First Grow - Crop King White Widow & Hash Plant

Day 60 for the ww's and 30 for the hash plant ladies. I need a better camera but you can actually see the leaves getting frosty, Which was exciting:high-five:

I think two more weeks until I flip the switch, but if that time comes I won't rush it if I don't think they're ready. I may top the hash plants one more time, but they don't seem to respond to it as well as white widow.

White widows are the 3 in the middle in the group photo
image6417.jpeg

Day 60 for the ww's and 30 for the hash plant ladies. I need a better camera but you can actually see the leaves getting frosty, Which was exciting:high-five:

I think two more weeks until I flip the switch, but if that time comes I won't rush it if I don't think they're ready. I may top the hash plants one more time, but they don't seem to respond to it as well as white widow.

White widows are the 3 in the middle in the group photo
image6417.jpeg

Amazing Plants, How high up is your light from the canopy?

After checking your journal I think you are in the same stage of growth as I am.

I just measured and I have them 34 inches away, I was heavily focused on light distribution. I'm going to move them closer this week to see if it helps the budding spots stretch a bit more. But they're going better than expected so we will see. Thanks for the kind words! You'll (and your ladies) love the Mars 1600

I'm making the flip to 12 12 in a little over a week, this is probably my last update before I do.

It's been smooth sailing so far aside from a bit of what I think is nitrogen deficiency on a few leaves. I did some LST tonight on the hash plants, and did a bit of trimming. I've been using EWC, dry bat gauno, molasses, and a few other organics.

image6818.jpeg

Man... you're gonna have some monsters when you flip and they stretch out.
You sure you're good on room? They can sure fill your flower area in a heartbeat.

I definitely have the vertical room, I was planning to use ties or light rope to hold them up if width becomes an issue. Do you think I'm ok to make the switch today?

I definitely have the vertical room, I was planning to use ties or light rope to hold them up if width becomes an issue. Do you think I'm ok to make the switch today?

You, of course, could. They're obviously plenty mature and bushy.
The question relates to yield and space. The longer you veg, the bigger the plant... the bigger the plant, the larger the yield.
You get the idea.

I'm making the flip to 12 12 in a little over a week, this is probably my last update before I do.

It's been smooth sailing so far aside from a bit of what I think is nitrogen deficiency on a few leaves. I did some LST tonight on the hash plants, and did a bit of trimming. I've been using EWC, dry bat gauno, molasses, and a few other organics.

image6818.jpeg

I just arrived at your journal, but I'm going to barge right in with opinions.
I read that you are flipping to 12/12 in a week and my immediate thought was "Why would you ruin a perfectly good grow by doing that.?"

Man... you're gonna have some monsters when you flip and they stretch out.
You sure you're good on room? They can sure fill your flower area in a heartbeat.

Neighbors has an 8x8' flower room room and 9 plants. IMO you could fit 16 plants twice as tall in there if there is enough light.

If you make the switch today, you may have as little as half the yield as if you make the switch in 3 weeks.

How tall is your light above the soil?

I just arrived at your journal, but I'm going to barge right in with opinions.
I read that you are flipping to 12/12 in a week and my immediate thought was "Why would you ruin a perfectly good grow by doing that.?"

Neighbors has an 8x8' flower room room and 9 plants. IMO you could fit 16 plants twice as tall in there if there is enough light.

If you make the switch today, you may have as little as half the yield as if you make the switch in 3 weeks.

How tall is your light above the soil?

Appreciate the help! I have my Mars 1600 about 2 feet about the canopy and a Osram 100w led tilted on the left side for some extra light about 1.5 feet away.

Should I move it closer? So you think I should wait 3 more weeks and then flip? I gave them some p rich bat gauno today in prep, will this still be ok to wait on the flip? Thanks again

You, of course, could. They're obviously plenty mature and bushy.
The question relates to yield and space. The longer you veg, the bigger the plant... the bigger the plant, the larger the yield.
You get the idea.

And that I agree with - heartily :green_heart:

Neighbors you have done very well.

The soil seems to be full of energy. Enough energy to take some clones the day you flip to 12/12, drop them in a cloner bucket outside your tent, place them in solo cups 2 weeks from harvest, and transplant the clones into the used soil the day you harvest.

