First grow ever - Have some questions

gambit85

Hey all,

This is my first attempt at growing, finally got my license to do it legit! (I am in canada)
I had 5 month wait to get my license so I spent that time reading the entire Ed Rosenthal growers handbook and have learned a lot, and committed a lot of time and resources to this but obviously there is tons I dont know.

Hoping for some insight on how i'm doing here is some photos
1661140381562.png

1661140352395.png

Question 1): on the third photo you can see one of the side branches all of them except the main cola look like this and the buds are growing very sparcely, will these fill out in the coming weeks? This is Day 33.

Question 2) the main buds, if you smell them directly with your nose, smell like heavy fertilizer/chemicals, if you run your fingers in the buds then smell them, they smell great, if you pinch a stem and smell it, you get a strong thc whiff, but the buds themselves smell like ass, is this just a flush/cure and the end to remove that?? or am I overdoing the nutes.

Question 3) when do I know the best time to harvest? grab a microscope? what Day should I even start considering and looking for milky white trichromes? 50+?

Background info
Strain: Bubbleberry (sativa dominant/indica)
Medium: Promix organic soil
Temp: 27-34 degrees
RH: 40-55%
Co2: 700-1600 ppm
Nutrients in water I add : 350-600ppm
Nutrients in runoff water from the plant: ~900 ppm
PH: 6.3

Lights on 8pm lights off 8am attached are some datalogging metrics for co2/RH/temp

1661140506463.png

1661140516141.png

1661140524784.png

Question 1 I only see 1 picture
Question 2 if you were overdoing the nutes your pant would tell you like burnt tips and other problems.
Question 3 I assume this is a photoperiod plant? I would start checking trichomes when you see the white pistils in the buds turning orange brown red.

Where did you get this seed from and are you sure it's blueberry? My blueberry is 85% indica

Question 1 I only see 1 picture
Question 2 if you were overdoing the nutes your pant would tell you like burnt tips and other problems.
Question 3 I assume this is a photoperiod plant? I would start checking trichomes when you see the white pistils in the buds turning orange brown red.

Where did you get this seed from and are you sure it's blueberry? My blueberry is 85% indica

Bubbleberry! not blueberry, its bubble gum crossed with dj shorts blueberry

There is more pics, click the link under the one pic that got attached.

I just found out I have spider mites 3-4 days ago, thats why the plants/buds growth has slowed down.. :(

Got some organic oil based sprays and cut off every last fan leaf, and really slowed them down, this harvest already gonna be a bit lame, but now i'm more concerned about my veg tent that has 7 new strains, all infected.. I need to clear these all up asap so I can quarantine them after my harvest, go ape shit on the room and disinfect the hell out of it, and move on from these lil bastards

Since they are only about a foot tall and 3-4 weeks old, I was thinking of mixing up some a large container of water n something like SNS which can kill eggs and mites and then literally dunking the entire clone into it, to get every last egg and mite.. would that work?

Your plant looks perfectly healthy, only thing I can see is it's stretched because lack of light

She is a 4 foot tall sativa, no light stretch at all, sitting under a 750w HPS and a 315W MH
4 plants total budding currently.

1661138742856.png

1661138788342.png

If you zoom into the first pic in that first post, really closely you can see a silvery/white pattern of little knicks, its from the spider mites feeding, ive striped her down to just buds and sugar leaves and removed most of the infestation, they are doing much better now and back to size production!

1661138822060.png

1661138866568.png

two twin clones of bberry
1661138901786.png

@Beefybuds17 I read neem has a harsh after taste and shouldnt be used on buds, I am happy with my results for now, I have a few more things to try immediately AFTER chopping it down.

Back
Top Bottom