First Grow, Ever: Durban Poison Organic Soil 5 Gallon Pots 7 Weeks Veg

She is a female Grand Daddy Purple x a male Liberty Haze cross...I was new and thought the LH was a female o_O and they were the only 2 in the closet at the time :p that was.......9 years ago, and my wife calls her Elizabeth Taylor or Blue diamonds, I called it Mine :rofl:

I can tell you now all it takes is a green thumb and a passion, and you seem to have both :thumb: me I decided to go perpetual as to always have something, dabs, cookies, smoke, I honestly can't remember the last time we went without. I was getting a QP per plant w/CFLs, now I have a 1000w HPS and she's kickin them into overdrive, so, I expect about a half or more in a full flower term :yummy:

I would love it if I get half of what you are getting right now. I have no idea what to expect. I tried all the topping and trimming videos and information I could find. I have no 420 friends where I live. I decided to start this hobby so that I could safely obtain organically grown cannabis. It has turned out to be a great adventure.

I would love it if I get half of what you are getting right now. I have no idea what to expect. I tried all the topping and trimming videos and information I could find. I have no 420 friends where I live. I decided to start this hobby so that I could safely obtain organically grown cannabis. It has turned out to be a great adventure.
I usually don't top or anything, well defoliate near the end but, well here...to early to defoliate...
hps.JPG

Hello GrowGirl, plants look fabulous for your first grow, I’ll be following along, I’m sorta following Emilya around a bit more now as I’m growing in Gaia Green living organic soil and their nutrient line, originally in my head I wanted to go hydro “coco” or something and was buying advanced nutrients line to prep for it knowing nothing at all, but I bought organic soil as a cheaper first grow alternative, i started investing time into learning about hydro and the many different ways, and after a lot of reading I decided it’s not for me, and started reading more into soil grows so I could learn about what my current plants are growing in and I really find all the soil information about making soil and people’s different mixes with organic is really cool and has peaked my interest so I’m having fun learning about it. I’ll be sticking to organic soils in my future grows and want to learn more and more about making my own soil one day and just want to follow more organic grows as that’s what is most interesting to me atm.
Cheers :popcorn:

Hello all,

Well, the light cycle was flipped from 18/6 to 12/12 on 30 Dec 18, after 8 weeks in veg. I put the scrogg net on 11 Jan 19, and I can barely tell it is there. Everything has popped back up through the net. I'm sure I could do more trimming but I'm scared..... first time and all. Will I need a second net put up in a couple weeks?

How are they looking? I guess ok? They seem healthy, more tops than I could have imagine. I simply put into effect what I had learned from everyone on Youtube videos as far as topping, . First grow and so far I think I should be happy. That being said, I have to rely on all of you who have done this before for your opinion and I look forward to hearing from all of you.

Attachments

• DSC_0860.JPG
    DSC_0860.JPG
    612.1 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC_0861.JPG
    DSC_0861.JPG
    512.7 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC_0862.JPG
    DSC_0862.JPG
    515.2 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC_0863.JPG
    DSC_0863.JPG
    557.9 KB · Views: 57
Beautiful plants. I can sure appreciate your personal research, mainly because I have done very little and my introduction to crops harvested by "others" was 50+ years ago. My introduction to growing struck home about 3 yrs ago when I was introduced to CBD oil for some health issues.. So I was practicing with some in-ground grows that were mostly successful at teaching me I was very premature in my excitement to be a Grower. I have been increasing my knowledge here at 420Mag & it has been a true opportunity learn from the members here. Anyway, I am subbed up and grabbing a chair to follow this thru.

Hello all,

Well, the light cycle was flipped from 18/6 to 12/12 on 30 Dec 18, after 8 weeks in veg. I put the scrogg net on 11 Jan 19, and I can barely tell it is there. Everything has popped back up through the net. I'm sure I could do more trimming but I'm scared..... first time and all. Will I need a second net put up in a couple weeks?

How are they looking? I guess ok? They seem healthy, more tops than I could have imagine. I simply put into effect what I had learned from everyone on Youtube videos as far as topping, . First grow and so far I think I should be happy. That being said, I have to rely on all of you who have done this before for your opinion and I look forward to hearing from all of you.
Looking great.
Fingers crossed.

Hi Everyone,

Here is the final update on this post. I did really well I think. I harvested the first couple of plants too early. The buds shriveled up to little airy nugs. Cute tiny little bud that wasn't worth smoking. My worms are loving that stuff. The next two plants were harvested still too early but some of the buds were decent. Nothing to write about. Pushed the last 2 plants longer and this is my yield. The yield from the final 2 Durban Poison plants was 14.3 oz. Currently in curing stage. I have sampled the product and have determined that it is going to work perfectly.

My chickens produce the eggs that i use the shells from to make my Cal-Mag solution

Emmie's DIY CalMagPhos+ From Eggshells

Works amazing and now it gets worked into my soil. Then my worms eat all the trimmings from the plants so I don't have to worry about where that ends up. The castings from the worms go into my soil. If I ever have too much trim I will throw it in the chicken pen and the evidence is gone in less than an hour. The chicken poop goes into my compost for future soil along with worms and casting.

I am shutting down now and scheduling to start some studies using different techniques later in the year and will be doing my first grow journal at that time. Take care everyone. I will be lurking happily about.

Attachments

• 20190322_164957.jpg
    20190322_164957.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 20190322_165003.jpg
    20190322_165003.jpg
    611.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 20190325_214805.jpg
    20190325_214805.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 69
I did really well I think.
Well that's an understatement ! Beautiful plants,beautiful nugs,and a great journal !
I'll be looking forward to the next one ,GrowGirl :bravo:

I run a Durban x Acapulco cross. My plants can go anywhere from 70 - 130+ days depending on how long I wanna wait. Sativa like this one, you can let them go for a long time.
Congrats on your harvest.

Be careful with the freshies. Its really a day time deal for me. I can get a lot done. lol

Back
Top Bottom