And that I agree with - heartily :green_heart:

Neighbors you have done very well.

The soil seems to be full of energy. Enough energy to take some clones the day you flip to 12/12, drop them in a cloner bucket outside your tent, place them in solo cups 2 weeks from harvest, and transplant the clones into the used soil the day you harvest.

Thank you!! I'll wait 3 weeks and enjoy the larger harvest. I've put a lot of time and effort into this so it feels good to hear I'm doing alright. I've tried some expirimenting with my soil and it seems to have paid off.

Appreciate the help! I have my Mars 1600 about 2 feet about the canopy and a Osram 100w led tilted on the left side for some extra light about 1.5 feet away.

Should I move it closer? So you think I should wait 3 more weeks and then flip? I gave them some p rich bat gauno today in prep, will this still be ok to wait on the flip? Thanks again

I would not move them closer. The girls are happy as they are. I would keep moving up the light to maintain 2 feet until most of the flowering stretch is done, then let them grow towards the lights .

You feed your girls so much more than I do, I can't say how they will react to the guano. Are you trying to do some sort of anion /cation flip inside the soil for timing? If not you are just fine.

You seem to have a feeding plan you are following, care to share it?

A good place to ask about feeding your soil is Building a Better Soil - Demonstrations & Discussions of Organic Soil Recipes

If you were to hang you Mars Hydro 1600 as high as possible - what would be the distance from the bottom of the light to the top of your soil? 6 feet?

The distance from canopy is how you position the light. The distance from the rootball to close to the light is the space available to fill with leaves and buds.

As far as I know, the recommended coverage area for the Mars II 1600 is 4x4' --- so you probably don't want to spread your girls too wide for your light. SmokeSara of Mars has a big thread for questions if you haven't been there Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I would not move them closer. The girls are happy as they are. I would keep moving up the light to maintain 2 feet until most of the flowering stretch is done, then let them grow towards the lights .

You feed your girls so much more than I do, I can't say how they will react to the guano. Are you trying to do some sort of anion /cation flip inside the soil for timing? If not you are just fine.

You seem to have a feeding plan you are following, care to share it?

A good place to ask about feeding your soil is Building a Better Soil - Demonstrations & Discussions of Organic Soil Recipes

Thanks for sharing that link, I'm definitely going to join in.

I have done a ton of research and I'm basically feeding when I think they are hungry. I did the indonesian bat guano because I planned to flip today and I'm told dry guano takes a while to actually be eaten up (not sure if this is true, mine seem to eat it quickly). I am also thinking of getting some nemotodes for the soil. I'm told their waste works like worm castings. I haven't fed very much at all for the entire grow compared to other journals I follow though. I'm hoping to develop my own feeding system and experiment lots, I'd love to contribute to the cannabis community in a big and meaningful way someday.

So far all my ingredients have been:

SeaSoil (sourced from northern british columbia - absolutely amazing soil)
Locally sourced soil
Organic perlite
EWC
Dry Bat Guano
Rare Earth by general hydroponics
Giaia Green (this stuff seems to be amazing and all organic to boot)
Blood Meal
Kelp meal
Alfalfa meal

Things I picked up and haven't used yet
Liquid Karma
Organic Pure Blend Pro Bloom for Soil

Coolest lesson I've learned so far - Hash Plants were planted a month after my WW. I did a Seasoil on bottom, coco in the middle, and seasoil on top, with organic perlite mixed in. They have grown insanely faster than my WW. Obviously my ww look better, but they're a month older now. The coco in the middle seem to let the roots spread faster, results in quicker growth.

If you were to hang you Mars Hydro 1600 as high as possible - what would be the distance from the bottom of the light to the top of your soil? 6 feet?

The distance from canopy is how you position the light. The distance from the rootball to close to the light is the space available to fill with leaves and buds.

As far as I know, the recommended coverage area for the Mars II 1600 is 4x4' --- so you probably don't want to spread your girls too wide for your light. SmokeSara of Mars has a big thread for questions if you haven't been there Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

If I put the light on the roof, about 5.5ish feet yeah. It's current about 3.5 feet from soil.

Back
Top Bottom