FIRST GROW EVER (indoor- CFL's)Any help will be loved!

GanjaMan8

:welcome:
Been browsing this site for couple weeks all in a plan to grow.

I've chosen CFL's for my grow and have been writing down whole bunch of info from this site.

My closet is approx. 2.5 feet wide, 7ft tall, and 2ft in depth.

Currently germing (bag seed) two plants had six but accadintly killed all but 2.

I'm using MG organic potting mix ( know this isn't the best but just for first time will be using it)

Currently 2 soft blue 100 watt CFL's will be getting more in next couple weeks.

Dont have PH meeter (having hard time finding one?Any big stores carry any?)

P.S. Have alot more seeds so might start gemring more.

Pics coming tomorow.
:welcome:

Ph meters are too much hastle in IMO. They need to be constantly calibrated and their acuracy can be skewed by many different variable. I have used a test tube kit for many years with no probs. Just take a nute mix or runoff sample in the testtube add 1 drop of testing solution and shake. Then simply match the colour to the chart provided. Make sure u get the stuff for hydro not pools & hot tubs. Another product i find invaluable is "PHix It" made by Essential Hyddroponics this stuff hold your PH stable at 6 for a 7-10 day period. I got tired of adjusting my ph constantly. The tap water here is v/high alkaline with a ph of 8-9. Soil is much more forgiving where Ph is concerned.

get some pictures up, miracle grow has plenty of fertilizer in it so only give them water. sounds like a nutrient or pH issue

because the soil comes with fertilizer in it its rough on seedlings and clones

sounds like you're on your way dude. Definitely get those pics up so we can help you determine what the issue is before its too late.

Nothing wrong with MG organic choice soil. I used the same soil for my first grow, and my plants are doing great without anything but the soil and water. Just take it one step at a time and you will be rewarded with great bud

Sorry for the delay and thanks everyone for help and concern kinda depressed about the little one's looking unhappy but im going to give 110% so here they are

th_1255594254_DSCN0515.JPG

rsz_dscn0517.jpg

anything destinctfuly wrong??

yo whats up i use CFLs you need to use 24 hour light no dark for atleast 4 weeks your plants will get huge doing this then after 4 weeks of nothing but light go into flowerin 12 light 12 dark
trust me thats the why to do it with CFLS i use 10 little 30 watt CFLs mix of soft white and day light color and then one hge 300 watt soft white CFL the soft white is better for flowering and the bluesh daytime light is beter for veg
i have a PH tester and i never use it you dont need it
i use tap water because the ph is at 6.5 anyway
DONT USE MG it has food this will make your plants die
i use basic top soil cost 2.96 at homedepot and dont feed till they are 4-5 weeks old
cfl is a great why for a cheap grow
hope this helps im on my 3rd grow now
good luck

they look just fine so far, i think you are just worried about your ladies... check out some photos of plants from seed 1 to 2 weeks, you are right on schedule. and it looks like they arent too cranky about the organic MG soil. in another week or 2 you can expect rapid growth and the fun begins

i gauranty its your soil its feeding it
they dont need food this early so try a flush poor water through the soil and dump the run off water
flushing means run clean water thru it to get the food out and disgaurd the run off water but with you using MG soil flushin may not do you any good all MG soil has food in it and it always over feeds MJ plants
hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom