First Grow Ever, Check It Out.

Even node growth shows that the plant is not sexually mature yet, or not ready to be flowered. Once the nodes start alternating, you can flower or take clones successfully. Correct me if I am wrong please.

Well we just induced flowering on friday the 30th, is not being sexually mature yet going to be a problem? We also picked up a bottle of open sesame and wanted to use this, good idea or bad idea?

Ok so... the smell from my closet is stronger this morning... so only bout 2 hours before i can see if anything visible is happening. Oh and about the node growth, we know your not "supposed" to flower till they start alternating. Problem is we're on a tight schedule and on tighter space. This was meant to be an experiment. and... who'da thunk?

All right 420 family we had a little trouble, first two of our four lights broke so we are only at half power at the end of our first week of flowering. Second we lost a plant do to our belief it was male, but not all was lost the roots looked great. So for the most part we have done pretty well, we also believe that our other plant is a female but more on that in a week when we get pictures. One our last plant on some of the upper leaves and newer growth from the last two weeks there is a burn like feature on a upper leaf, its white looking with a kinda yellow orange color before it turns green. is this nut burn?

Ok, 100% sure we have a female. (Happy Dance!) She for sure getting too big for the closet. first we had to keep moving lights up. then we dropped the shelf down which gave us another 1/2 - 3/4 foot to work with, we had the fan down there earlier for circulation. But she was almost touching the lights again tonight so i kinda bent her over, gently, and loosely tied her in place with string. I think this is for the better. Cuz now all her leaves are getting a shite load of light. Cant take good pics of the little white hairs poppin up All over her but will after Christmas... Got a camera for my g/f. so i'll utilize it later. Cell Phone's workin for now.

I have an opportunity to get an air purifier that emits ozone. Would that be good or bad for the plant? i can't remember. Too much :smokin:.It says that it basically does to your house what nature does to the air after a thunderstorm, something about positively charged ions or whatever. Last i heard Thunderstorms make everything green... but thats the Nitrogen?... I really should stop posting high... i'm done.

Its been about three weeks and we have a few questoins
1. Red girl still has yellow leafs on the bottom but the new growth is green is that a problem we can fix?

2. Its been about three weeks since they started and im wondering when to start my flowering. I want to keep the plant small and bush like, do i just tie the top down?

3. Sex? When should we look for the sex of the plants?

Thank to everyone who posts in this topic, feel free to comment anything.

#1. Dont worry about that tooooo too much, you should really only worry if it starts to cover the whole plant. I've seen Sea Tea work wonders here and he can tell you everything about it and then some.

#2. It really all depends on ur growth height availability. u have 5' of space heigth-wise so I would start flowering somewhere close to 2' tall not including the bucket.

#3. You may be lucky to see early signs of sex before you switch to 12/12, but you will definately see either hairs or balls should be by week 2 of 12/12.

Hope this was helpful and your grow goes well, and +Rep for good luck :)

Alright so my buddys internet is down and we cant post pictures for now, but as of right now we are down to one plant that is now in its second week of flowering. Nice little buds with white hairs are everywhere. Give us a few days and we will have those pictures up.

:grinjoint:Hey guys and gals here are our new pictures.
12-07-07_17431.jpg

12-09-07_1751.jpg

12-13-07_1025.jpg

12-15-07_1253.jpg

12-13-07_1024.jpg

12-13-07_1023.jpg

1. Possible Burn?
2. Tied Down
3. Tied Down
4. Tied Down W/Buds
5. Buds!!!!!
6. Idk just a picture

As of now what your verdict on our progress?
Arry said he is possibly going to start to use beastie bloomz sometime this weekend.

Get those lights closer!!! Your CFLs should be roughly 1-3 inches away from your plant. Every inch away, you lose lumens. The burn doesnt look much like nute burn. It looks more like you touched the leaf to something hot(like a light... ive done it alot...) and just burn that end. The plant looks healthy but is lanky and could use either more light or those lights closer. Good luck!

We dont have a newer pic up yet but the lights are closer to the top of the plant on the leftside, so were going to drop the set on the right down and hope it helps make more buds on the bottom half of the plant.

Great. That will help alot. A hood directing the light downwards would help too, but every little bit counts.

Well the problem with keeping the lights low is the plant just keeps growing into them, we had the lights about 2 inches away and within the night she had grownin right up to them again and she burned her self. :(

Then i would suggest some reflector hoods To angle some more light down. How warm does it get in there?

:thedoubletake:Ok guys sorry this hasnt been the greatest journal ever but here is our update, my comp busted and my buddy doesnt have the net anymore so we will have pictures soon.

But the plant stopped growing up and is finaly growing out, we have a nice collection of buds growing everywhere and its finaly becoming full of crystals.:cheesygrinsmiley:

But the bad news is that we have a burn and its killing alot of leaves, we stopped using all nuts and the problem hasnt spred it just keeps killing what it already effected. Will this kill our hopes of a good harvest, should we transplant?

For our next grow i was thinking about making my own pots anyone have an idea on the material i should use? I was maybe thinking pvc or something to that affect.

Thanks for all the help and private messages.:adore:

Back
Top Bottom