First Grow DWC Bubbler

oh yeah dont forget to rinsh the hygrotone off with warm water before you use it. otherwise its a mess when you go to clean out your resivoirs latter on.

Ok so here are the plants close up. As you can see I have (sadly) lost a quite a few. I'm down to ten that I feel can do well. But they just don't look that healthy. When should I try to place them under the 400w mh? I feel like the moisture in the beginning got most of them but I don't feel like I am overwatering now... Just not sure how much to give them/ how moist to keep the rockwool.
IMG_20120426_114343.jpg
IMG_20120426_114311.jpg
IMG_20120426_114257.jpg
IMG_20120426_114249.jpg
IMG_20120426_114231.jpg
IMG_20120426_114142.jpg
IMG_20120426_114135.jpg

yes correct, chopping off the tips of the roots, but seeing in how these ladys are fighting right now, i wouldnt advise that. dont do it. (thats a littleb trick for healthier plants)
Dont let that get you down though, there is still hope for these seedlings it just goign to take a little time.

as far as watering goes, gab yourself a fresh dry piece of rockwool out of the packcake and hold it. now compare this to one of your cubes with a seedling, fel the difference, well you never want your seedling cubes to ever get that dry again but you do want them to feel lighter and moist to the touch, opposed to heavy and saturated to the touch. this will take a day to a day and a half for your size seedlings in between waterings.you have a nice little set of tap roots pokingout the bottom there, go ahead and keep them in those little slots in your germination try (keeping the underside of tray moist with sprayer and 1/8 strength nurients.

in another 6-7 days check roots again, by this point your plants should be looking healthier as im sure your making adjustments to your setup to fix whatever caused your high humidity and over watering issue??

you should NOT have any fans running in the rm for circulation at this stage, the only fans you should have running ar the ones to exhaust hot air and bring in fresh air, seedling are too young yet for dirrect air.
your rm is between 75-79 deg F.?
humidity should be between 45-50%
light is one strip HO T5 2" above tops of seedlings (they stay under this light until they have healthy strong root structure and are ready for transplant. once plants are transplanted they can be introduced to 400Watt MH, only make sure light is as high above the plants as it can be!!! seedlings are hella sensative to HID lighting, then 2nd day lower it 6", 3rd day another 6" 4th day another 6" over and over until the HID light is sitting roughly 3.5-4' above the seedlings. NO CLOSER... once the seedlings are at least 10" tall, sturdy and stout. then you can push it to 2.5-3' away from the tops but usually there is no need.

once your seedlings are transplanted you should use a measuring cup to pure water down over hyrotone and drip down into the bucket to help roots grow, do this once in am and once in pm only 1-2 cups of your 1/2 nute solution should be fine. then when roots finally reach bottom of pot (2-3 days with bottom of rockwool planted 3" above bottom of net pot and nutrient solution) you wont have to water anymore.

but at this stage i will advise that root prunning, like i said if you look at my journal youll see the results in DWC.

hope this helps.

how are the ladys looking? to be honest if you have some more seeds id say pop some of them bitches out. now that you are more educated on the subject i bet you could get some fresh starts to grow faster and stronger then the ones you already got going. but thats just because the ones growing might be stressed and will grow slowly until it kicks all its issues. ive had to do this many times. i just recently got the hang of germinating in rockwool/ rappid rooters. i kept getting damping off or drying out. the two extremes from what we actually want lol. but thats what this is all about a learning experience and as long as we learn from our experiences no seedling loss is a complete loss. its only when we dont learn from our a mistakes that a mistake is actually a mistake.

I use dwc too. I just use seed plug with a humidty dome.With nothing but 5.8 ph water. and once the roots are about 4 to 6 inchs long then i drop them in my buckets. i use a 4 bulb 2ft t5 light that sets right on top of the dome. But my buket system is simpler then your. just a 5gl bucket with air 4inch air stone and 1\2inch pluming that goes to a resivoir. plus i have it hook up to drain when i do my water change. i love the dwc setup. check out my journal. i do have so old pix from thefirst of the year that i need to put in my photo's.
but get you some light close to those sprouts so they dont strech with a small fan. they will do good.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom