not as dark as it looks but...
IMAG03626.jpg

IMAG03607.jpg

Your welcome Cheyennemc but unfortunately for you (happily for me) it may be a week or two because the rest of the stable came out girls. Two new additions are unknown as well as tree seedlings just starting but the rest will be clones if they survive. The clones look good to me but who knows if roots are coming out under the surface. saw a big fat root on one thru a crack in the rock wool so I think I am ok with them.
:peace:

You might surprise yourself. As far as cleaning up Beth, it is going to be less Important due to that powerful light of yours. When doing soil defols on larger plants I try and take any leaves that are directly covering a large bud site. Also I remove all the growth at the very bottom of the plant, just because they can't use the light as efficiently. My suggestion is remove any big fan leaves covering bud site areas (don't go too crazy though) and after 3 weeks remove and branches at the bottom that don't have pistils yet. Nice job.

Been awhile school has me spinning in circles. The clones are looking sad, at least the lower leaves. The tops are green but not growing much. pulled one of the plugs part way out of the cube and saw MANY thick white roots coming through the plug so tucked it back in and will wait and see. The newbies are starting to show and will know sex in a few more days but think at least one is looking boyish. Buds are exploding everywhere and I could just sit in there all day staring at them. Will get new photos up asap. :peace:

Beautiful morning here, 0.1 miles visibility and 50 deg. Where is summer or even a nice spring? "Any who" to quote a dearly missed Aunt, On to a couple of pics. I need to put a light source in there just for photos but we'll just have to deal with the yellow pics and know they are really lush and green. First question should I have Did I let these go too long in the solo cups?
IMAG034510.jpg
IMAG034613.jpg

They are doing well in the 2L in tent but not sure if that is too root bound and I should move to larger homes sooner in the future.
this one of the crew is 4-5 inches taller than Beth and 4-5 weeks younger to.
IMAG03757.jpg
DSCF5493.JPG

IMAG03738.jpg
IMAG03747.jpg

I am going to water daily instead of every other, they are taking double the water, up to 2 gallons and that is barely enough.
Now I lost my muse Smokzalot along the way, so when using OC+ or the like should I add anything extra now i'm in flower? Maybe lite dose of something higher "P". Tomorrow is three weeks under 12/12 and have seen zero signs of any deficiency or issues but want to give them buds everything they could want.
well 6:30 and I got to head out to class, good news found out one student is over thirty so I AM NOT old enough to be everyone father. LOL :peace:

As far as solo cups, they will be fine but they could have come out earlier, it is best to transplant just before the roots start wrapping all the soil into a knot. As for your big girls, they look really good, but be careful watering every day, in soil that could cause rot or overwatering if you aren't careful to be sure your medium has fully dried out.

After 8 days in flower both newbies are male, they have been disposed of and moved another unkown in to a 2ltr bottle for a week more of veg. After only 8 days the roots were solid into the res at the bottom. I am thinking I should go back to my original plan of 2.5 gal buckets harvesting 2 buckets every two weeks. The 4 in 2ltr in flower are a tinge yellowish while Beth is nice and green. And some of the lower leaves(one and three blades) dried up and pulled off with a touch. I got heavy handed with Beth and one of her lower branches broke right at the knuckle at the base. I placed a brace under it to hold it in place. Today it is not wilting yet and no droopy leaves. Is there a chance it could heal itself while in flower? not sure how far through it broke but I think half way at the most and I got it back in place in seconds. The branch is between a 5/8 and 3/4 inches thick there. Is there a chance of recovery at this stage? :peace:

Cool that's what I was hoping for. The arrow points to the break.
IMAG03919.jpg

I braced it back up and left it alone. Leaf and buds look good no signs of lack of water even under the 1000 watter. I was shocked it snapped seeing as it is soooo fat, that is a 1/2 cup measuring cup holding it up. I hope it recovers there are some nice buds forming on it. I will give it a few days and then try to tie it up for support for when the buds gain weight. The location makes it difficult to get a wrap around it so its open air wound care. Those two and the lowest two were LST'd to stick straight out then up, the one that broke comes out and up the side and reaches up within a inch of the tallest main cola

Here are the best photos I could get of the boys after chopping them. Cheyennemc I hope they are clear enough to give you a better idea of what to look for on the male. Little clusters of football(if in the US) shaped pods. The female one was single and sprouts the white hair out of the top of it. I learned to wait until I see a group of pods and not just one the hard way.
IMAG03776.jpg
IMAG037910.jpg
IMAG038411.jpg
IMAG038811.jpg

:peace:

Quick update, Looks like Beth is healing. Branch seems sturdy but left cup under cause it looks like it will be heavy weighted down with buds. Holding out hope for one of the two Beth clones, one bag-seed clone got burnt tips(not sure how only got what the crew got), the three crew clones are looking the best. They were in the self watering Burpee tray and not rock wool cubes like Beth 2.0. two unknown seedlings are 6 or 7 inches now. The tent is looking good buds getting bigger and nice and dense. The 2lr crew have yellowing leaves from bottom up, I think its a N def but read in flower just let it go or the time release ferts are depleted. Beth has no yellow and is bushy and Green. All have the shake and feel in the coco and get Ph5.8 water with SuperThrive and have added some 10-15-10 food to the water 1/2 then full strength and it slowed the yellowing some with no sign of burn. Tomorrow is week 4 12/12. I don't know what extra nutrients I should give them this point in flower. I want to invest in BPN three part as soon as I can. MG S&F has worked good for me but I want the added control and growth of top shelf nutes. :peace:

Well I spoke too soon, when I watered this morning I saw Beth has a LOT of yellowing starting on the lowest leaves starting from the stalk out. On the worst looking 2ltr they are drying up and falling off. I read this is expected during flower but I did not think it started this early, today marks week four. The tallest plant has less yellowing but is starting on her too, she did show before Beth and the hairs on her are beginning to turn goldish tan one by one so she may be the first to finish. Not the knowing strains (could be 3 or four different), I have no clue as to projected flower times. The average seems to be 7 to 9 weeks from what I read here and there. Do you guys think this yellowing is a deficiency or normal end of flower stuff or both? and mostly should I give them something for it or for the buds at this point?
:hmmmm:
The saddest plant first, only plant with hanging leaves, was always smallest but when all of them were burnt up at the beginning she got the worst of it:
DSCF5523.JPG

second tallest;
DSCF54931.JPG

tallest and most bud sites of the crew:
DSCF5528.JPG

Beth:
DSCF5527.JPG

I know it's early for them to be out in public undressed but I couldn't help it:
DSCF5538.JPG
DSCF5534.JPG

DSCF5533.JPG

:yummy:
DSCF5530.JPG

The pics were taken with my Fuji 12MP camera, it doesn't do as well as my 5MP phone taking photos under the HPS sorry.:peace:

I'm gonna agree with you and say it looks like a nitrogen deficiency, also the leaves drooping like that is usually characteristic of lack of water. If its not one of those you might need tog et some he from the big boys on this one. Looking good, like the afros

Back
Top Bottom