First Grow Ever 600W LED Will Take Any Advice!

I agree with this, don't lower'em, least not at first. Give all that dense lush goodness you have going on you may actually want to maximize your late veg and early flower stretch so they make some room for themselves you know what mean?

How many tops should I have on 4 plants? Should I keep topping them in first weeks of flower I mean. Will they recover fast enough to get me 2 more top ? Or it's too late and I should only lst and scrog by now ? What's you thoughts guys?
I feel like I don't have many tops on 2 plants ?
:$
Here after first 12 hours of darkness and here's the scrog I made myself with my gf! :)
420-magazine-mobile66829879.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1934093139.jpg

How many tops should I have on 4 plants? Should I keep topping them in first weeks of flower I mean. Will they recover fast enough to get me 2 more top ? Or it's too late and I should only lst and scrog by now ? What's you thoughts guys?

Looking at you journal knight and yours got around 20 tops... I'm.not even near that, more like 5-7 tops each plant maximum

Here after first 12 hours of darkness and here's the scrog I made myself with my gf! :)
420-magazine-mobile66829879.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1934093139.jpg

First, do not top! Once in Flower, it's too late to top them. They will not recover in time. But you can lst. Great work on the scrog. I would put that in there, so that it's just tall enough to be touching the tops of the plants. So as soon as they start stretching, you can tuck them along the screen, that will get you a bunch more tops. And a nice even canopy.

My one scrog'd plant has about 30 tops. She has about 16 main branches, and the rest are tops that grew up out of those 16. So don't worry, just cause you don't see a lot of tops now, she will produce more during her stretch. Hope I've been helpful. Good job and good luck mike!

Sorry been gone a day or two.
Ditto what Kevin said about topping and your question, don't do it once in flower, but yes continue the lst work for a couple weeks. That's mainly how I got so many I think, wasn't about the topping so much as it was lst work and light penetration, i think (or just some luck).
That said there were really only 8 on 'mains' on my CC and there are really only 6-8 'mains' on my WW even though it may look like 20 from a top down sort of view. Nice scrog!

Sorry been gone a day or two.
Ditto what Kevin said about topping and your question, don't do it once in flower, but yes continue the lst work for a couple weeks. That's mainly how I got so many I think, wasn't about the topping so much as it was lst work and light penetration, i think (or just some luck).
That said there were really only 8 on 'mains' on my CC and there are really only 6-8 'mains' on my WW even though it may look like 20 from a top down sort of view. Nice scrog!

Supp, guys been 2 days into flower, can't see the big stretch yet, may be because I see them everyday you may tell me if in wrong hehe. So I listened to you, didn't top, but lsting a little and going to full that scrog. Here's some pic with and without light with the scrog on. And a picture of à leave with some yellowing in it. Have a coupe of them in 2-3 plants. Any thoughts on it ? Should I only feed water next time ? Too hot ? Hope it's not affectif the growth. Ph and last thing, how much water you guys give for that sized plant ? I've been giving around 2L for a while
Now is that ok?Thanks guys !
See you soon
420-magazine-mobile1327380179.jpg
420-magazine-mobile148038207.jpg
420-magazine-mobile329714767.jpg

On the water... depends..(on method you use\like) but for that stage I think in 5gallons I was using 4liters every ~5 days and getting about 400-500ml run off; but I've been using soak the shit out of it and then let it fully dry out method (going by mainly weight). I think 2L every 3-4 days should be plenty for yours. On the yellowing, double check that in-ph, and maybe try to sample out ph. I wish I had better anwser but I have some of that going on myself that I can't solve at the moment. That outside-In progression though could be burn, or maybe deficiency related to low\high ph, could maybe be from a little over-watering too. Just don't go overboard trouble shooting it just yet (ie don't over-correct with anything), over all the plants look good.

On the water... depends..(on method you use\like) but for that stage I think in 5gallons I was using 4liters every ~5 days and getting about 400-500ml run off; but I've been using soak the shit out of it and then let it fully dry out method (going by mainly weight). I think 2L every 3-4 days should be plenty for yours. On the yellowing, double check that in-ph, and maybe try to sample out ph. I wish I had better anwser but I have some of that going on myself that I can't solve at the moment. That outside-In progression though could be burn, or maybe deficiency related to low\high ph, could maybe be from a little over-watering too. Just don't go overboard trouble shooting it just yet (ie don't over-correct with anything), over all the plants look good.

High there !! 4-5 days into flower, girls are stretching a little but not that much yet I think.. they are finally touching the scrog, hope they going to grow enough so I can tuck them everywhere inside the scrog ! What's your thoughts about then ??
420-magazine-mobile1828116745.jpg

High there !! 4-5 days into flower, girls are stretching a little but not that much yet I think.. they are finally touching the scrog, hope they going to grow enough so I can tuck them everywhere inside the scrog ! What's your thoughts about then ??
420-magazine-mobile1828116745.jpg

Looking good! Don't worry man, still got a couple weeks of stretch left. You will be surprised at how much she will grow. Let them grow up a few inches above the screen, then start tucking the branches. They will get there, good luck

Looking good! Don't worry man, still got a couple weeks of stretch left. You will be surprised at how much she will grow. Let them grow up a few inches above the screen, then start tucking the branches. They will get there, good luck

Thanks guys !! I have an other question about the nutrients; at which point should I switch to bloom nutes, since it doesn't start before the 3rd week or so? Do I keep giving thrive nutes until then or I start a little before ?
Thank you !

