First Grow, Downward Curling Leaves

Hey Prosper and welcome. You are getting the right advise here. Your plant was drowning, They need lots and lots of oxygen .And with the rockwool touching the water it was a big sponge. An inch or two above the water level with a good air stone bubbling away underneath. You have a tap root that should reach down and take up nutes. I would start out with 1/8 strength until you see some strong growth in your plant. Did you ph the rockwool before you placed the seedling? If not you may have ph problems all through the grow. Ph your nutes to around 5.6 and let it swing up through 6 or 6.2 allowing a good range for uptake. The best of luck with your grow.

They are on the edge of life and death if they are 2 weeks old.
Hey Prosper and welcome. You are getting the right advise here. Your plant was drowning, They need lots and lots of oxygen .And with the rockwool touching the water it was a big sponge. An inch or two above the water level with a good air stone bubbling away underneath. You have a tap root that should reach down and take up nutes. I would start out with 1/8 strength until you see some strong growth in your plant. Did you ph the rockwool before you placed the seedling? If not you may have ph problems all through the grow. Ph your nutes to around 5.6 and let it swing up through 6 or 6.2 allowing a good range for uptake. The best of luck with your grow.
Thanks for writing , yes I PH adjusted the rockwool medium before I used it for my seed. I have changed the water levels and plan on doing a water change with fresh nutes tomorrow. Joining this forum is the best decision yet

I wouldn;t use much of anything yet. Just be super easy til they bounce back. Quarter strength nutes regardless.
That's correct, no calmag, nothing extra, let it recover.
And the 1/8th strength is good, that's what I used to precharge my coco with, and what I used to dunk my rockwool cube with a Northern Lights Auto seedling into to promote root growth.

Yeah I have PH / PPM pens. Although my PPM recently died due to water lol you would think they'd waterproof an item whose usecase is to be dipped in water. I have dropped the water levels and I have bubbles hitting 1 root that's made it through the getting , there are about 10 smaller roots at the bottom of the Rockwool though. I'm doing a full nute change tomorrow so I will take your advice and go 1/4 strength. Awesome community vibes guys! Lovin' it
Btw that one root that made it through is the main feeder root, it's the plant's first main root looking for water, let that root be, don't accidentally break it like I did, it'll stunt it's growth!
On that note anything we do to alter this plants appearance, topping, fimming, lst.... takes time for the plant to recover, let it recover before doing anything else.

Hey all , definitely noticed some change when I lowered the water level. More leaves coming through and the stem is thicker. Today I cleaned the bucket and changed the water with 1/8 micro nutes added (as recommended). I have noticed much more root growth come through. With that said I noticed the roots have a tinge of yellow , is that normal? I took some photos of the plant and the roots. Thanks all

Attachments

• 20190914_161828.jpg
    20190914_161828.jpg
    587.3 KB · Views: 172
  • 20190914_161820.jpg
    20190914_161820.jpg
    681.7 KB · Views: 180
  • 20190914_161634.jpg
    20190914_161634.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 171
  • 20190914_161630.jpg
    20190914_161630.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 175
Not sure on the yellow roots, that's for someone with more knowledge then me . I would think at this age that it is just staining from the nutes. As for keeping your res clean I have been using an additive for ponds and fountains called Microb-lift. It is food grade and can be used to raise fish for consumption. I also change out my res. religiously once a week. At the end of a grow the inside of the res. is still squeaky clean.

Hey all,

I am 2 weeks into a grow and all seems to be going relatively well.

However for sometime now I've noticed downward curling leaves on my plant and wanted to know if this looks normal or if this is some symptom of other issue at play.

Please see pics and give your thoughts

(Note: Just for reference the first two leaves that sprout after the solar panels)
Are you spraying the foliage?

Back
Top Bottom