First Grow - Doubts - Suggestions?

GrowinDank

Hey everyone!

So this is my first attempt at growing. Just some bagseed I had laying around.

It germinated great and started sprouting just the other day. But after looking closer at the seedling I have some doubts.

Here is a photo of it so far...

ASH_2012.JPG

It looks very sad.

Notice the little pinch it has near where it enters the soil.
Does this look normal at all?
If not, is there anyway I can help it? I am out of seeds and really want this one to work out.

Thanks guys! Hope to hear from someone soon!

Re: First Grow. Doubts :/ Suggestions?

:welcome: to :420:

I would carefully mound the soil up around that pinched area and try to get the sprout to stand upright. I wouldn't water for a while as the soil appears to be wet enough as it is, hopefully it will recover but it doesn't look good. :goodluck:

Thanks! I mounded up the soil around it and got it to stand upright.

Do you have any clue as to why this might have happened? Just for future reference...

It looks likes the point of attachment on the seed from which the root and the shoot eminate. It appears to be damaged in some manner, perhaps due to a genetic defect within the seed, a malformed seed, or it was separated from the seed too early for some reason, all guesses as it is hard to be really sure what happened.

Alrighty. Just trying to make sure I didn't do something wrong. Hopefully it survives...It doesn't look any worse today so I guess that's something.

Thanks again ColoradoHigh!

yeah, and what type of soil are you using? Looks like pretty dense, rich stuff. I'm a fan of rootz organics for my seedlings and young veggies. The young plants can be very sensitive to overstimulation, and root development favors loose soil with this particular plant. Also, what are you watering with? These basic things can all promote the health and survival of your plants. I just use a splash of white vinegar (Ph 5%) per gallon of water to adjust the ph of my tap water. Been very successful since day 1. Small adjustments can be made just by doing your research on sites like this and paying attention to your girls.

yeah it's pretty dense soil. I've been looking around for some loose soil.
Using vinegar sounds like a good idea! I have a feeling the ph of my water is another issue. Thanks for that Halfbreed!

Back
Top Bottom