First Grow - Closet Grow

Jollysmoker

Hello everyone!!! I am new here but not new to bud!!! So this is my first grow and it been going good for about a week and a half. I just want to post some pics and yall tell me what you think!. And what i should do from here and stuff so yall dont forget to reply
image15114.jpg

Re: First grow!! Closet grow!!

:welcome: Jollysmoker! Great to have you on board! I would start a journal here for the max amount of help. I see one thing that may need fixed.... but it's an easy fix.. it looks like there is some stretch happening there and that can be fixed with either more lights or, moving the lights closer. Now for a question... what all is growing in that bucket? It looks like something is sprouting up all over the place? Good luck and look forward to your posts. :peace:

Thanks!! Im glad to be here and i really couldnt tell you.. I have had this dirt sitting outside for a little while.. Do you this this will effect my plant?

Thanks!! Im glad to be here and i really couldnt tell you.. I have had this dirt sitting outside for a little while.. Do you this this will effect my plant?

Actually.. I can't be sure but it looks like the clover that I get in my veg. garden?? Too small to really tell but I would at least take a spoon or something and carefully scrape the top level of soil to uproot them. I doubt if they will hurt your plant as long as you keep up with removing them and they aren't actually competing with your plant. So tell us all about your grow?? What strain is your plant? Soil mixture, lighting, etc..... ?? Whatever method you're using, I can assure you there will be a ton of expert growers here familiar with the technique and willing to help you out! :) :peace:

This link will be a great help to you... IF it works! If the link don't work, you can type "how to grow" into the site's search function and you'll be good to go! :) Here goes.... hope it works:

Well like im saying.. Im a newbie at all this and the only thing i can really tell you about is my lighting... Im using fluorescent lights... And i forgot what watts it is... But. Thats why im here.. I need help and i figured someone will help here.. And im sorry if i come here and make myself look stupid.!! I know there a bunch of people that know
what they are doing here

Jollysmoker...nothing about looking stupid! Stupid is letting your plants die because you're too "smart" to ask anyone else for help! lol
I'm using CFL's and have a minimum of 350W (equivalent) on each of my plants. CFL's can now be had up to 300W bulbs. I haven't found any of those yet but Wallyworld & Ace Hardware both keep the 150 & 200W in stock. This is a CFL tutorial that I found on this site... its awesome!
CFL Light Tutorial

:peace:

Jollysmoker, If you click the link to my journal at the bottom (Beateo's Soil, Lemon Kush...etc...), go to the last page and I've just posted a picture of my lighting set-up. It's a do-it-yourself deal and it's only expensive because I made it that way! lol You could make a lighting set-up like mine for less than $50 for the bulbs and hoods. I just tend to over-do everything. Hope this is some help. :peace:

welcome to :420:

seems like beateo has u on the right track ..check out my signature below for good starter links and our monthly contest ..

@jollysmkr , well you have come to the right place as beateo has stated start with this How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know! under the tool bar marked grow room .......fqa , lighting , sponsors and the like. i am somewhat new to this also but was guided through the steps of growing from some helpful friends here at 420 mag...........1) you have managed to germinate ,good start...2) it seems obvious that you are using plain old dirt. you have weeds growing w/ your girls (hopefully) get them in some good soil , i would not use mg anything , try our sponsors page for good soil ......at this stage the plant is very fragile and can be stressed easy. when you are transplanting you always want to get a nice ball of dirt w/ the root although this dirt you are using is too dirty so dont take a lot of it. about the size of a golf ball, get it in the good soil in its forever home ..transplanting too many times can cause a lot of stress on the plant w/ bad outcomes. as for the light you might want to invest in a blue plant light (check sponsors for good lighting products ) as part of the veg state. use the blue plant light w/ cfl, hps or light of your choosing , get all this done and you are on the way to a good start. **beateo is right you have some stretching bring the lights closer w/ a cfl you can bring that light w/i a few inches of the plant , take care not to let this seedling touch the light.......** let us know how it is going, and no one is an idiot or stupid for asking questions.........the one who is an idiot or stupid is the one who does not ask questions and have a lot of hard work just die !!

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom