First Grow, CFL, Closet Grow

Tylowb

Found a seed that looked great poped it in a paper towel and didn't think it would do anything. Well the lil root came out and I was not prepared at all so I gotta 1000 lm cfl and a two liter cut in half as my pot. I also got a little fan and some regular $2.99 soil. I put her in and the next day she was already doing her thing. So still not thinking I was going to get this far I let it grow for about 3 days in my room just under the light 24/7. With my fan by it on the ground. It's first set of true leaves is growing well now and you can see the next little leaves starting to form. It got a little stretched but nothing to bad. I have it in a cardboard box I lined with white paper. And I cover it with a blanket so it's completely black when my light shuts off. (Just got a timer for my light and have it on a18/6) I transplanted into a hydro wick most recently because I'm outta town a lot. I also added some coffee grounds in with the soil. It's my first go and I've never done this before so be gentle on me I'm growing Mostly to learn all I need to know to grow my own medicine down the road. I'm very excited to see how it turns out! So let me know what you think and I'll answer any question you have! Thanks guys!

Day 1-7

420-magazine-mobile1167365292.jpg
420-magazine-mobile629454538.jpg
420-magazine-mobile251858621.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1786073956.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1858300321.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1671775594.jpg

Hello!
Well it's always good to see someone trying out for the first time. But one thing you must remember is that while you don't have to spend a bunch of money to grow your own medicine, but there are a few things that you need to focus on to have a successful grow. Your soil choice will come to bite you in the ass very soon if you don't put it in something that drains well and has a good base nutrient profile. A small bag of fox farm happy frog soil only costs about $9 online and will allow you to ride out veg.

The number 1 rule is not to over water and to make sure that the plant has enough light. Don't be afraid to keep the cfl close to the plant, otherwise you will get a really long stretchy stem. Generally about 3" about the plant is safe enough, just use your finger to feel if there's heat.

Other than that, have fun with it and use this experience to learn as much as you can.
Cheers!

Hello!
Well it's always good to see someone trying out for the first time. But one thing you must remember is that while you don't have to spend a bunch of money to grow your own medicine, but there are a few things that you need to focus on to have a successful grow. Your soil choice will come to bite you in the ass very soon if you don't put it in something that drains well and has a good base nutrient profile. A small bag of fox farm happy frog soil only costs about $9 online and will allow you to ride out veg.

The number 1 rule is not to over water and to make sure that the plant has enough light. Don't be afraid to keep the cfl close to the plant, otherwise you will get a really long stretchy stem. Generally about 3" about the plant is safe enough, just use your finger to feel if there's heat.

Other than that, have fun with it and use this experience to learn as much as you can.
Cheers!

Thanks kwsmoke for all the tips I brought the light down yesterday and she's doing great! I do leave town for three days today, but I'll have my room mate make sure she doesn't grow into my light! .

The first leaves not the jagged ones are getting little brown spots is that anything I should be worried about?

I just got home after 6 days and look how beautiful she is!!!!! There's a lil brining on the first true leaves but new growth seems fine. Tomorrow I'm going to get some FF soil and a ph tester. I also have a 2x2x4 tent on the way!! I'm so excited .
420-magazine-mobile115673481.jpg
420-magazine-mobile720121577.jpg

Looking good!! Put some holes in the bottom of that container and something to catch the run off. You may want to look into something for measuring your waters Ph. Nutrients might be something as well, you can go big or small with plant food it's up to you. Keep'em Green!!!

Looking good!! Put some holes in the bottom of that container and something to catch the run off. You may want to look into something for measuring your waters Ph. Nutrients might be something as well, you can go big or small with plant food it's up to you. Keep'em Green!!!

Thanks agemon I'm actually going to look at ph tester right now..

Very excited today guys I do leave for another trip for a week but I got my girl a whole new set up. lemme know whatcha think. I also got happy frog soil that I put her in and some fox farm nutes I did accidentally rip a couple roots off the bottom during the transplant is that gunna hurt her to bad? ..
420-magazine-mobile287473333.jpg
420-magazine-mobile578279114.jpg
420-magazine-mobile125801907.jpg

I also covered a good bit of the steam with soil to get rid of some stretch.
420-magazine-mobile1341362049.jpg

You'll prolly be ok on the roots issue, it will slow her down, but not too much. I'm using Happy Frog too, my plants seem to like the soil, it's not too hot. Recommendation from my local hydro shop, when I got my soil, was to wait a couple 3 weeks before adding nutes. There is stuff in the soil and the plants will use it up in about 3 weeks. Also when you start your nutes, go light. If you go full strength you could burn up your plant. Think about giving 1/4 the recommended and then working your way up as she gets bigger and stronger. Also, I like to give straight water every 3rd time to help keep the build up in the soil to a minimum, the last thing you want is nute lock.

Nice little set-up you got there, reminds me of mine, minus a few differences. You may want to think about an exhaust system for air exchange etc, and adding another small fan to agitate the plant, it helps the plant to strengthen her main stalk and branches as well.

Lookin Good!!!!!

Awesome thanks for all the feedback. I'll probably get another small fan and just put them in the vent holes lol. Thanks for all the support I'm having a great time! .

Soooo another 5 days have gone by and she really likes her new home!! She looks so healthy. I think I might top her tonight. Also get more supplies like fans, carbon filters etc.
420-magazine-mobile93475419.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1354724301.jpg
420-magazine-mobile433049089.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1834463230.jpg
I'm so stoked about my first 5 pointed leaves!
420-magazine-mobile1778005467.jpg
no gender yet but it's still only been 18 days. The bottom of my steam is a lil skinner then top should I wait to LST?

I'm gunna top her soon I'm excited and nervous lol wish me luck! I upload some picks when I'm done! .

Back
Top Bottom