First grow, couple pics, any advice?

canewb

This is my first grow.

Almost 5 weeks old.

Started out in 1 gallon smart pots with Coco.

Moved them in to 5 gallon smart pots at around 2 weeks.

Using a Reflector 96x3W. Oscillating fan is strapped to the top of the tent and pointing at a 45ish degree down. 4" inline filter with carbon filter.

Using Canna A+B ( 30 mL / 10L ) and just recently added OptiCal (Cal/Mag @ 10 mL / 10 L).

I usually give them 1L of solution in the morning, and additional 500 mL tap water to make sure it runs through.

Both are White Widow from Canuk Seeds, a freebie from a seed order.

They were at 20/4 cycle but I slowly brought them back to 18/6 in prep for moving to 12/12 soon.

I topped both 8 days ago. The bigger of the two didn't grow two shoots after topping, just a singular. The smaller plant grew two shoots as expected.

How am I doing? I was thinking about switching to 12/12 at 6 weeks.

XYqa4la.jpg

gJw9Iow.jpg

I think I was going to run out of space, so I switched over to 12/12 at around 5 1/2 weeks.

They're 6 weeks old today. The bigger of the two has a height of 32" from the bottom of the smartpot to the top of the canopy.

Everything appears to be going well, just surprised by the size.

ZMpuZLL.jpg

WJFMgNv.jpg

I strongly suspect that the smaller of my two babies is a boy. I've attached a couple of pics, hoping someone can confirm.

-- Suspected Male --
X7c12VB.jpg

IJ9r0yF.jpg

--

If someone can confirm the man-hood of this plant, it would really set my mind at ease. I already pulled it out of the tent for good measure.

And here's a picture of my big baby. I suspect it's a female. There's a couple of white hairs coming out of the nodes, but not much else.

Yoxj3wv.jpg

BALLS!!! Damnit! Yep, you gotta yank that bad boy and get that rooster out of the hen house.

:thumb::goodjob::bravo:Fantastic looking plants though! Its nice to see what can be done with those reflector LEDs. I can't wait to fire mine up in a few days. What are the dimensions of your tent?

Keep it growing, looks like you're doing great!
:Namaste:
-Monkey

BALLS!!! Damnit! Yep, you gotta yank that bad boy and get that rooster out of the hen house.

:thumb::goodjob::bravo:Fantastic looking plants though! Its nice to see what can be done with those reflector LEDs. I can't wait to fire mine up in a few days. What are the dimensions of your tent?

Thanks to you (and the others) for the reassurances. I pulled the male out and gave it an honourable death. :)

The tent I'm using is 2x4x6. I was very surprised at how big the lady was growing, and I still suspect I'm going to have space troubles near the end of the grow. I've got about 8" left at the top of the tent where I can pull the light up.

The lady has seemingly enjoyed being the only plant in here and is definitely becoming wider every day.

Sadly yes, down to one baby.

6LcV8I5.jpg

She's about 40" wide and 39" tall (bottom of pot to top of plant).

Never would have suspected the 2x4 tent would be small :p

Just about 4 weeks in to flower period now. The plant is far bigger than I had expected. Doubtful I could have the same results with two in here, so it's not so bad that there is only one in the space.

I'm not a heavy user and I use a vaporizer, so my needs are pretty low.

I don't have an EC meter and have been guessing my way to success so far. I've had some days where it was clearly too much water solution. I think about 20 mL / 10 L Canna A+B is working, and she gets around 2-3 L of water every morning.

ST6dzYW.jpg

TZQQAqq.jpg

So I'm a total noob starting a grow and you have the same light and tent as me ! I don't know shit about soils vs coco vs hydro vs... You get the idea anyways your plants look so bomb I was hoping you might shot me a msg with some tips on medium you used and I'm guessing the canna a b thing is nutes/food sorry for the ignorance but I'm very new to this all and am on disability so anything I can order is a lifesaver! Anyways thanks to anyone for any tips I'm just looking for simple directions I'm guessing 80% of these forum users are smarter than me I'm super impressed at how much really goes into growing medical marijuana so hopefully I can learn cause it really helps but I can't afford it!

So I'm a total noob starting a grow and you have the same light and tent as me ! I don't know shit about soils vs coco vs hydro vs... You get the idea anyways your plants look so bomb I was hoping you might shot me a msg with some tips on medium you used and I'm guessing the canna a b thing is nutes/food sorry for the ignorance but I'm very new to this all and am on disability so anything I can order is a lifesaver! Anyways thanks to anyone for any tips I'm just looking for simple directions I'm guessing 80% of these forum users are smarter than me I'm super impressed at how much really goes into growing medical marijuana so hopefully I can learn cause it really helps but I can't afford it!
plenty of help here on this site, come by my grow if you want I try and tell exactly what I put in and when.

plenty of help here on this site, come by my grow if you want I try and tell exactly what I put in and when.

As well you can start your own journal in the "journals in progress" section and invite others to join you in your adventure. And if you have a problem you can always post back here with your issue and others can see what you have done up to the point the issue occurred, if you document your journal with pics and details.

At 8 weeks of flower now, everything seems to be going well.

I originally had my fan oriented towards the plant, but one morning I noticed a branch had collapsed from the breeze and the weight, so I'm now pointing the fan against the tent to still provide some circulation, but decrease the strength directly against the plant.

I've had some overnute issues, but nothing this girl hasn't been able to cope with.

She's getting about 1.5-2L of solution per day now, although the amount before runoff seems to be decreasing every day.

Not sure I can post pictures since my thread was moved here.

Anyone have a fool-proof method for drying and curing? And any tips for long term storage? I was thinking about using my foodsaver once it's dried and cured, since my day to day needs will be pretty small and there appears to be a good harvest on the way.

Back
Top Bottom