First Grow DWC

Gadget Man

Hey Folks! This is my first grow and we are trying DWC. Already, after fighting PH everyday I see myself getting an auto doser in a month or two. Trying to get away with not getting a chiller, dealing with around 70 degree temps. I'm going to build a RDWC with one plant bucket and one res tank. Pictures soon. Help if you can.

Hey Folks! This is my first grow and we are trying DWC. Already, after fighting PH everyday I see myself getting an auto doser in a month or two. Trying to get away with not getting a chiller, dealing with around 70 degree temps. I'm going to build a RDWC with one plant bucket and one res tank. Pictures soon. Help if you can.

PH is always in issue with hydro, but truly easy to deal with. You'll find the most fluctuation before you get roots in the res. Once the roots hit the res, PH becomes much more stable. If you're like most of us, you'll find PH drifting up over time. Assuming this is the case, PH to about 5.5 and you can let it drift up to 6.0 before PH'ing back down. I've found adding some Dutch Masters Zone, in addition to healthy roots, helps keep PH down. And, several manufacturers make PH-balanced nutes (I was using Advanced Nutes PH-Perfect Line) so you don't have to adjust PH.

I hope that helps!

:Namaste:

K

I'm running rdwc 7 bucket system with 80 to 88f water temps. No issue yet
Actually I take that back, warmer water has proved to need 6.3 ph most of the time vs the traditional 5.8

I also use hydroguard

Back
Top Bottom