First grow ever. 5gal DWC

south facing slope (norther hemisphere)

Visit the site in the hot months July/August to see if there is going to be water near by.

Rat traps to keep animals away. (won't really hurt large animals but it will scare em off)

Plant in a line... not a cleared circle. Everyone plants in cleared circles (roundish clearings) so thats what the flying pigs look for.

south facing slope (norther hemisphere)

Visit the site in the hot months July/August to see if there is going to be water near by.

Rat traps to keep animals away. (won't really hurt large animals but it will scare em off)

Plant in a line... not a cleared circle. Everyone plants in cleared circles (roundish clearings) so thats what the flying pigs look for.

Thanks HeadMed, will do!

ok. she's looking droopy today
DSC000911.JPG

DSC00090.JPG

not really sure how over or under watering works, because its always in the water. I'm guessing it relates to the level of oxygen? but I am using quite a powerful pump for just 5 gallons and 2 airstones.

How hot was it today... whats it feel like under the light? Don't look like anything huge yet.. as long as it doesn't last. If it was a little warm you can see this... cool it down and the next day it should be back. (People say I'm aggressive, but I'd disappear those lame ducks at the bottom of the plant. (leaves) Their about 50%+ damaged and therefore no longer a benefit to the plant, and becoming a drain.)

With your setup are the roots always submerged in water or do they have time to breathe?

With your setup are the roots always submerged in water or do they have time to breathe?

always submerged in water. They breath from all the oxygen bubbles pumped in by the air pump.

DSC000941.JPG

DSC00096.JPG

heat is consistently at 86, I think the crisping is due to the heat. It still has to be moved downstairs but its a big job it will have to wait a day

Also those things have a lot of watter for their size. They gotta grow into them roots. The roots fill the plant up with water faster than it can evaporate it.

here she is, in the new setup. lol it looks like trash but it took an entire afternoon, would have gone a lot faster if I had a buddy to help me but alas, such is marijuana cultivation.

thar she blows:

DSC00097.JPG

DSC00098.JPG

Heres how it looked this morning:

DSC000991.JPG

here's how it looks now:

DSC001001.JPG

DSC001011.JPG

Also, the tds meter finally came. but it did not come with any calibration solution, just two bottles of ph buffer solution. I was thinking I would be able to use distilled water to calibrate zero, would that work? If not can I just buy any old calibration solution or must it be from this company, I doubt i will get much help from the ebay seller.

Any calibration solution should work. Also have I mentioned that I suggest removing those dying leaves.. :)

yes you did I'm sorry i never acknowledged you. Even if you are right I am hesitant to do so just because its like my baby haha. But I will remove them soon. thanks!

No rush dude.. not being pushy, just trying to be funny.. (failing miserably). You have good healthy new growth. Those old dying things aren't helping anymore in fact they could be costing the plant energy. Compare the damaged surface area of the leaf to the healthy. When it it hits 50/50 it's a wash. When it passes 50/50 the sick leaves can actually tax the plant. Dying leaves are also a weak spot... susceptible to disease etc. and must be maintained by the plant. At best it hardens around the damaged areas (think scar) and lets it die. At worst poisons leech into the system.

Now think of the surface area of a small stem ... say at the bottom of the leaf that must be sealed of after it's been clipped. It's a lot smaller, and easier for the plant to deal with.

It's could to be cautious when cutting on yer plants though. Only do what yer comfortable doing.

^ truth. What is the nutrient solution your running...

pure blend pro: grow

By foliar spray with fish emulsion, could that be bought at any garden store? I know fish emulsion can be. Do I just dilute that and put it in a spray bottle?
Is the sea tea also available at garden stores?

I'm sorry these are questions that could be found out by going to the store but I'm just short for time

Thanks

ok. got the fish emulsion. there are a few categories with different amounts for each:
annuals, perrenials, root vegetables, shrubs, flowering indoor plants, trees, and large indoor plants.

any ideas on what strength to use?

Back
Top Bottom