I would wait till second or third week into flower, till then keep the veg formula or mostly veg formula.

Sup guys almost 2 weeks into flower, about 10-15 tops have reach the scrog and budsites are forming, I hope I'm in the range of time and everything is going well I have nothing to compare with haha!
Here's the pictures let me know what you think.
420-magazine-mobile889394847.jpg
420-magazine-mobile799228721.jpg

Looking good mike, starting to develop a nice even canopy. They should fill out your scrog real nice. Maybe try and separate your ladies an inch or two from each other. Really try an stretch out their bud sites. Just something to think about, it could open them up to better light penetration and air flow. They are definitely looking healthy! .

Howzit going man,
Your plants are suffering from nitrogen toxicity. Trim all damaged leaves and flush your babies, then let the soil dry.. THEN , dont panic im gonna sort it out organic :) Go buy unsulphured molasses , 1 tea cup boiling water +1 tea spoon molasses + stir THEN pour the molasses tea into a 2lt bottle and fill with cold water and feed your babies :thumb:

Howzit going man,
Your plants are suffering from nitrogen toxicity. Trim all damaged leaves and flush your babies, then let the soil dry.. THEN , dont panic im gonna sort it out organic :) Go buy unsulphured molasses , 1 tea cup boiling water +1 tea spoon molasses + stir THEN pour the molasses tea into a 2lt bottle and fill with cold water and feed your babies :thumb:
Yeah they have some slight clawing, cant really tell their color under the leds, but they dont look too bad. Still barley week 2 stretch, so their still using nitrogen. But I would start decreasing nitro, while increasing the bloom nutes. After a flush obviously. Which I just learned the hard way, must be done proper. Meaning at least 2x the gallons of your pot. 5 gal use 10 gal, at least.

Although it is hard to tell the real color of the leaves under leds. Can you take a pic in natural light mike?

I'm not sure that I agree with that, lol I have a lady currently suffering from nitro toxicity. Symptoms are darker leaves, and some clawing. I'm not really seeing that here with Mikes crop. Still barley week 2 stretch, so their still using nitrogen. But I would start decreasing nitro, while increasing the bloom nutes. After a flush obviously. Which I just learned the hard way, must be done proper. Meaning at least 2x the gallons of your pot. 5 gal use 10 gal, at least.

Although it is hard to tell the real color of the leaves under leds. Can you take a pic in natural light mike?

Sure will, when the lights come back on tonight at 9, my last feed was still with grow nutes but was planning on switching to blooom nutes on next watering... now I'm looking at your flush thing.... how am I supposed to put 10gal water with the scrog on o.0 I'm confused... I would have to take the plants in the bath but can't do this with my set up really :I do any ideas ?

Lol I actually edited my post after you quoted it. But after a better look they do have some slight clawing. So a flush and decrease of nitro would be good.

Also had the same issues as you with the flush. It's a tricky thing. I ended up suspending a "crate" over the drip tray. Then when it got full, I took it out and dumped it. Just gotta do your flush at like 2 gallons at a time. Lol

Just remember each strain/genetic has its own set of needs. Your might just need a lighter feed of the nutes you using.
My sativa hybrid gets a lighter feed to the rest as shes a real biiiaaatch.. Just something to keep in mind

Sure will, when the lights come back on tonight at 9, my last feed was still with grow nutes but was planning on switching to blooom nutes on next watering... now I'm looking at your flush thing.... how am I supposed to put 10gal water with the scrog on o.0 I'm confused... I would have to take the plants in the bath but can't do this with my set up really :I do any ideas ?

I feel your pain. ( why I didn't use scrog or netting I have my first time around)

Sucks, but like Like Kev said... raise'em up a few inches some how and let the excess drip into a container of some kind you can either remove real easy or maybe can just shop-vac up... or I saw some guy just use a tiny water pump to pump stuff into another container.

I feel your pain. ( why I didn't use scrog or netting I have my first time around)

Sucks, but like Like Kev said... raise'em up a few inches some how and let the excess drip into a container of some kind you can either remove real easy or maybe can just shop-vac up... or I saw some guy just use a tiny water pump to pump stuff into another container.

I've read some places that it's not the end of the world if there's some grow nutes flloting around since it's still stretching a little. It cannot do much harm to let it go that way. I've read that it's more harmful to try and flush them at that stage in a scrog than just letting the rest of the grow nutes in the pot.

I’ve read some places that it’s not the end of the world if there’s some grow nutes flloting around since it’s still stretching a little. It cannot do much harm to let it go that way. I’ve read that it’s more harmful to try and flush them at that stage in a scrog than just letting the rest of the grow nutes in the pot.

I've read the same and maybe in your case it applies, may may grow out of it if it was mild case since your about to stop with the veg cycle nutes anyway.

Back
Top Bottom