First grow, couple questions

cloudy01

Whats up guys im a big time grow noob and joined up for advice and stuff on my first grow. I currently have 4 germ'd seeds in plastic cups with some miracle grow organic choice soil in there (hope i chose well, we shall find out in a couple days). I currently have em under a lamp which i put a 19w cfl in and closed the whole thing off. Honestly i have not any clue what i am doing but reading up has been great and i hope it pays off! I cant keep this grow inside tho sadly because my lease is up in a few months but i will be transplanting the girls outside at some point (a couple weeks i think, correct?) i have a great spot picked out and everything so hopefully my first grow will go nicely. ill try to start some kinda log so i can halfway track my progress and get advice from everyone here (it will be needed lol). O and im keeping the girls under 24hr. light til its time to transplant outdoors. (is this correct as well?) ill have lots of questions and concerns on my first grow. thanks for all the great reading guys, stay up!

p.s doing some research on these lights says 840 lumens and the spectrum on the top of the package says daylight. so should i keep the girls under this 24hr. "daylight" until seedlings come up? And should i go buy a couple more of em? thanks guys lol

more light = more growth. if you can get a few more cfls then itll help get your babies strong before the move outdoors. a peice of advice when transplanting outside, leave your plants out for a couple hours then bring em back inside and gradually increase their exposure to the sun. indoors plant must adjust to the sunlight or they'' wither. if you cant move them back and forth, putting them in a shady spot at first should help.
other than that it sounds like youre on your way to an awesome grow.
lots o luck

I do believe that most freezes in the South are in the past for now. You are starting a hobby that can consume you even though you may just be waiting! lol And the waiting does pay off!

thanks guys! ya our freezes are over now, i keep expecting the sun to come out but today its raining and crap. good news tho is that i now have seedlings! they sprouted last night and i cant wait for the first batch of leaves to come in. def. gunna be a proud parent. ill try and snap some pictures of the little tikes today after classes. stay up!

Congrats on your new babies!

Thanks man, im pretty proud!

Here's some pix of my chillren! haha

this is ol yeller cuz she's a lil yellow lol
S6300411-1.jpg

this is ninja turtle cuz the seed is still attached a lil bit.
S6300414-2.jpg

this is flop cuz she's just a little sideways haha
S6300419-3.jpg

and my best looker yet. im callin her sunshine.
S6300416-4.jpg

well this is ol yeller again a little bigger w/a better pic of the yellowing and theres a brown spot :( any suggestions for a remedy? i recall reading yellowing was caused by nitrogen defficiency. correct me if im wrong.

S6300420-5.jpg

I don't think that is lack of nitrogen. It looks like that one had a small seed sheding problem....Keep an eye on the color of the next stack coming out..

hm well that one did seem to pop out slightly yellow from the seed. ill make sure to keep an eye on her. and another question the girl shown as ninja turtle earler finally shed her seed but a leaf came off with it. im thinkin its not the end of the world lol but man she looks like a gimp! haha. thanks for the help irie.

edit: she popped her second leaves and they look awfully....green! haha

If I were you I wouldn't use miraclegro soil when you transplant them. Try Black gold organic, Fox Farm Ocean Forest, Roots Organic. All these are better suited for what were growing and they are pretty cheap.

Back
Top Bottom